a lead on how to unlock SPV

Guest cizake

Well the macromedia flash player refuses to install due to this..?

not entirely sure, but try it?

Will

Hmmm, is there a smartphone version of Macromedia Flash? There is a PocketPC one that I'm aware of, but you cannot run PocketPC sw in SmartPhone 2002.

Are you saying it just refuses to Flash if the CRC is wrong, so no harm can be done? Yes/No

How have you connected over serial, it only comes with a USB cable?

Are you making all this up?

Guest florin_m

Fine then study urself the phone if u don't bealive me :D

I'll not longer make my discovers public anymore.

When an unlocker will be ready, you'll have to contact the oficial dealers of the product.

That's all fox.

From now on i'm back in shadow :evil:

See ya

florin_m

Yes, there are too many idiots on this board, but the rest of us have learn't to ignore these people that just want to nit pick on those that wish to express their point of view.

Please keep up the good work on unlocking the SPV.

Keep up the good work FLORIN!!

You know there are many good people out there appreciating your effort.! Ignore the rest...

We all (i think) can't wait for the miracle!!

I'm backing you mate, although looking at the prices all the other networks charge for GPRS, my phone will be staying with orange until april...

Cheers oh and by the way you said you managed to dump all the files from the phone, have you looked at them at all.. (still searching for icons!)

Will

Dont' be fooled guys by florins response.

I've done everything florin has and more with this device. If he had anything he would give a straight answer rather than this bullshit threatening language. I even have the QFS file system part worked out that is used on the card and have found the SHA hash functions.

He's not told us anything that wasn't on public boards weeks ago. If he had anything to say, then he would answer my simple questions (for example about the serial link).

Don't let a desire for something cloud your judgement.

Steddy

Fine then study urself the phone if u don't bealive me :D

I'll not longer make my discovers public anymore.

When an unlocker will be ready, you'll have to contact the oficial dealers of the product.

That's all fox.

From now on i'm back in shadow :evil:  

See ya

My friend please tell us if you have any news about the unlocking!

Thank you in advance :oops:

ahem

The operating system, the device generally works with files and folder as we're all familer.

But the operating system is not what will need attention to unlock any handset. We're talking about the EEPROM here. This is what will be flashed in any unlock attempt just like any handset.

Why? Because it is on the EEPROM the IMEI and the lock variable will be read from. You dont really think that modifying the IPSM folder is going to remove the simlock do we?

The SPV could in theory be used for emergency call even without the IPSM folder, but you would not be able to do this without an IMEI sent to the network so it can identify the originator of the call.

It's all theory until somebody make it happen. And stop slating each other for god's sake.

TZed9

When I'm referring to the QFS file system I am reffering the the file system used on the ROM chip, not the media card or RAM.

When you dump the entire contents of the ROM to an SD card you get a special undocumented file system called QFS (not the Sun one) on the media card. This isn't readable by the phone when its booted normally (it justs tell you the card isn't formated).

Steddy

true true

But surely, the core that contains the handset info, to be altered we'd need to do a flash?

Much as I'd like to, I can't see the unlock solution coming from backing up, tweaking, then the restore.

Don't get me wrong. I would never claim that what I'm suggesting is gospel, just what follows the fashions in terms manufacture.

Under the battery, there is a little rubber section slightly to the side. Now doesn't that look like another port? Coincedently, in a very simlilar place to where a 3*** series Nokia has a flash port?

Just thinkng out loud here...

When you backup the device it backup the entire phone image and all other data to the card.

If you alter it then boot the phone with the card, it gives you the option to overwrite the phones Flash memory with the image on the card.

This will be exactly the way HTC and Orange program these phones (apart from the initial factory flash).

Once we crack the CRC and Hash function protecting changing the ROM code, then anything will be possible.

Steddy

Off topic a little.. sorry :oops:

If anyone has done this, and has all the windows .dll files, please pm me.. (still searching for icons!)

I'm guessing this is where the icons are stored??

Will

Guest ant_thomas
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY SPV IS NOW UNLOCKED....

I called their customer service and talked to a guy. I told him I had my NOKIA (YES) for over 6 months (which is true) and wanted to unlock the damn phone.

He asked for the IMEI - I gave him the IMEI of my SPV and he gave me the unlock code right away.

It was so simple I cannot believe IT!!

IT WORKS!!!!

Cizake :D  :(  :(  :P

So if you tell them you have a Nokia they will give you the code?

If so how long did it take for the code to be given to you?

Cheers

Anthony

Paul, sorry for confusing you. I'm not actually trying to solve the Simlock problem I'm trying to solve the missing MS security certificate issue.

The Simlock is probably on the SIM and the Phone and I doubt the SIM is backed up onto the card.

The CE BIOS image which gets dumped to the card includes the registry, read only files, rom files and the entire BOOTCODE of the phone. This definately does contain this restriction which if all goes to plan we should be able to get around and run any software on the phone.

Steddy

• 1 month later...

Wonder if Steddy is still alive and maybe found a way to operator unlock the SPV... ? I know florin_m did but he has made a business out of it (would have done the same myself I guess).

How long will this be a secret ??!?

I've looked into the various options without flashing the ROM.

It seems SIMLock.exe is called by gwes.exe (which seems to be a core component of the OS) upon startup with a non-Orange SIM. Terminating SIMLock.exe gets rid of the screen, and detects the new SIM, changes networks to it etc.

The problem is that gwes.exe recalls SIMLock.exe upon detecting the new network after being terminated.

The only option left seems to be reading the relevant address from the ROM, which will contain the SID lock code. Entering this code upon it detecting a new SIM should unlock the SPV from all networks.

I've ordered a serial cable for delivery next week, and shall look into this.

And I don't intend to profit from any new discovery - I hope any other forum members working on this issue have the same view, despite florin_m's sudden but expected change of mind.

I will get my serial cable tomorrow by FedEx and start playing around. I will ofcourse share the findings I might make too.

Firaas: If you got any ideas you want tested before you get your cable plz contact me on PM and lets exchange ideas.

Could you not write an application that runs in startup that kills simlock.exe upon detection? Since we now got rid of cert, their must be something that can be done!

DJ Hope