LED Flasher

Guest midnight

I've found also that it doesn't work if you have the automatic keyboard lock turned on. The unlocking isn't registered as a key press, and it'll keep on blinking rapidly for ever.

I second that! Can't wait for the FIX!!

Guest Stuart P

Just been playing about with PHM registry editor, trying to get this flasher mod to behave the way I want. These are the registry keys I've been changing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsClock

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsE-mail

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsReminder

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsSMS

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsVoiceMail

Change to 'values', and look at the 'Script' value data. Example:

apv0f1w999999f0

which I think breaks down into:

ap = alarm play?

v0 = seems to enable the vibrate. remove v0, and the vibrate stops.

f1 = fast flashing once per second

w999999 = wait for 999999 (seconds?), then

f0 = revert to normal 3 second flash.

I changed all mine to apf1w600f0, which seems to give me 10 minutes of fast flashing led, no vibrate, then revert to 3 second flashing.

Hope this helps,

;)

Given Stuart's info, I reckon the key-lock flash thing could be solved easilly. Just change one of the generic phone sounds, e.g "action" to include a command to reset the flasher. Brute force fix, but it'll work. Don't have time to try it myself right now though.

Just played around with the vibrating. If it's v0 it will vibrate the whole time the LED flashes.

Tried some other settings and if you set it to v1 or v2 or ... it will vibrate for one second or two seconds ...

• 2 months later...
Guest squippo

Is it me or does the link not download any cab files?

It opens winzip and tells me the files are not zipfiles

it gives me the option of:

_setup.xml

LED_fL~1.999

ocefile1.002

Where would i move these files to?

Guest moo_ski_doo

Don't open the link; save it to your computer and treat it like any other cab file - copy it to somewhere you can get to it on your phone, eg. the Start menu, and run it using your phone.

Guest squippo
Don't open the link; save it to your computer and treat it like any other cab file - copy it to somewhere you can get to it on your phone, eg. the Start menu, and run it using your phone.

ah of course. Just having one of those slow days :S Thanks

Midnight did you ever get round to the fix for this?

It reverts back to old settings as soon as switch profiles (which i have to do quite a lot). Thanks matey

Is it also possible to make the led flasher mak other colors.

Like Oraneg an Red.

These options are available when the telephone is recharging or has an error. It would be cool te make is flash faster and in different colors.

Could it be possible if it isn't yet??

Greezz GHozd

Guest StarfireCT

Just for giggles I gave this a try on the MPx200 (where there is no external LCD for some reason) because I wondered what it would do, but it didn't do anything...

But it didn't hard reset which is always a possibility when looking at the registry! :shock:

Guest midnight

i'll have a look at this over the coming days, and hopefully soon be getting an mpx200, so i'll have a look at what tweaks are available for that :lol:

Guest StarfireCT

That would rock, of course :lol:

The only tweaks I know of for the MPx200 have been with regards to getting the AWS images out and the original MS images back in - I wrote a cab for that a while back - and those aren't even tweaks, per se... there's just no LED so I figured it wouldn't work - the MPx already has Vibrate-for-everything options already, so it should be interesting to see what ya can find in there!

• 1 month later...
Guest jonblakeburn
mmm... new version for e200 that keeps the blue LED on ... mmm ...

I thought about that last night.

Anybody found a way to make it flash blue rather than green on the E200?

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest bluntsideQtek7070

How do i download this CAB file? where is it? every post on the forum says it has downloads but i never see anywhere where it says Click to download or somthing? how did you all get this CAB file?