Ringtone Timings

Guest blueuk808

Guest blueuk808

This is probably a very old question dating back to the first composer stuff on Nokias....BUT!.....

Is there any way of getting a wav and making it a continuous loop irrespective of it's length - assuming it doesn't exceed the spv's cut off time.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure if the SPV loops because at the moment my activsync is playing up so i cant test it. Here is a perfect loop of Big Pimpin by Jayz.

I would of thought that with the ring type set to increasing it would loop. Like i said though i havent tried it so you are welcome too!

Guest blueuk808

I've got it looping no problem, but the sample is only 14 seconds. And I think the phone has about a 20 second sample patch for the ring before it loops. So when the sample finishes it goes silent for 6 secs then starts again. I wondered if there was any way of editing how long the ring should be down to 14 seconds

Guest elementalist

Probably more likely it is just putting a gap in between repeats. I don't think they would expect a ringtone to loop without gaps, more like 'ring-ring' 'ring-ring' 'ring-ring' innit?

*shrug* I am guessing though

^ I see what you mean, but it should loop as soon as the sample is finished, and if you wanted a "gap" then you could just have it as silence in the WAV file.

This phone is pretty crazy when it comes to ringtones. I am sure there has got to be a way of getting the phone to loop exactley at the end of a sample.

I second that!! Coz what if my tone was 22 secs long?? Crash? lol.

Though it is a bit random with timings (and toooo slow sometimes). Would be good if you could select either Loop or Gap(ie 3sec) in options.. I would pretty much expect these little nifty features from a microsoft OS. Afterall the are doing a great job (xp pro for example) and SP2002 is getting there (slowly..). There will be times when you can run XP on your phone, lol!!!

Guest adrianfox

There should be no enforced gap between samples. If a gap is desired it can always be built into the sample. If MS want to provide gaps, then make them a configurable duration i.e. 0 or more seconds.

Guest spacemonkey
There should be no enforced gap between samples.  If a gap is desired it can always be built into the sample.  If MS want to provide gaps, then make them a configurable duration i.e. 0 or more seconds.

The same goes for Internet Explorer on my PC. Microsoft shouldn't force it to hang for a few seconds when I load some pages. They should have a configurable 0 or more second hang that I can set :D

But seriously. I think the main reason for the pause when it is looping is that the WAV processing on the phone "could be better" rather than this being a design feature.

Guest blueuk808

Yeah - I would have thought the same too, but it seems to be the same with most phones - even things like 6210 and stuff when you compose. If you don't compose the full time it doesn't automatically repeat.

Sigh

And there's me being Trevor Horn with these little samples - it was right bo too!

• 1 year later...
Guest crafty

You need to edit the Reg Key HKCUControl PanelSoundsRingtone0 [values] Script. The script includes an entry like 'av0pw3r' which means play sound & vibrate, wait 3 seconds then repeat. For a correctly loosing ringtone make sure the 'r' is at the end and set the 'w3' bit to the number of seconds it should wait between loops (or just delete 'w3' for no wait).

U may be able to do this with CustomCabbage or the new automatic reg tweaker but i'm not sure.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest MadElves

Hm... i have made a looped ringtone... and it works flawlessly

just do the tweak and it works ok... i don't know how you guys get 'gaps'

btw I made it into WMA...

probly if the file is too big it would read again hence the gap.. but i never experience it