Registry Tweaks

Guest midnight

I have a mpx 200 and I've been trying out your system startup sound tweak.  For some reason, I can't get it to work and was wondering if I was missing a step.  I'm using wm2003.

I installed PHM registry editor and placed 2 .wavs called Newt.wav and wound.wav in the /Storage/ directory on the phone.

Then I started up PHM and went to the sound/systemstart area and in the "sound" string I put "/Storage/Newt.wav"  Then I rebooted my phone after hitting "done"

It's still the default boot up sound, so I know I'm missing something somewhere.  Can anybody tell me what?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it might be that you have the slashes in the wrong direction?!

i cant get it to work either on my C500. does the sound need to be in "Storage" or can it be in a sub-folder of Storage? also, do u need to change anything else to make it play the sound?

i dont even have a default sound, that stopped playing like a month after i got the phone, which was in january! cant remeber what i might have done. but what are the settings i need to make the default sound atleast play!? :??: ideally, it'd be nice if midnight could answer this since he started this post an age ago!

any help appreciated tho

Cheers! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest alcalina

smart explorer

the file is in storage/my documents/notes

click in the file and edit the file and choose the option hidden ( to make apear)

fineshed

now cacth the file by active sync

my question is i want the voice recorder files direct in storage card

has anyway?

if not, has anyway of make the files automatic apear

• 4 weeks later...
Guest datasamm

Nice work Midnight, your really smart! Thanks for this! Oh yeah also wonder how do you switch of the vibration. Because each time I turn my SPV C550 on or off, it keeps vibrating? Let me know if you know. Thanks Midnight :]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all...

i have seen people asking about making the Notification light flash different colours, but i've not seen a reply...

My Orange SPV c550 has 3 colours for the left light, and one for the right

Left:

Green: Ready, Notification

Orange: Charging

Red: Battery low

Right:

Blue: Bluetooth on

Is there any way of summoning these colours instaed of just a faster flashing green light when using "f1" and "f0" in the scripts thing?

thanks a bunch

sorry, i also forgot to ask if it is possible to make the SMS tone repeat every, say 5 minutes, by using the repeat function, to remind you you have a message if you leave it somewhere...

and i can't seem to get the vibrate command to work either...

is it "v1" for on, and "v0" for off as it is with the LED, or is it different...

thx again

Me again...

Is there any way of changing the camera sound using the steps on the first page of this topic ???

And is there any way of making the LED flash in a different pattern, ie, flash for longer periods...

Thx alot

I know this was posted ages ago... so sorry...

These values, i assume, are for the SPV c500, on the lower res...

"The logo size must be 176 x 20, and the file must be a GIF file.

And the file MUST be on the phone, NOT the SD card."

I'd just like to know if this "hack" is still available on the SPV c550, and what resolution / type the image has to be, and can it be an animated gif...

thx alot, don't wanna screw my phone up :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kierancooper

Repeating alerts: I've edited the registry and successfully got an alert to repeat when a voice mail arrives which is great. However it now doesn't STOP repeating, even when the VM is cleared. I have to reboot the phone to get it to stop. Will this the same for all the repeat alerts? Any idea how to change it? I was using the script value av0pw30r

Repeating alerts: I've edited the registry and successfully got an alert to repeat when a voice mail arrives which is great. However it now doesn't STOP repeating, even when the VM is cleared. I have to reboot the phone to get it to stop. Will this the same for all the repeat alerts? Any idea how to change it? I was using the script value av0pw30r

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is an example for 2 times (vibration + play):

av0pw30v0p

for 3 times :

av0pw30v0pw30v0p

The method is : don't use the "r" parameter but repeat on the same line the sequence that you're using to read the sound as many time as you want.

(sorry for my bad english)

On my site HERE I've posted an explanation regarding the sound parameters but in french.

If you need it in english, I will try to translate this topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry but "clear the MRU to its default state" have no sense :shock:

MRU = Most Recent Used

Then you will always have modifications in this MRU even if you come back to the original links.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest edsolman

Thought this might be of use to people generally, as I'm sure the same thing applies to loads of registry settings....

I was mucking about on my phone yesterday and I noticed the Volume Control had stopped working. It wasn't showing up at all when I pressed the volume keys on the side of my SPV C550 and I couldn't change the phone or call volume.

Thankfully, these registry tweaks highlighted the problem.

I checked the registry entry for:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:VolDlg/BKBitmapFile

..and I found that the volume control Background was trying to use a JPG file I had manually deleted from my phone using the File Explorer, as it was a background for an old Homescreen I no longer used. Once I updated the registry entry to a valid JPG file, it started working again!

I presume this works the same for other screens and settings!

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest datasamm

Thanks Midnight, for the time and effort writing this up, I really found the tweaks very useful. The ones for ringtones on the SD card :] Also just wondered, do you know where to switch the vibration off for the start up and shut down for the SPV C550? Thanks Midnight :]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brins0
I know this was posted ages ago... so sorry...

These values, i assume, are for the SPV c500, on the lower res...

"The logo size must be 176 x 20, and the file must be a GIF file.

And the file MUST be on the phone, NOT the SD card."

I'd just like to know if this "hack" is still available on the SPV c550, and what resolution / type the image has to be, and can it be an animated gif...

thx alot, don't wanna screw my phone up :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to bring this up again... but is it still possible to do this on a c550?

Guest youngie

Alreet!

I have been trying out your wicked twekas for my C600. they are workin a treat.

There is one thing that is really buggin me though. On my orange phone when i have chosen/type in my number to dial and pressed the call key a 'blue' screen with the ornage logo at the top appears

i have tried to find the source of this gif in the registry but don't seem to be able to locate it

Any ideas wher it could be and how to get rid

Cheers

Guest Jerry Raia
Sorry but "clear the MRU to its default state" have no sense  :shock:

MRU = Most Recent Used

Then you will always have modifications in this MRU even if you come back to the original links.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know but it would be nice to just get it back to where it starts sometimes to get rid of broken links etc. rather than mess around in the registry to do it. In addition, when the phone is turned on for the first time or after a hard reset the items listed aren't quite "Most Recent Used" are they?

Edited by Jerry Raia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jumpie
Simply put the .cab into your start menu (IPSMWindowsStart Menu) over activesync on your PC.

Then hit Programs and click it.  It will then install like any other application ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, so I cannot find the IPSM folder. Where is it??? I've tried to "search" for it, but every search shows nothing. :cry:

Guest Jerry Raia
Ok, so I cannot find the IPSM folder. Where is it???  I've tried to "search" for it, but every search shows nothing.  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the Mpx220 which is WM2003 it would be /Windows/StartMenu

• 1 month later...
Guest decline

I am currently using a MPx220 with an asian rom 3.46 i have flashed it and changed the language settings for local and for regional to USA (english) but when i go to GRPS settings there is still some asian text next to all of the networks does anyone know were in the registry those values are located so that i could fix them myself thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest omerparacha

i have PHM RegEdit but havent used it much. i want to change the storage location for my recieved bluetooth files from "Storage" to my "Storage Card".what is the actual registry hack (step by step, im not much of a PHM RegEdit user!) to change the location.btw i have an i-mate Sp3.

thanks!

Guest conan_troutman
i have PHM RegEdit but havent used it much. i want to change the storage location for my recieved bluetooth files from "Storage" to my "Storage Card".what is the actual registry hack (step by step, im not much of a PHM RegEdit user!) to change the location.btw i have an i-mate Sp3.

thanks!

unfortunetly you will need a third party program to what you are asking the best one is sniper but you have to leave it running to work as you would with any of its competitiors