Card readers...what do you use?

Guest FrankyG

Guest FrankyG

Hi,

I just bought a PQI travel flash 6-in-1 unit...only to find out that it doesn't support 256Mb SD or MMC! I have conflicting reports on whether it does or doesn't, can anyone confirm? I don't have my 256 card yet to test.

What does work well is using media Player 9 to transfer music and videos to the SD card..nice and quick!

What do you use, for your 256 or higher capacity cards?

Cheers!

FrankyG

Guest yatpeak

Also, when you say 256mb or higher, you're not meant to have above 256, and 512s don't work in some SPVs, but others can use them, I suppose it's just chance.

Wyatt

Guest FrankyG
Also, when you say 256mb or higher, you're not meant to have above 256, and 512s don't work in some SPVs, but others can use them, I suppose it's just chance.

Wyatt

what? I thought there was no limit on size of card that the SPV could read, 512 too expensive at the moment so not an issue...but in the future would be nice to use.

FrankyG

Guest awarner [MVP]

Wyatt

512 SD cards should work in all spv's the only problem reported

are MMC cards as some makes have been known not to work.

At the SPV launch it was quoted that the SPV could even handle the new

1GB cards when they come out later this year.

Guest yatpeak

Really? I read on a post a few weeks ago that it wasn't supposed to support higher than 256 and that some people had trouble with it...Must be mistaken. :oops:

Thanks

Wyatt