Hello newb here, want one bit of advice on my new phone

Guest e100spv

The copyright rules seem to be, that if you own the game already then you can download the ROM and keep it. If you don't own the game then you must delete it within 24 hours of downloading it.

I'm sure if Paul put a post up stating the rules, that it is up to you to delete them, he accepts no resonsibility etc ect.... as he has advised you of the copyright law???????????

Then maybe we could post links

Guest awarner [MVP]
The copyright rules seem to be, that if you own the game already then you can download the ROM and keep it.  If you don't own the game then you must delete it within 24 hours of downloading it.
Misconception I'm afraid and depending on location even making a copy of a ROM you own can be ilegal.

I'm sure if Paul put a post up stating the rules, that it is up to you to delete them, he accepts no resonsibility etc ect.... as he has advised you of the copyright law???????????

He has

Please read the site rules they have been there for a while are posted in each topic section.

Site Rules

Guest simonbratt99

we all know about 'copyright' all i want is a link man.

if i walked down the street and told someone "theres some pirate movies orver there" could i be done for telling him that? no, even if i led him by the hand to the "illegal movie shop" could i be arrested? nope

Im not getting at anyone or being funny just making sence of this crazy world :-)

To post or not to post, that is the question. im sure i can find them anyway, just like a debate :-)

Have a good day

Guest pcheaven

Sorry friend, not much good news here.

I have a SPV E-100and a Mitac 8380.

So ...

My verdict is :

Get a Mitac 8380 it is MUCH faster, and battery life is a little better.

Speakerphone works better.

The APPS suplied with the mitac are full versions, unlike the trials supplied with the E-100

The Mitac comes with Phone Backup--- very usefull

The Mitac comes with Jmms, much much much better than the SMARTMMS

as supplied with the E-100. Though even this is far from perfect.

Radio signal reception is much better on the Mitac, and the Mitac finds a lost signal a great deal quicker than the E-100

MMS messages do send quicker with the Mitac |(must be down to signal quality)

The Mitac comes supplied with 2 batteries - VERY IMPORTANT

The leather belt clip supplied with the Mitac is rubbish it broke easily.

The E-100 belt clip is totally unbreakable

Now you can see why after only having my E-100 for 10 days I purchased a Mitac at considerable expence.

I did luv my E-100 but it was lacking in several areas - mainly speed & signal quality.

Need I say more.

Anyway.

1 application unlock ur phone and you will have loads of fun.

Just dont expect to play any movies the e-100 it too slow for it

2. Buy a spare battery

3. Install a task manager & shortcut / speeddial it

4. Register the file manager supplied. It is a very good one

5. Buy the largest memory card you can afford

6. Install ALL APPS & GAMES on your memory card

7. Get a date plugin for your home screen - very usefull

8. Get some wicked ring tones!!!!!!!!.

9. Store your best & most often used ringtones in

IPSM/applicationdata/sounds. (FLASH MEMORY)

10. Dont wast time trying to get your SPV to access ringtones on yuor memory card. It works unreliably

11. Dont expect the alarm clock to wake you up. it is crap on all smartphones

Guest Richie M
we all know about 'copyright' all i want is a link man.

if i walked down the street and told someone "theres some pirate movies orver there" could i be done for telling him that? no, even if i led him by the hand to the "illegal movie shop" could i be arrested? nope

Im not getting at anyone or being funny just making sence of this crazy world :-) 

To post or not to post, that is the question. im sure i can find them anyway, just like a debate :-)

Have a good day

The legality of your "pirate movies" scenario is irrelevant m8 :lol: what we are talking about here are forum rules - not legality - as we all know Warez are illegal ;)

And the rules are plain and simple, no links to warez what so ever, and yes emu ROM's come under this catergory as there is no means to check as to who owns the original game and who does not. So Modaco operates a zero tollerance policy. which as a developer (and knowing a few) i totally agree :D

Any post found with a link to ROM's or warez that are deemed illegal, or any post saying how/where to get warez or ROM's will be removed and the poster warned or banned.

simple as :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner [MVP]

What type of unlock are you refering to?

