Sync with your MAC!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Mark/Space, Inc. announces the first third party iSync conduit offering support for iCal™ and Address Book synchronization in the upcoming release of Missing Sync for Pocket PC. Missing Sync for Pocket PC enables Mac users to connect and synchronize information between a Pocket PC handheld and a Mac running Mac OS X and iSync version 1.1.

Missing Sync also supports SPV / E100 (Canary / Tanager) devices!

View full details here!

P

Guest nickcornaglia

This will definitely get a few of my MAC-using friends to possibly purchase a smartphone now! They're all going to MACWorld Expo tomorrow in NY. I have to stay and work :cry: even though I'm a PC user :) I was going to pretend I like MACs for a day! ;)

Bought this, detects the phone and shows a picture of an XDA! joy, appears to sync, but nothing sync's..

Anyone else used it sucessfully

(amazing error message - 'Smartphone refused to add contact'. :shock:

Will

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Terwin

Purchased the app today. Installed both 1.0 and 1.0.1beta of the application and it doesn't know what a Mio 8380 is. I wasn't too surprised there because I knew this is a new phone. I sent them bug information and the usb id specifics for the phone. Now just to see how long it will take them to read and address the issue.

Guest Terwin
Purchased the app today. Installed both 1.0 and 1.0.1beta of the application and it doesn't know what a Mio 8380 is. I wasn't too surprised there because I knew this is a new phone. I sent them bug information and the usb id specifics for the phone. Now just to see how long it will take them to read and address the issue.

I'm not that impressed at all with Missing Sync for PocketPC. They state things in their website for features that simply aren't there yet. They told me Smartphones are not supported and they might fix the differences sometime down the road. I _do not_ recommend this sync app for smartphones. It does not work with my macs. The beta actually chewed up my powerbook g4 hard drive and I had to reformat the drive and reinstall 10.2.6. :|

I'm still waiting to hear back from Pocket Mac about adding compatability but they seemed much more receptive to working with me on adding it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vampyre69

Ohh hello there kiddies I've been away for a while got a 6 month old daughter now!!!

Rumour has it Active Sync is going to be ported or at least an opensource version will be to OS X!!!

It will mount the SPV as a Disk on the desktop allowing full r/w capabilities its is hoped that i cal support will also be added but hey thats hoping.

Ohh hello there kiddies I've been away for a while got a 6 month old daughter now!!!

Rumour has it Active Sync is going to be ported or at least an opensource version will be to OS X!!!

It will mount the SPV as a Disk on the desktop allowing full r/w capabilities its is hoped that i cal support will also be added but hey thats hoping.

Soudns nice. Will it work properly with Panther? MS opensource? Donno about that. They'd rather hack off their own head than open source anything...

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest lewdvig
Any news if there's a way to synch SPVs with a Mac?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

www.pocketmac.net

PocketMac Smartphone Edition $28

Pretty good product.

Edited by lewdvig

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.