How do you set up hotmail on the phone??

Guest mattbrown

Guest dragomia

The problem with AT&T is that their proxy is blocking DAV trafic. You may want to set the APN to some other value. A quick search on google shows the following APNs for AT&T: proxy (the default), public and internet. Not being an AT&T customer I can't say which one works, if you get it to work with one of those please post here.

T-Mobile USA has a simmilar problem, to get it to work set your APN to wap.voicestream.com or internet3.voicestream.com instead of internet2.voicestream.com (the default one).

Adrian

Guest dragomia
Hi,

I just installed the trial and it works great  :lol: . Does anyone know what the limitations are in the trial? Days or functions?

TKJ

It will work for 30 days, after that you'll need to register it.

It will work for 30 days, after that you'll need to register it.

Thanks, I might even do that.. :shock: :lol:

The only problem I have is that I would like to see the junk mail on the phone too.. Any chance of that? If I want to move one of the messages, I can choose to place it in the junk mail, but I can't just "see" the junk mail..

TKJ

Guest dragomia

I got that same error as well, but fixed it by going into IE Options -> Connections, and setting the "Select network:" to The Internet instead of WAP network. That may mess up getting to mMode or other WAP sites though... but I don't use that much anyway.

Oh and thanks for the ResetSecurity app dragomia, you just got another customer! :lol:

I fixed this issue and updated the files on smartphone.net

Guest HKBoySiR

im having the exact same problem what provider do you have? i have att wireless

Sorry for the late reply, been out of town. I see the issue has been addressed, but I didn't want you to think I was a jerk for not replying! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

OK, Now I'm hacked off.

I've been using this for 30 days and my trial period has ended (couldn't you have given us a 30 YEAR trial period?)

Seriously, the only thing stopping me registering it is the fact that Micro$oft are stopping Outlook accessing Hotmail early in the new year for people that don't subscribe. They are doing this by restricting WebDAV access to paying customers. Does this program use WebDAV? If so it too will be restricted and I'm not sure wether I will continue using my hotmail account when this happens. If it doesn't use WebDAV it should continue to work so will be even more useful and I will purchase it immediatly.

So which is it dragomia?

Thanks

OK, Now I'm hacked off.

I've been using this for 30 days and my trial period has ended (couldn't you have given us a 30 YEAR trial period?)  

Seriously, the only thing stopping me registering it is the fact that Micro$oft are stopping Outlook accessing Hotmail early in the new year for people that don't subscribe. They are doing this by restricting WebDAV access to paying customers. Does this program use WebDAV? If so it too will be restricted and I'm not sure wether I will continue using my hotmail account when this happens. If it doesn't use WebDAV it should continue to work so will be even more useful and I will purchase it immediatly.

So which is it dragomia?

Thanks

I think it IS using WebDAV, because my Outlook access was disabled for a while (now back for some unknown reason) and it stopped working. When the access came back, it started working again.

Guest dragomia

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town for a while. Yes, it is using webdav, however, I'm currently working on a version that will use web scrapping for hotmail, msn and yahoo, that one will not require the hotmail plus subscription.

Adrian

Guest Confucious

Disco stu - it's very rare I have to disagree with you but what do you mean by telling Adrian not to work to hard over the holiday :shock: ?

Ignore him Adrian and don't take a break until you've got it working, then, and only tyhen, can you take a break :)

Looking forward to it as I miss it since my trial period ran out but i have o intention of upgrading my Hotmail account - i actually did upgrade the account a couple of years ago and then all of a sudden i couldn't use it because my year had run out and they downgraded my account without telling me, no reminders or anything.

Merry Christmas everyone (or substitute Best Wishes in whatever terms you find politically correct) :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kivster_uk

There is an eaisier way to add your hotmail account to your smartphone, without using software.

When i first got my SPV one of my mates took my phone for 5 minutes and added my account so that it appeared in the messages menu. you just clicked on it to read your email like you would with sms messages; withour subscription fees or s/w. I have recently formatted my c500 so the settings have gone but i shall ask and post them asap.

• 1 month later...
Guest ingrambw

Is the HTTPMail Provider Program compatable with the Samsung I600 phone from verizon? I know there was some issues with applications being installed on this phone.

Thanks,

Brian