Registry Tweaks

Guest midnight

Guest crafty

As mentioned previously, the loud pop noise when inserting a contact name into an sms really annoys me. I'm sure that the sound is "Default" [found in windowsDefault.wav]. I have got rid of it by recording a blank sound, naming it Default.wav and copying it into windows. This is lost however after every power cycle. After reading this thread i searched the registry for Default.wav and found only one entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER > ControlPanel > Sounds > SystemDefault > [values] Sound.

I have tried altering this to blank sound etc but no luck. Does anyone [midnight - you seem to be the authority on registry hacks] have any other ideas on how to stop this???

On the other hand i could just wait a couple of days to use that Planus local SMS software and stop using inbox to send...

Guest midnight

hehe, i've said it once and i'll say it again, instead of clicking action on the To textbox, simply click menu>Add To:, that way the sound is never played (and this is the 'correct' way to add a contact)

As for removing the sound, dont think its possible to be honest

I have got the same problem............being a thickie i havent got a clue what you do with the cab or even what the cab file is.........so if anyone can explain it with a real simple instructions i would be very grateful

cheers Kris :roll:

I have got the same problem............being a thickie i havent got a clue what you do with the cab or even what the cab file is.........so if anyone can explain it with a real simple instructions i would be very grateful

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Simply put the .cab into your start menu (IPSMWindowsStart Menu) over activesync on your PC.

Then hit Programs and click it. It will then install like any other application :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hamann
Is there a way to put the custom ringtone of single contacts on the SD?

Thank you.

Caio

I would like to know it tooo...

any word midnight??? :?:

Guest EMGenius

HEEELLLLPPPP...

I am having issues putting ringtones on the sd card, this is what i did:

1) I created a folder called 'ringtones' in my storage card folder and put a file called ringtone.wav in there (with this name i can change the file without changing the reg if i want to change the tone, correct?)

2) renaed the string in the reg to /Storage Card/ringtones/ringtone.wav

then called myself using the housephone and my phone just beeped at me - no fancy wav..?! ;)

when i lookkd in settings>sounds the ringtone for line one was 'alarm 1' should it be? THen when i looked in the reg the string had been renamed to 'alarm 1" (which explains the last bit..)

any idea what i have done wrong?

cheers guys - you fountains of all knowledge you...

Guest crafty

EMGenius - you also need to resart the phone after editing the registry for the changes to take effect.

Be careful when going into settings>sounds as this will overwrite all of your lovely registry hacks! :!:

If you must go into settings>sounds you will have to redo all your sound hacks to [to storage card] and restart again. ;)

Guest EMGenius

smashin, i was just about to ask why my reg kept on re-setting itself. but you answered it b4 i asked...prminition nice!!!!!!

ta!

• 1 month later...
Guest TBanan

Could some one help me with the MRU/homescreen tweak? I have written the whole passages into the regedit fx IPSMprogram filesbinaryssmart explorersmartexplorer.exe and I have also tryed to make a shortcut in the folder and written the location in the value field fx: IPSMprogram filesbinaryssmart explorersmartexplorer.exe.ink or IPSMprogram filesbinaryssmart explorersmartexplorer.ink also tryed to put the shotcut in a nother folder fx IPSM or windows, but nothing helps, it just comes with an error messages saying it cant find the program or passages. Am I doing something wrong or is my SPV just strange?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blubear

Hi peeps, I wonder if anyone might be able to help with the following problem. Dont know what i'm doing wrong.

Have tried the tweak on 2002 SPV for Dtmf tones. Followed the instructions Midnight kindly supplied to the letter. Only problem is when I tried the first one to test it, the 0 key when I completed the tweak and tried the key all I got was aError bleep noise and no sound. allthe other keys made that annoying Dtmf sound. I placed the sounds from the cab file of the speaking clock which are numbered wav's and appear to work when i click on them with my computer....So peeps please help the dummy out, what am I doing wrong. All suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks very much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest schriss

1. Anybody knows the tweak to enable "Request SMS text message delivery notification" as a default setting? Default is disabled, I have to remember about this every time I send new SMS.

2. In Setting-Telephony-Channels there is a "Enable channels" option. I use it to stop receiving stupid Cell Info messages. Problem is: after power-up the "Enable" check box is marked again. Reg tweak would be appreciated :)

Thanks, Chris.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest humqmap

Mnay thanks for the exfellent tweaks Midnight.

Maybe you could help me with the following.

Activ Synced the spv and dragged a wav file into the IPSM startup folder. The sound plays when the phone boots but I don't like it. Tried to delete the wav file with Smart explorer/All explorer/Activ Sync but no luck - it won't let me (even if I turn the phone on an off.

Can you tell me how to get rid of this file

Many thanks

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Presumably it is kept "in use" after playing at boot, and therefore not allowing you to remove it. All that rebooting will do is play it again and you'll be stuck in the same position again hehe.

Try running one of the memory clearing apps (QuickClose or the bundled one with Task Manager), or renaming the file to a random type (sound.wav to sound.monorocks or something... :)), in theory it won't know what to do with the file and not keep it active in memory...

Guest PaulF

I seen it's been asked a couple of times in this post, but no answers so far......

Any joy on putting Custom Ring Tones (i.e. set for individual contacts) onto the Storage Card ???

(Also, while on the subject of Custom Ring tones - is there a way to assign them by Categories rather than for each contact. And also is there any way to view / edit the Custom Ring Tone from the PC (in Outlook))

:?:

Thanks

PaulF