256 replies to this topic

schriss

schriss

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X Tegra 3
1. Anybody knows the tweak to enable "Request SMS text message delivery notification" as a default setting? Default is disabled, I have to remember about this every time I send new SMS.

2. In Setting-Telephony-Channels there is a "Enable channels" option. I use it to stop receiving stupid Cell Info messages. Problem is: after power-up the "Enable" check box is marked again. Reg tweak would be appreciated :)

Thanks, Chris.

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Devices:HTC S620
Midnight - is there a fix to prevent the pause returning to a ringtone, after you have changed profiles?

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

jim80b

jim80b

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
try HERE pagemakers

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Devices:HTC S620
Thanks jim80b. It works a dream

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

humqmap

humqmap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Mnay thanks for the exfellent tweaks Midnight.

Maybe you could help me with the following.

Activ Synced the spv and dragged a wav file into the IPSM startup folder. The sound plays when the phone boots but I don't like it. Tried to delete the wav file with Smart explorer/All explorer/Activ Sync but no luck - it won't let me (even if I turn the phone on an off.

Can you tell me how to get rid of this file

Many thanks

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Presumably it is kept "in use" after playing at boot, and therefore not allowing you to remove it. All that rebooting will do is play it again and you'll be stuck in the same position again hehe.

Try running one of the memory clearing apps (QuickClose or the bundled one with Task Manager), or renaming the file to a random type (sound.wav to sound.monorocks or something... :)), in theory it won't know what to do with the file and not keep it active in memory...

I still exist

humqmap

humqmap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Many thanx Monolithix

Renamed the file, re-booted and was able to remove it no problem.

Cheers

Yours

Humqmap

PaulF

PaulF

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:SPV M600
I seen it's been asked a couple of times in this post, but no answers so far......

Any joy on putting Custom Ring Tones (i.e. set for individual contacts) onto the Storage Card ???

(Also, while on the subject of Custom Ring tones - is there a way to assign them by Categories rather than for each contact. And also is there any way to view / edit the Custom Ring Tone from the PC (in Outlook))

:?:

Thanks

PaulF

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
No way for individual contact ringtones on storage cards yet.

Not sure about that categories...

I still exist

scottt

scottt

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Devices:Tytn II, Shift
Done the loop tweak problem is when ever I plug the headset in it resets the reg so my ring tone won't loop.
Any thoughts ??

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
It reverts back to default settings when you change profiles unfortunately. A way round this is to edit the ringtone script in the profile xml file (IPSMApplication DataProfiles) to the script you want. This will survive profile changes.

I still exist

Krille

Krille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi. A little bit off topic, but a pressing problem:

I need to set the IP adress of my sync PC in HKLMCommTcpipHosts for syncing with dialup connection.
PHM Registry Editor fails with "Unable to perform operation".
This section of the registry seems to be write protected.

How can I set a key there or where to find a hosts file equivalent?
Maybe Monolithix or Midnight can help.

Thx, Krille

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
Hmm, you're right about the protected area of the registry, and i've never seen anything resembling a hosts file either. What do you mean by syncing with a dailup connection?

I still exist

Krille

Krille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
On the road I need to sync my phone with my work PC to get internal mails.
I connect to my corporate network via direct dial in on an corporate RAS server, so my smartphone is directly connected to my corporate network.

Now it should be able to sync with my Outlook via TCP/IP.
(Works fine with my iPAQ, where I set the IP in HKLMCommTcpipHosts.)

The problem:
The Smartphone starts syncing and ActiveSync (on smartphone) tries to resolve my workstation Name ("workpc") via DNS to get it's IP adress and here's the point:

My work PC's network name is "workpc.mycompany.de".
Because the smartphone does not know the network domain, ActiveSync is looking for a machine named "workpc" (with no network domain), which can't be resolved by DNS. (I checked the DNS logfiles.)

I need a way to tell either...
- my Smartphone the direct IP of "workpc" (wich was an entry in protected HKLMCommTcpipHosts or a hosts file)
- the corporate W2K DNS server to resolve "workpc" without network domain (which I failed due to limited DNS knowlegde)
- the corporate linux secondary DNS server to resolve "workpc" without network domain (which I also fail due to limited knowlegde)
- my Smartphone the network domain it is dialing in

RAS dialup has an entry for the dialup domain name, but the Windows domain is named "mycompanyde" (no dot). If "mycompany.de" is added as dialup domain, login fails :?. I'm even not shure if this would solve the problem.

Monolithix, thanks for your help.
Krille

midnight

midnight

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts
  • Interests:2d gfx<br />c#/xna development
  • Devices:HTC Mozart, Sony Ericsson X10
protected areas of the registry can mostly (but not always) be written to if you create a cab file to install the settings, the other bonus is you can just use settings>remove programs to get rid of the changes at any time.

Krille

Krille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Good idea midnight. I will try this. Just need a quick lesson on cab files.

Where do I find the syntax to write registry settings by cab files? Can you give me some coaching?

Krille

Krille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Note on Looping Alarm:

To avoid battery draining when alarming unattended, infinite loop may be disadvantageous. To loop alarm n times, script commands can be queued.

To have an alarm ring three times with 10 seconds inbetween use Value Data: apw10pw10p

Ok, so we have p(lay), v(ibrate seconds), w(ait seconds) and r(epeat).
Wondering what a and c50 stand for. Found in profile xml's for rising ringtone volume : c50apw3c150r

midnight

midnight

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts
a just means audio i beleive, and c is volume, so, c50 is the start volume, c150 is the end volume, hence the 'increasing' tone, also, if you have a midi file as your ringer, the notes are copied into the Script, so you will see more commands such as t and n, but i really wouldnt worry about these too much ;)

the one i'm interested in is theres a command to turn the led on and off, and also backlight on and off, which onfortunately dont appear to work on the spv's, ah well, in a different phone maybe :)

midnight

midnight

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts
if you find any more script commands let me know :)

Krille

Krille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
"a" might also stand for "alert". Have you tried if its for LED or screen notification?

> I tried apw10pw10p for alarm. No LED response :-(

BTW: Can you give me any help for a cab file to set registy entries, midnight?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users