unlocking e100

Guest tomdbomb61

Guest tomdbomb61

hi all

ive read the very complicated thread bout unlockin the e100. however i cant for the life of me even begin to understand what to do.

i have an orange spv e100 today, and really like to unlock it so i can use my O2 sim card with my free texts.

is there a simpler way of doing it? or anyone that lives in or around the leicester area be able to unlock it for me ? i wud pay.

thanks tom

Guest awarner [MVP]

Go to www.monolithix.org to downgrade the bootloader then you can SIM unlock as instructed in the Articles section.

Then when you have SIM unlocked you can upgrade again, problem is though the E-100 upgrade is not on

general release yet.

Guest tomdbomb61

thanks for the reply

what does downloading the bootloader actually mean to my spv e100? will it affect its general day to day performance?

and i have been on monolithix site but cant find how to change the bootloader???

thanks tom

Guest awarner [MVP]

As you are on an Orange UK phone all you have to do is download the update from mono's site and run it.

The problem is that you will now be running an older version of the OS, and as I posted above you would not be able to upgrade to the 1.5 UK version as it's not been released. As for "affect its general day to day performance?"

you may not notice too much difference.

Guest tomdbomb61

oh right so all i ahve to do is run the uk update for the spv on my spv e100, then run the unlocking proceedure as per spv?

thanks tom

Guest tomdbomb61

oh right so all i ahve to do is run the uk update for the spv on my spv e100, then run the unlocking proceedure as per spv?

thanks tom

The only thing stopping you removing the sim lock from the spv-e100 is the bootloader/diag version.

Downgrading this (as per LOTS) of posts, can be done 2 ways, with a copy of a lower bootloader/diag on an sd card, or via winhex, a card reader and the whx files for a lower bootloader.

Of course downgrading using the original spv update *uk* will accomplish the same thing, but at a cost, you then cannot re-upgrade your spv-e100 to version 1.5.xx.

Will

Guest tomdbomb61

right thanks for clearing that one up for me, i am going to go down the route of performing the uk update on my e100 , HOWEVER before i do this, what exactly will this mean to the peformance of my spv e100? and the running of it etc etc?

thanks tom

Guest tomdbomb61

brilliant thanks awarner. ive jus done it, just a bit warey of messing around with my brand spankin new e100 !!! but tis all ok ,

im assuming that any further orange updates to come out i can put onto my e100 to uprade the bootloader when the time comes?

thanks tom

Guest tomdbomb61

humm just ran the uk update, as per intructions, all went ok. took battery out of fone, waited 30 seconds,. now turned it back on, and it seems to be stuck on the orange screen with the sun set????

worried?!!!! SLIGHTLY lol

Guest awarner [MVP]

Ok this can happen, leave it a while first then if it's still stuck on the Sunset screen try re-running the update,

you may need to run it on another PC.

Guest tomdbomb61

right solved the problme of running the update agen i put the phone onto the canary screen then put it in the cradle.

so does this process of switching from 1.5 to 1.3 actually work?

because when it ran the update it sed update rom version from( didnt have one) to v 1.3?

thanks tom

Guest awarner [MVP]
so does this process of switching from 1.5 to 1.3 actually work?

because when it ran the update it sed update rom version from( didnt have one) to v 1.3?

thanks tom

Yes and the message is ok.

now when you ran the update from the Canary screen what happens?

it should check the phone then erase and install the update.

Like I said I have only just done this myself :)

Guest tomdbomb61

yep checks the phone, then erases and then puts on the update, all goes through fine, then im instructed to take the phone off the cradle take out the batt and leave for 30 seconds. then still the screen goes no furthur than the orange sunset???

ive tried doing the update 4 times still the same though.

but the 2nd 3rd and 4th time the update says its goin to update the rom from rom: (blank) to rom: 1.3

would this suggest that the 1.3 rom is not being transferred onto the fone?

thanks tom

Guest tomdbomb61

y would installing it on a different pc have nethin to do with it?

awarner have you done this proceedure on an orange spve100?

im beginin to worry slightly had it a day and it wont turn on lol

tom

Guest awarner [MVP]

Boot to canary MV screen and update from there,

That should work.

As for E-100 it's the same as the SPV Exactly the same appart from the screen and appearance.

it's ok, keep trying, sometimes it screws, leaving the usb connection dead. try another pc or even another usb port (never tried alternate port, but might be worth a try)

Will

Guest tomdbomb61

i have booted to the canary screen and tried the update 5 times from there, everytime the hpone will boot no further than the orange sunset?

i updated my original spv on this pc with the same update and it went fine.

so why is this one not workin for my e100???!?!

i now have a lovely fone to look at ! lol pritty useless for nehting else !

tom