Alien Invention homescreen

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

Alien Invention now features:

Main Homescreen Skinned featuring Profile, SMS and Email counters, Clock, Carrier, Date, Appointments, text only MRU and Missed Call screen.

Extra Screens Skinned: All error screens, Volume, Programs menu header and background pic, Contacts page, Dial and Incall headers and background pictures.

Audio includes, Ringtone with loop fixed, SMS, Email and Reminder notification sounds, Error Sound, Menu Popup and Menu Command sounds, Startup Sound

Flashing Led: Led flashes constantly while receiving a call, Led flashes for 60 seconds on SMS, Email and Reminder.

*UPDATED* Led flashes constantly after receiving an email, sms or reminder until a key is pressed, so now you can see you have received a message even if the backlight is off :lol:

Note: This is turning into a bit of an experimental skin to see what can and cant be skinned, so, dont judge this skin if it does slow your phone down a bit, I have gone a bit OTT with the customisation :)

AlienPreview.jpg

Updates to this in the future will mean an installer where you can choose what to install.

Now, even though the installer asks to install to phone or storage card, it will actually install the homescreen and media player to the phone (roughly 400k) and it will install the sounds to the Storage Card (roughly 1mb), cool thing is, if you dont like these default sounds you can replace them with your own :o

One word of warning, if you go into the sounds or profiles settings some of these sounds will reset, no harm done, just not on sd card no more :P

After Installation please reboot the phone, you'll know everything is ok cos you'll hear the startup sound :lol:

All sounds in this cab are completely copyright free. This file is to be distributed as a whole for that complete experience :(

AlienInvention.cab

Guest midnight

and as requested, a tiny little cab to restore the reg to the sd card for the sounds, if you happen to accidentally (or on purpose) go into the sounds or profiles settings on the phone, with this cab, you could leave it on the phone (make sure its read-only), and install this whenever you wish to restore your lovely sound settings to sd card.....

(this cab is of little use without the above homescreen)

AISounds.cab

Guest Brody

A word of advice, you can install the sounds cab on your phone or on your storage card as it performs actions and installs a text file into the AIWavs folder on your storage card wherever you choose to save the sounds cab file. Cheers for the advise on IRC Mid :)

Guest Paul [MVP]

The choices!

Reload, this or MoDaCo skin!

Theoretically, could I install all 3, and put the 'extras' cabs in the accessories menu read-only so I could install the correct extras?

P

Guest capt_janeway

Midnight

Wonderful work and a great all in one package but....

Sorry to say that I'm not a fan of this one (You can't please everyone I know) The 'meeting' box is too small for me and the screens not quite sexy enough.

Love the subject matter being a Trek fan and hope to see other versions maybe?

Still love reload and so that's back on my phone.

Guest Richie M
"]Theoretically, could I install all 3, and put the 'extras' cabs in the accessories menu read-only so I could install the correct extras?

Yep, that will do the trick Paul :)

Guest midnight

everyone please note, this skin was developed for my own personal use, and is designed to take afvantage of the tanager screen, not the spv's screen. It was not designed to be used by other people, and so, while i accept critisism of this skin, i really dont care hehe

Going to several interviews soon regarding games development, and this skin is technically and graphically better than any other skin i've made, the skin is all about the graphics, not the text (thats the reason text is so small, i never use all day event, and rarely use appointments) and hence the reason for making it :)

but, couldnt keep it to myself, thats not my style. maybe some time in the future i'll make a 'public' version of this skin, means lots of compromises, but at least it will keep you lot happy.

Guest capt_janeway

Midnight

I hope I didn't offend you - I love your work both with homescreens and tweaks - and didn't realise it was such a personal work of love :oops:

I was just being my usual lazy self and hoping someone would be more creative than me and drop a perfect product in my lap.

I'm sure the Tanager does it justice and I'll just slope off and hide........ :roll:

Guest midnight

oh no, not offended at all, just explaining why it may not be to everyones taste, and give a bit of background why it was created :)

Midnight,

This skin keeps getting better and better. :) :o

No sooner do I download than you add something extra. :shock:

Great work m8,

Thanks,

davy.

Guest midnight

you're gonna hate me then, cos i've just modded the dial and incall screens to have background images aswell :)

but thats it for tonight hehe

Guest midnight

nah, not gonna add a links screen, like i said, this one is my own personal use homescreen really, just thought it would be rude not to share it, so the only mods i'll be doing are for my own use, i will not be taking requests for anything on this homescreen this time :)