GPRS,WAP,MMS internet settings for Cyprus (cyta)

Guest buggerlugs

Guest buggerlugs

Has anyone out there got the settings for all the above, on Cytanet, I've had the SPV for a few days now and I unlocked it, but I can't get the thing to access any of the above. :) The darn thing is driving me insane. Love the fone but can't drive it!!!

Guest martin
Has anyone out there got the settings for all the above, on Cytanet, I've had the SPV for a few days now and I unlocked it, but I can't get the thing to access any of the above.  The darn thing is driving me insane. Love the fone but can't drive it!!!

Buggerlugs

I had a look at the Cyta website and they don't make it easy, that for sure :? I would forget the WAP connection and just try and get it working on the Internet connection. Give this a go and let us know if it works.

Programs - Settings - Data Connections

Menu - Edit Connections

Create proxy connection

Description: Cytanet proxy

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP network

Proxy (name:port): (see below)

Type: WAP

Username: blank

Password: blank

Create GPRS connection.

Description: Cytanet GPRS

Connects to: The Internet

Access point: (see below)

User name: (see below)

Password: (see below)

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

IP address: (blank)

In data connections

Make 'Internet Connection: Cytanet GPRS'

In Internet Explorer

Untick 'Automatically detect settings'

Make 'Select Network: The Internet'

Access point , Proxy IP address

cytanet.net, 195.014.130.186

spidernet.net, 194.154.128.55

Thunderworx.net, 217.27.32.206

avacom.net, 213.169.128.70

Cytanetforall.net

Username= the username which the Service Provider gave to you.

Password= a personal code which the Service Provider gave to you.

Try and connect to WAP site http://www.google.com/wml

I used this page for Cytanet information.

http://www.cytagsm.cyta.com.cy/gprs-uk/GPR...sson%20(uk).doc

• 3 weeks later...
Guest buggerlugs

Thanx martin, The setting you sent didn't do it, :? Even the muppets at Cyta don't seem to know how to set the phone up. Infact they hadn't heard of the SPV, I know it's new but you would have thought they would at least do some homework, as it's there business to know these kind of things. Right I'm off my soap box now, Any more idea's? My next stop is to get in touch with microsoft !!!!

Guest martin

buggerlugs

I believe that your service provider should have allocated you some CYTANET access codes (APN, username and password).

Did they confirm this ?

If not, there is Cytanet for non subscribers

Try IP 195.14.130.186 in the proxy settings

Try APN cytanetforall.net , username cytanetforall and password [blank] in the GPRS connection.

These settings are given for WAP over GPRS (WML pages) and you need to find out which data connection works.

Goto data connections and make 'Internet conenction:Cytanet GPRS ' and make 'WAP connection:Cytanet GPRS'

In Internet explorer tick 'auto detect settings'

Try and access both sites

http://wap.cytanet.com.cy

wsp://wap.cytanet.com.cy

If you have any problems with incompatible device then try and bypass the front page.

http://wap.cytanet.com.cy/#cwapmain

wsp://wap.cytanet.com.cy/#cwapmain

Let us know if you manage to get this WAP viewing to work on the SPV and whether it was HTTP or WSP.

I'm not sure yet about WEB browsing (HTML pages) on Cyta as I don't see any mention of a seperate APN (Access Point Name). Maybe you service provider can confirm this as it will be the same APN which is allocated to PC or PDA's for web browsing. It could be same APN as for the WAP over GPRS if its using the Internet connection (HTTP).