Voice activated dialling trial

Guest jhew

Just got an email from Orange, about a new voice activated dialling trial they will be running. Here's the blurb....

Trial Name: Voice Activated Dialling.

Trial Details: Orange are looking for a number of triallists to take part in the trial of a new voice activated dialling service which is due to start at the end of July. The service will not only allow you to call your friends and colleagues using voice activation but you will also be able to create and manage contacts using voice, internet and WAP technology.

Incentives: Access to the service will be free of charge to all triallists.

Start Date: 31/7/2003

End Date: 30/9/2003

Sounds pretty cool! :)

But I guess it's about bloody time! It's a feature I took for granted on my old Nokia 8210.

Guest Rob.P

YES IT IS GUYS, click on the homepage link at the bottom, it will then show you all the available trials, by default when you log in it takes you to the screen for trials you have registered for.

As for when the Music Lounge trial ends I think it's the end of this month, can't remember for definate.

Not available for people on the Music Lounge trial i guess (when does that end again?).

It is. I'm on music lounge (not that I have it installed anymore...ssshhh!)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

www.trials.orange.co.uk

Looks like its a "call this number and speak to the voice rec' there" type thing though, not extra software.

Guest Rob.P

So more like they are making improvements to "Wildfire" then, I used her a couple of times in the early days but she wasn't worth it then, not for an extra £10 per month.

Guest djthorp
So more like they are making improvements to "Wildfire" then, I used her a couple of times in the early days but she wasn't worth it then, not for an extra £10 per month.

Its a £10 one off connection charge. The charge is also waved if you have infront. Used to have wildfire, took it off other day though. She kept confusing people

Dave

Guest Brody

I cannot get the trial to show up :? I've tried clicking thehomepage link at the bottom without any luck, my profile is set up to reflect the fact that i own an SPV, do i need any other specifics?

Guest Big Ron - No Longer a Mem
You might wanna get Big Ron to look it over 1st ! :)

Looks genuine to me. But I've got different reservations about "Voice activated dialling". You're talking confidentially to your mate about "that sh*thead who thinks his Nokia PHONE is the best thing since sliced bread, what does FRED know about phones?" and what the phone "heard" was "mumble mumble PHONE FRED mumble mumble". So it does EXACTLY what you told it to. And he gets to listen in to the rest of your conversation. Slightly different reason to be VERY careful.

But if it lowers the current number of pedestrians mowed down by morons trying to steer, change gear AND hold a phone at the same time, I guess it's step in the right direction. A few years back I lost three aquaintances to people doing EXACTLY that. I was the last person to speak to one of them - it still sends shivers down my spine.

Guest Brody

Found the trials by clicking the "future trials" link before logging in!

There are three entries for Voice Activated Dialling, whats that all about?! :?

And they still don't show up in my future trials when i'm logged in!

"All I asked for was a frikkin' phone with a frikkin' laser beam!"

It's available as an optional extra for the Ericsson T300!

"All I asked for was a frikkin' phone with a frikkin' laser beam!"  

It's available as an optional extra for the Ericsson T300!

Would that be from zippit.com per chance? :) :wink:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/1282.htm

"...This tiny snap-on accessory gives off a strong laser beam when connected to your Sony Ericsson mobile phone. Use it at meetings, lectures, clubs and get the point across. To make sure you have it with you at all times, hang it on a key ring or phone bag.

Technical Spec:

* Wavelength 630-680cm

* Max Output <1mw

* Class 3R laser product"

1282.jpg

Guest midnight

what the hell is the point of that? laser pointers are cheaper and also fit on a keyring (also a bit off topic for voice activated dialling innit? :))