Headset Cost?

Guest gladel

Guest Rolandml
Yes it is working well. I use it for calls and for listening to my media files.  

Pare wag mo lang iSPAMon nang husto. Put the earphones on your ears first before you plug in so you can hear and make the right connection.

Ses salamat check ko nalang bukas :)

Guest dinoalbert

anyone also tried connecting his Smartphone to a Stereo Component or PC Speaker (thru the phone's headphone jack) using the 2.5mm-3.5mm converter and played MP3 at high volume? Hehehe cool! I could throw a party with MP3s playing all night using this phone! :)

Guest monwee

i tried connecting mine to a home theater system and watched wmv movies in surround sound. hehehe just had to do some customization in the cables...

Guest tyrone_q
if u want, you can buy a 3.5mm to 2.5mm stereo plug converter. i bought one at radioshack in park square 1 makati and it worked perfectly well with my sennheiser headphones. others would prefer insulating the mic portion of the plug but i don't think it's necessary. in fact, leaving the mic portion in tact would be great as it would give your ordinary earphones recording capability. this means you can talk over the phone or do recordings without using a headset w/ mic. the vibrations produced in your head while talking are translated into sound by the phones plugged in your ears. one catch though... people might think you're talking to yourself if they don't see a mic in your headset =) my officemates thought i've gone mad when i did that! one last thing... using the converter, i connected my phone to a home theater system and was able to watch windows media movies in surround sound!

Hi monwee!

After reading your post, I went to Radio Shack... The guy there didn't have an idea what I was talking about. Is there a different way of calling that converter? Thanks for your time!

Guest tyrone_q
try to show the guy your phone and show the headphone jack.....tell him you want to use the standard sized headphone.  :o

ey dinoalbert! tried that but he still didn't know what I was talking about. Will try to look for one in SM tom.. Thanks! :)

Guest tyrone_q
the 2.5mm-3.5mm headphone jack converter at SM makati hardware costs 49.75 only, very good buy.

Hey tutut17! Thanks for the advise! I bought a 2.5mm stereo plug to baby stereo jack converter this morning. Worked like a charm! Cheap too!! :)

Guest Geren

After several weeks, Headset now available from Smart @ 450. Bought one today. Nice quality, nice sound output comparable to orig. P800 headset which cost around P 4,000.00 (also works on smartphone)

One more nice feature, it has a volume control.

Only problem is, you need to turn off calls from the phone. Incoming calls though, have no problem accessing through the mic button.

Guest tyrone_q

was able to buy a headset a month and a half ago.. it's nice but high end headphones are still better to use for its sound quality... and.. you could use it in your car through a car connecting pack too!! wahooooooooooooo!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spv_dman
mga dudes, i am using the headset designed for NOKIA 3510 or 3530 series. it is working pretty well.

much more, you can buy a fabricated one for less at WELLCOM in some SM Malls. I think it is less than Php 200.00

Never been to wellcom before, have any idea if they can fabricate a 2.5mm-3.5mm headphone jack converter? I bought one at sm hardware, problem is that I have to make some alteration pa to make it work. Nawawala kasi yung sound either sa left or right coz there's a third "slice" on the plug meant for the mouthpiece of the standard handsfree of the SAP. I tried to put transparent tape but it gets knocked off when I insert it into the outlet.

Now, Cutex (nail color) na lang nilagay ko hehehe. It worked for the meantime pero I think kapag natanggal na ito wala na naman :cry:

I plugged it into a karaoke using an headphone to RCA plug, and I'm playing my mp3s, sounds great. 8)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mariolouis

@dino

i used to have a bokia5510. it comes with the package. but i lost the stereo adapter. wala sila nun sa semicon or nokia care. di raw sila nagbebenta ng accessories for bokia5510. so i went looking for it. bought it at virramall GH near smart center. :wink:

Guest spv_dman
@dino

i used to have a bokia5510. it comes with the package. but i lost the stereo adapter.  wala sila nun sa semicon or nokia care. di raw sila nagbebenta ng accessories for bokia5510. so i went looking for it. bought it at virramall GH near smart center. :wink:

Iba ba yan sa 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter which is available at shoemart? The jack of the converter is tailored only for 2 "slices" compared with the 3 "slices" of sap headset outlet, the 3rd one is for the mic.