Solution to Failed ROM upgrade (SAP 1.50.28)

Guest spv_dman

Guest spv_dman

Guys, if you encountered problems with the ROM upgrade for the SMART Amazing phone, just reinstall the old version 1.3.78.

You may download it here: http://www.mtech.com.ph/geoff/schadow1/sap/sap_137.zip

This worked for me. I haven't tried the other solution though which is to

upgrade using another PC.

My initial installation of SAP 1.50.28 returned an error saying "ERROR 116: Smartphone Identification Error"

Guest marky

hope this will work for me.................. recently i went to smart wireless center to report this incident

but they to dont know how to do this ROM update.

Guest marky

i tried the update and the error msg appears: ERROR 101: CONNECTION ERRORi tried the update and the error msg appears: ERROR 101: CONNECTION ERROR

Guest spv_dman

Make sure the phone is in its cradle or USB connector, you're in the canary "rainbow screen". and at the bottom left corner of the screen, it states "USB" not serial. Afterwhich you may click the SAP_I37 upgrade, click "yes to all" when prompted if you want to overwrite the files.

Guest marky

i already done this... connection error parin ang lumabas ive change from 1 computer to another but still no success........ bakit kaya nag kaganun???

Guest grifter

the ASync icon should not be there. that's why you have to make sure that wsecomm.exe and wcesmgr.exe are not running in the task manager.

it hasn't happened to me since I didn't upgrade to 1.50.28.

Guest spv_dman

Let me get this straight, you've upgraded to SAP 1.50.28, now

your phone isn't working? Hanggang "canary screen" ka lang ba?

Guest spv_dman

Problem that I have with the "Identification Error" was in version 1.50. But when I downgraded to 1.37 it worked fine.

Guest marky

meron ba kong dapat gawin instead of intalling again the sap update???meron ba kong dapat gawin instead of intalling again the sap update???

Guest marky

ang nangyayari every time i restart my computer either the identification error or the connection error ang lumalabas......

Guest spv_dman

Sa akin kasi after mag fail yung upgrade ( identification error / Connection Error). Nag downgrade lang ako pabalik sa 1.37. Yun lang, no other modication sa phone. You sure 1.37 na ang ginagamit mong pang update and not the 1.50?

Guest grifter

here's what you do -- go to a computer with NO ACTIVESYNC software installed.

DISconnect your phone from the sync cable then boot your phone into the Canary screen (3-color bars).

then connect the sync cable. (make sure it says 'USB' at the bottom of the phone's screen)

run the sap.exe (or sap137.exe)

it should work.