LED Flasher

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

As mentioned in other threads, and as used in my very own Alien Invention homescreen, it is possible to flash the led on alerts etc.

So, here is a seperate cab file for those who do not wish to install the Alien Invention homescreen.

What this does:

It changes certain reg values to allow for a constant flashing LED that flashes every one second warn users of Incoming call, Email, Sms, Vmail, Reminder and Alarm Clock. To cancel the one second flash simply press any key and it will revert back to the usual flash every 3 seconds. This is particularly hand if you have the backlight off as you will instantly know that you have missed an sms/email/reminder etc before you even turn the display on.

Note: currently if you change sound settings (and possibly profiles) it will revert back to normal, i'm working on the fix for this today. But for now youcould change the CAB to read only (right mouse on file, properties>read only) and when it installs on the phone the cab will remain, allowing you to install again if you edit your sounds etc.

LED.cab

Guest midnight

no way to change led colours as far as i know, as for on missed calls its a bit dodgy, sometimes itr works, sometimes it doesnt, i'll keep working on that

Guest Matt Whitfield

Seems to mess up my ring tone and SMS alert tone - the phone went mental when it rang so I've now removed it before seeing it work. I think it messes with the vibrate when the alarm goes off too... I'm not using a WAV as my ring tone, just one of the standard ones so perhaps that's the issue?

Guest Matt Whitfield

Oh yeah, and it created a blank "Programs" folder under Windows > Start Menu... I've just been cleaning up my SPV and spotted it again.

Guest midnight

like i said, this is ripped out of the Alien Invention skin, which uses a wav ringer, and basically sets the ringers etc to how 'I' want it (remember, Alien Invention was made for my own benefit :))

anyways, i'll fix this later today, i know whats causing most of it, just not the rogue programs folder in programs menu, which is really strange (not that it does any damage, and takes up zero space)

Guest MoRFLeZ

Okay started up Orneta Tester ... and now I get what you meant with turning it off (had it been truely stuck).

It's not that it vibrates all the time though, it's that it vibrates everytime I get an SMS/MMS or a Call - even though it's not set to vibrate in the profile.

Guest MoRFLeZ

rofl ... I luff your LED Flasher ... it's just .. now I have to turn my phone off in places where I don't want it to sound .. usually I just put it in soundless profile ... but it still vibrates .. which can .. well .. anyways .. looking forward to the next update =)

works fine for me--i have got the alien I homescreen on tho (but an early version which didnt have the flasher) also i had problems with the tones and stuff but i think it was a conflict between Changer sonneries (SD card ringtone program) and midnghts homescreen---ive made both of them use the same folder for ringtones etc (AIwavs) now and it works fine--even when i run the little CAB to put the alien noises back on Changer sonneries reflects this. Had to set the menu tones manually tho.

it would help alot if everyone decided on a standard folder to use for ringtones etc

Guest fraser

Midnight, this is great. Combined with the tool that checks your mail automatically every two minutes when you have a (free) ActiveSync connection, you get a natty message indicator for your desk. Cool!! Saves firing up the monitor to check your mail!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TheFunkyOne

Great little tweak there Midnight! Just one little question though. Is there any reg value I could use to speed up the flashing of the led? Or is 1 sec intervals all it does?

Cheers

Hey midnight! Love the flasher BUT it tends to stop working on my E100! Works for a day or two and then the LED starts flashing like every -or every other- second AND NOT when an incoming call or a message is received?!?!??!?!?! /Me is confused.

Guest fraser

I've found also that it doesn't work if you have the automatic keyboard lock turned on. The unlocking isn't registered as a key press, and it'll keep on blinking rapidly for ever.

Guest DarkDragon

I have the same problem, auto key lock and it flashes forever :cry: . Power off and back fixes it. But only seems to happen with auto lock. I give is a 9/10 until the auto lock bit is fixed :)

--

Dark Dragon