where to download video for my SPV?

Guest chinta

Guest chinta

Hi there,

Does someone know any websites where i can download free 'movies' or video's for my SPV, which is Software locked!! They must be running under the media player, as I cannot install any other programme!!

Let me know!!

Guest drblow

Why don't you just decert your phone (Orange OTA site), install pocketMVP - and then convert any video you want using virtualdub!!!!

It is the best way to use video on the SPV by a long way! :wink:

Guest chinta

I would do that, but im afraid i will do n e thing wrong so it wud damage the SPV!! By the way, my SPV is Simlocked and Application locked. Can I software unlock my phone still??

Guest XGEOX

why not just convert the movies into wmv or avi yourself (any video conversion prog will do it - try this) - then copy to the sd card and play through media player?

you wouldnt even have to unlock your phone (which is really easy anyway if you use OTA)

I suggest you unlock your phone anyway - it's really easy with OTA and opens up so many possibilities with the SPV. It cant damage your phone as far as i know.

EDIT: You wont find sites offering free downloads of full movies - that would be illegal obviously - but you may find sites offering small clips.

Guest drblow
I would do that, but im afraid i will do n e thing wrong so it wud damage the SPV!! By the way, my SPV is Simlocked and Application locked. Can I software unlock my phone still??

Not sure whether the sim unlock would affect the decert - never heard of it happening before!

Don't worry about your phone!! We all did at first, but decerting is the best thing you will ever do! It opens your phone up to so much more potential!

JUST DO IT!!! :)

Guest XGEOX

well, thats a matter of how much your willing to sacrifice in quality...

i havent tried converting full length movies myself, but i have done small 5-15 second clips and got them down to 50-150kb

i should think you'd comfortably fit one 45min movie on at reasonable quality, but that's a guess :wink:

Guest davy

I think I read somewhere on the forum that a 90 minute movie can be converted, at a reasonable quality, to fit on a 128 MB card.

Try doing a search.

davy.

Guest jhew

Try this on for size.....

I managed to get Lord of the Rings to fit on my 128mb card! :) It was still watchable too. Well, as watchable as any movie can be on a screen so comparativly small.

One thing I did find out tho. The film takes up less space in one continuous file than it does when you break it down into chapters. Just a thought for future reference.

Guest chinta

Yeah please let me know when ur done!!

I converted a friends episode, which was very easy to do with Mediaplayer Encoder 9! So i copy and paste it 2 my storage card and was eager 2 find out if it works or not!!

But i can't hear no audio + the streaming is terrible!! So i'd say the quality is not as good as i was hoping 2 be!!

Which programme y'all use??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Taoski

I followed the instructions in the "Articles" section of Modaco to convert some simpsons episodes to keep me awake on the train.

They were a mix of AVIs,DIVX and MPGs and i managed to convert them ok mainly using the Micorosft Media Encoder.

I reconverted the DIVX back to MPG using AudioDub and then redid them in Media Encoder.

Got a 30(ish) min episode down to about 9mb each.

The quality is not perfect - but they were'nt when i downloaded them in the first place! Lots of bad copies out there - with ads in and stuff... grr.

I have got PocketTV installed... just need to start playing with that too - as i hear it is better quality playback than ol' Media Player.

Now i just got to work out how to stop myself laughing out loud and causing my fellow commuters to leave the vacinity! lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chinta

hi there,

was just wondering if someone been busy with converting some nice video's! I tried with windows media encoder 9 but that didnt go well. There was no sound and the video itself was not playing off well!

Any suggestions 4 other programs?

Guest drblow
was just wondering if someone been busy with converting some nice video's! I tried with windows media encoder 9 but that didnt go well. There was no sound and the video itself was not playing off well!  

Any suggestions 4 other programs?

Have you still not tried PocketMVP & virtual dub??

If not, why not!?!

Guest kallep

then software unlock it..!!!!

you can't do anything wrong just follow the guide.!

http://www.developers.orange.com/workingwi...3/04/Unlocking/

somebody at this site has som settings in his signature use them with Virtualdub an watch the your movies in PocketMVP it can't get any better than that

WMP is really bad.!

Good luck to you girl.!

Solgaard/kallep

Guest squall

anyone got a guide for converting dvd to spv, better watch what we are saying, don’t want to get accused of breaking copy right. maybe if someone did make a guide, they could pm anyone who wanted it rather than posting? id appreciate a guide though.

Guest chinta

hi,

I have converted a video but when i want to play it from my pda (compaq Ipaq 3850) the video plays really slow and the sounds n video r out of sync!!

Can i change something in the options or whatever, which will improve the quality of the video?

Thanks lots!

• 2 weeks later...