Games suggestion list for development

Guest midnight

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Johnnyjohn
STUNT CAR RACER (and that would be quite possible on the smartphone )

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

The P800 has it so why can't we?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?(and we wouldn't them gloating over us would we?)

John

Guest XGEOX

i havent been following this thread so i dont know if anyone has already said this - but what about the mega-drive'strike' games - you know, desert and jungle strike - the ones with the isometric viewpoint and the sudo-3dhelicopter?

how difficult would that be to produce?

or at least, a similar style game (if copyright is an issue)?

Guest mores

i would kill for prince of persia !

well, almost.

:lol:

and i'd like to see a copy of scorched earth (the mother of all battles). not worms, not snails, but scorched earth!!

i know prince of persia would require a license, and i would be more than happy to pay for it.

maybe it would be possible to whip up a pocket pc version as well.

thanks in advance ! :D

Guest Johnnyjohn

STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!STUNT CAR RACER!!!!!

:D :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :o :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D

please?

:lol:

• 2 months later...
Guest djmunch

Personally i would like to see Dig Dug made for SPV. I have tried in vain to find the GBC version to use with the Gnuboy but alas, no rom sites have them! Having seen how good SPVMan is, surely it wouldnt take much to re-create Dig Dug? :)

Guest londonlad

i know! cant we just put a gameboy advance emulator on the spv. we'd be well sorted, wont even need a n-gage.

yeah, lemmings would be cool and street of rage, but then a mega drive emulator would deal with that.

Track and field, like Daily Thompson's Decathlon?

Graphics aren't that complex and you only need a couple of command keys.

If I remember the arcade only had 2 action keys,

Key 1 to run, jump or whatever you are doing

Key 2 to throw, jump etc.

You can use a similar game on an emulator but playability is poor

Would be good to have on SPV :)

Adam

Hard reset your phone quickly and they would never know :wink:

O.k, maybe you could keep a key pressed down which would accelerate your running speed???

I'm sure this would be a top seller game!! Well I would buy it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

do you know lots of other SPV users you can play with then?

IR is quite slow apparently

I'm planning on testing it myself at some point as I'd love a particular game of mine to be multiplayer

do you know lots of other SPV users you can play with then?

IR is quite slow apparently

I'm planning on testing it myself at some point as I'd love a particular game of mine to be multiplayer

Well, its not a very complicated and fast program anyway.. well, its really cool to play with someone with another SPV.. Pong or Snake for example.. I know its a lame game but its fun having someone to play with.. right? Do know know any or source code foe that? ;)

• 8 months later...
Guest sadistsly

Sensible Soccer, Sensible World Of Soccer clone, come on guys. These were so simple yet so bloody playable. There really are no decent football games on Smartphone or JAVA, and i cant see a reason why.

Also another Sensi classic. Cannon Fodder. Yet another highly addictive game.

There have been many great games that managed to avoid the restrictions of limited technology and still provide an awsome experiance.

Good luck with ya developments guys

• 2 months later...
Guest battletank
How about a Z interpreter (such as Frotz) that can play the old Infocom text adventure games such as Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Would need easy text input (T9?).  PocketPC source is available out there.

This is exactly what I've been looking for - the list of classic adventure games which utilise Infocom's Z-machine interpreter is outstanding - HHGTTG, Zork 1,2,3, Planetfall... in fact the full list can be found {HERE}.

These are perfectly suited to Smartphone use - they're just text, so there's no problem with reformating for the screen. The only issue, as pointed out, would be text input, but I believe T9 would suffice (possibly with a few hotkeys). They're all pretty small, so should easily fit a huge range on an SD card - for example, the data for Zork 1 is 90K.

A number of existing interpreters for other devices exist (including Windows CE) - they can be downloaded (many with source code) {HERE}.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest steverae

Dunno if this has been mentioned but i used to love Galaxian, or Moon Cresta. These should hopefully be fairly easy for Muff as he has made a cracking version of Space Invaders.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest !coolway!

ok look ive been planning a football management game, i have made plans for it how im going to set it out but i havent learnt evc++ yet so could someone give me sites that can show me or teach me this language.