The BIG Planus Announcement

Guest asif @ planus

Guest Craig Luke

Hi Asif,

May I suggest that before you start moving along with new business ventures, you clear up what remains of old ones.

Please contact me as soon as possible, as we have a few issues to discuss before legal action is taken.

Best regards,

Craig.

Guest asif @ planus

Amo, those look fine. If you're sure that DIXONS is the store from which you would like to purchase the XBOX from - Personally I would have suggested John Lewis - they will match other stores' prices, and give a 2 Year guarantee if you buy it in a store (I believe - I know thats with Computers, not sure about consoles).

Delay: Apologies for the delay, I got called away on Friday night, and I just returned about an hour ago. It seems that the Rackspace customer control centre is broken at the moment, so I need to get access to that first. I would hope it is fixed within the hour.

Craig & Ben: Mail en route.

Regards

Asif

Never heard of john lewis - prefer to go for the more established firms IO can actually walk into just in case (no john lewis shops in my town, or is it an ecompany only? :? ). Checked and john lewis dont offer 2 year on xbox anyway.

Payment methods asif?

Cheque, back transfer, Paypal??

Guest awarner [MVP]
Never heard of john lewis - prefer to go for the more established firms IO can actually walk into just in case (no john lewis shops in my town, or is it an ecompany only?  :? ). Checked and john lewis dont offer 2 year on xbox anyway.

Payment methods asif?

Cheque, back transfer, Paypal??

amo, John Lewis is one of the oldest department stores in the UK :)

Their moto is "never knowingly under sold" which means they will match another stores price etc.

... Despite the fact that it had been part of the John Lewis Partnership since 1934,

it was not until 2000 that Tyrrell & Green changed its name to John Lewis

Guest asif @ planus

Really? You dont have a John Lewis anywhere near you?!?! Wow.

All of their online sales only get one year, however, if you go into one of their stores, all of their home appliances have two years. No worry, its up to you.

Which method would you prefer?

Regards

Asif

Sorry, i live in a small hill billy shanty town where we have to walk four miles to get to the local well fer drinkin water etc etc... :)

Anyway, paypal is best for me asif - make payment to my paypal account: [email protected]

Guest mcwarre

After my experiences with Planus (low availability, no answers to e-mails/PMs) I do not hold out much hope for the short / medium / long term availabilty of this service. :cry: :cry:

A shame really as I was keen to use it and would willingly pay. However 5p & GPRS (albeit small) charge for a service which may be unreliable looks less and less attractive when compared to O's relatively dear 10p for a stable, reliable service.

Apologies Asif, I hope you prove me wrong. Time will tell. :wink:

Guest FrankyG

Just validated my account. Not used yet as credits still to be transferred.

Asif-any news on the new SPV app? (and can we still change the 'sender ID' :twisted:)

Guest asif @ planus

Hi,

heh, the service sort of "launched itself" as the DNS went through when it wasn't supposed to -but not to worry. I will be constantly updating the service today with needed things (such as character counters, help files, etc).

FrankyG, do you like the new features? i.e. Pre-Defined messages, address book, sent messages, etc?

Thanks

Asif

Guest FrankyG
FrankyG, do you like the new features? i.e. Pre-Defined messages, address book, sent messages, etc?Asif

Hi, well...I'll let you know when I actually get to using it! However, I can tell you now what would be useful;

1. Ability to import Outlook contacts (or .csv) contacts into the web based address book. Who can remember mobile phone numbers :!:

2. Multiple recipients. Does it support this at present?

3. You already mentioned about the possibility of multi part messages, but before that happens...a..yes...Character Counter would be great :!:

Pre-defined messages are a good idea, thumbs up for that.

Also stated that you now use a different gateway; important for me and I'm sure others to find out which countries and Networks are supported? Can you post a link or give us a list?

Thanks for feedback!

Guest ben_341

Please hurry up and transfer my credits and release the SPV app! REALLY need to be able to use this service again as 12p txts are killing me.

Please please hurry!

(message written light heartedly by a slightly frustrated and withdrawn sms addict)

Regards,

Ben

Guest summie

I hope I'm not being a spoil sport in saying why should I install a system on my sPV that makes me dial in to send an sms for 5p per message plus GPRS charges? :?

The only people that the 10p charges are kiliing are those who send over 50 texts per month - and if you do this - you should really buy text bundles from O for 6p per message (or something like that). At least then its quick and you don't need to dial in.

Also, why would you use this system on your PC when O and O2 are giveing away text messages online?

Sorry asif, but your system is not for me unless you make if 1p per text

Guest summie

Understand your point but would it not be easier to use the normal text messaging thing anyway - also do the text bundles cover international text messages. Furthermore, why not use the internet to send sms or even email :)

I just like things to be easy

D

Guest Firaas
Understand your point but would it not be easier to use the normal text messaging thing anyway
Could be, all depends on what the SPV app is like.

also do the text bundles cover international text messages.

Nope, otherwise there would be no point in having a 15p charge. Also this kind of thing can be used to make text messges from abroad, which cost 40pish...

Still, I don't have high hopes for Bread&Retina, or whatever it's called.