If it's application unlocking click on OTA for more information

For SIM unlocking you need to change the bootloader to V0.98 or below.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bikespod

he you get it to unlock first time you are the luckiest person ever. and if you do tell me how the hell you did it. god knows following the instructions on the orange website doesn't work. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest simonbratt99

about the legality of posting links, i appologise. i appreciate its a forum rule, i uphold it and respect it. i was just talking in real leagal terms.

si

• 1 month later...
Guest chavyboy

Hi there. I'm afraid I'm a newbie as well. I haven't actually gotten my phone yet (E200), but I will do, hopefully before Xmas.

I have a few questions that I'd like to ask people here, I've been searching for the answers on this forum, but haven't found what I'm looking for yet (sorry!)

1. What kind of file size are we talking about for, say, South park episodes compressed according to the FAQ?

2. Is it free/easy to unlock the E200?

3. How available are they? I've seen a great deal on The Mobile Republic website (http://www.themobilerepublic.com/viewphone.asp?app=1&pcode=oraspve200&did=1841) where it's only £40 on a £30 per month contract. I told the guy in the Orange shop this, and he said they're unlikely to actually have any in stock, is this true?

Sorry for the newbie questions!

Andy

Hi there. I'm afraid I'm a newbie as well. I haven't actually gotten my phone yet (E200), but I will do, hopefully before Xmas.

I have a few questions that I'd like to ask people here, I've been searching for the answers on this forum, but haven't found what I'm looking for yet (sorry!)

1. What kind of file size are we talking about for, say, South park episodes compressed according to the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=37>FAQ?

2. Is it free/easy to unlock the E200? 

3. How available are they? I've seen a great deal on The Mobile Republic website (http://www.themobilerepublic.com/viewphone.asp?app=1&pcode=oraspve200&did=1841) where it's only £40 on a £30 per month contract. I told the guy in the Orange shop this, and he said they're unlikely to actually have any in stock, is this true?

Sorry for the newbie questions!

Andy

Welcome to the site :lol:

1. I can achieve about 1 meg per minute of video on my phone.

2. It depends on which type of unlocking you mean, you can application unlock via the Orange OTA website and that will allow you to use non-digitally signed software on your phone and is free. To SIM unlock you will have to either pay Orange for the priveledge or wait until a solution surfaces on MoDaCo!

3. I know many people who have successfully ordered from online stores so give it a go, you could always ring the online store and check for availablity.

Guest simonhughes

:oops:

Got a e200-very impressed-de certified ota from orange.

Well it said unlocked!- want some advice myself.

Tried to run .wav files in my sounds folder(plays ok on pc), but all i get is a ding!!

Also where is the IPSM folder cant find it anywhere?

Storing my wav files in application data/sounds folder(i created)

What do i need to do?

Also cannot find pocket dvd

Please help,

Many thanks,

Simon

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :lol:

1, The wav files are the wrong cmpression, they need to be in midi0 format.

2, IPSM is now called Storage in 2003 the rest of the file path is the same.

3, Pocket dvd? not having an E200 i can not help you there, but I have not heard of that app before :?

• 3 months later...
Guest sprazz

hi! i placed smart explorer on my e100. problem is, the jpgs are no longer sassociated with the ie. can't view them. it says missing file. can anybody help me with this?

Guest Disco Stu
1, The wav files are the wrong cmpression, they need to be in midi0 format.

What he meant was wav files need to be formatted as PCM 22,050 Hz, 8 Bit, Mono - which Windows Sound Recorder can save as (in uh plain English..)

The SPV & E100 (?) could only play MID0 files but the E200 seems to able to cope with any MIDI format - drums and bass and everything !

awarner, you're working too hard :wink: :) :lol: