SPV Exchange 2003 Sync Issue

Guest frammo

Guest lowbug2

Help Paul....

Setup the https server side of things and tested that. :)

Installed the CAB file.

Verifyed i can access the net via the GPRS connection.

Input the correct username, password, domain, server location...

When the SPV tries to connect using it's Activesync is says...

"not connected" then errors with unable to connect. Verify you have network coverage, and try again. If the problem persists contact the network administrator. Error code CONNMGR_37

My guess is it's not dialing using the GPRS connection?

I try to force it by using the internet which works and then flipping back to Activesync to sync up... Same error....

:( :D

Guest Paul [MVP]

Do you have forms based authentication enabled on your server?

I assume you have put in your server without http:// or whatever? It should just be the FQDN (e.g. modaco.net)

P

Still got some issues... :)

i keep getting http 500 errors?

I'm still unsure wether to have companyname.isp.co.uk in the SERVER entry in the SPV or companyname.isp.co.uk/exchange which is the path to take me to the blue login screen to OWA.

:(

Guest Paul [MVP]
I'm still unsure wether to have companyname.isp.co.uk in the SERVER entry in the SPV or companyname.isp.co.uk/exchange which is the path to take me to the blue login screen to OWA.

You need to enter companyname.isp.co.uk

Also, you have the blue logon screen in OWA? That means you have forms based authentication enabled, and that disagrees with Server Activesync!

If you turn off Forms Based Authentication, you should be rocking and rolling.

Try that first, and if that works, i'll tell you how to set up the workaround for Forms Based Authentication and Server Activesync (it's fairly involved!)

P

"]

You need to enter companyname.isp.co.uk

Also, you have the blue logon screen in OWA? That means you have forms based authentication enabled, and that disagrees with Server Activesync!

If you turn off Forms Based Authentication, you should be rocking and rolling.

Try that first, and if that works, i'll tell you how to set up the workaround for Forms Based Authentication and Server Activesync (it's fairly involved!)

P

o.k. cheers Paul :)

Guest h00pyfr00d

Sorry to be a pain Paul, I bet you're getting well fed up with this topic.

I've installed an Exchange 2003 server a few weeks back and for the life of me I cannot get either OMA or Mobile ActiveSync to work.

I'm trying to get it to work on my iPAQ first and once that's done I'll move on to my E100.

Basically with OMA I get this crazy error that looks like this: <%@ Page trace=false language="c#" ValidateRequest=false Codebehind="oma.aspx.cs" Inherits="Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Page" AutoEventWireup="false" %>

(After authenticating that is).

I'm getting all sorts of stupid errors with MobileActiveSync too.

I've tried with both SSL on and Off and obviously I've disabled cert checking.

Any ideas mate??

Guest h00pyfr00d

Cheers Paul.

I've sent you the full errror message over PM.

At the moment with Mobile-Active sync I get Internet_31 error when SSL is enabled and Internet_29 error when it is not.

• 3 months later...
Guest GarethWW

Hi,

I have just come across your posts here, and seems to be the same sort of problems as I am getting (apart from the fact that I am using an MPX200)

I have tried to set up the Activesync but get the following:

Firstly it shows a progress bar and seems ok, but then I get

Error. Unable to connect. Verify your dial up or proxy settings are correct, and try again.

When I click OK, and then click on the error, I get:

Synchronisation failed.

Error Code: http_440

I can't seem to figure out where to set it to use a specific dial up, as the phone doesn't seem to be making a call at all when trying to syncronise!!!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Gareth.

Guest austinpowers

I have been getting a 403 error on the phone when I try to sync with my Exchange 2003 server. I followed the KB article that Paul inserted a link to, but it seems to indicate that you can't sink with an SSL enabled server unless it is a Front End server...is this true? Does anyone have experience of syncing with an SSL back-end server?

Thanks

Austin.

ps. I have disabled Cert check.

• 1 month later...
Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi I am still getting stuck.

With my phone in the cradle I get:-

Synchronisation failed. Information cannot be synchronised because a connection to the network was not detected. Check your device connection settings and try again.

Error code: INTERNET_29

I can surf whilst connected and if I go to my OMA site that comes up, but I cant sync can anyone help please

• 3 months later...
Guest rodpike

Hi Peter

I have followed every link and post about Activesync. Wasted 2 days messing around trying to sync SBS2003 and upgraded e200 with outlook. Can you suggest anyone who can give paid telephone support with this issue. Orange were rubbish.

Thanks