The BIG Planus Announcement

Guest asif @ planus

Guest strathclydezero

Most of the time I send a txt I'm sat at my PC anyway - or not far from one, so GPRS costs become less of an issue. And I like people to be able to reply easily, so the free services are not as attractive.

Guest mcwarre
also some people (like me) can't get O bundles (i'm on ED50).

Ajb,

Same here. I take it that you are not involved with this new venture :?: :?:

nup, competition was ran in february, and ended march. And i've still not got it... :/

and my hosting is STILL down...gonna persue it further though.

Guest ubergeek

:roll: What a surprise! Amo, think you've had a battle? Nothing compared with some people :x (Blood from stones comes to mind)

Guest FrankyG

:shock: :shock: :wink: :wink:

Well, to be fair to Asif; I've been in contact with him during the day doing some testing of the system, he's aware of some of the issues and has promised an update of the site late tonight...tomorrow morning I expect. I've used the web interface and it works, not all of it, granted, but I'm optimistic :)

I understand there are a few people with outstanding issues with Asif, I hope you get them cleared up sooner rather later...

Guest ajb3000
I understand there are a few people with outstanding issues with Asif, I hope you get them cleared up sooner rather later...

It already is later for some, much much later.

Guest fozzie

When will we see the mini mcc interface and the SPV app? I'm buggered if I'm going to use the full mcc interface from here!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest asif @ planus

Amo, Mail en route.

Fozzie: The XBOX has nothing to do with B&R, its from a previous comp.

Also, the ETA for the SPV app is monday.

--Asif

Guest fozzie
Fozzie: The XBOX has nothing to do with B&R, its from a previous comp.

Also, the ETA for the SPV app is monday.

--Asif

I know the XBOX is unrelated. What I was saying is that the likelyhood of me spending any money with this venture is diminishing - because:

1. No MiniMCC - as described on the website and no comment about when it will be available.

2. No SPV app (yet) - I'll believe it when I see it.

3. Lack of regular updates about the service.

4. General loss of faith that the service will offer what was promised.

There is also the cost factor. With a text bundle, each SMS is 6.6p. With B&R, it's 5p plus the GPRS charges (should be fractions of a penny). But, for the extra 1 1/2 pence I get:

a. Quicker message message sending - not reliant on GPRS service.

b. Delivery receipts back to the phone.

c. Full integration with Contacts.

Having thought about this, I would rather pay the extra 1.5p for each SMS and so shall be adding a text bundle back to my O plan now and use it for all UK terminated SMS.

Having said that, providing the SPV app is forthcoming in the very near future, I will keep my B&R account and use it for:

1. Sending international text messages - 5p is much cheaper than O's 15p.

2. Sending messages whilst roaming - With O's £10/Mb equates to ~1p/kb, so texts should cost ~6p instead of 20 to 40p in some cases.

Guest ajb3000

lol, just been looking round the Bread&Retina site, aswell as charging 5p per message he's also charging a 20p surcharge for every paypal payment :roll:

Slowest email delivery....EVER! After about 28 hours, still no email has been sent to me from Asif. If it takes over a day to send a mail which apparently already "en route" just think how long it will take to launch the so called SPV app if he is planning to launch it on Monday!

Advise asif, don't promise what you cant deliver. Thought you would have learned by now. And the hosting issue WILL be taken further as negotiations have not worked. (i.e. completley one sided, he hasnt replied to emails in months)

Guest ubergeek

Well, I sympathise Amo - my situation is in the hands of my family solictor who's due to be contacting Asif this week - let's see if he actually responds to that, seeing that he has a habit of making empty promises and ignoring emails.