SD Memory Card Drive

Guest utty

Is it just me, or has anyone else has problems with their memory card falling out of the SPV's memory card drive?

On more than one occasion after dropping my phone (from a short height by accident) my memory card has popped out.

I love the phone, but so far this issue has cost me a 256MB sd card, I’m not pleased about that at all as you can imagine, and as accessories are not converted by phone insurance this could turn into an expensive problem.

Guest Mr_Protozoa

My MMC is nice and secure.

Is your slot damaged at all? Are the cards clicking into place?

You could simply put a length of stickytape over the hole, that'll keep it in! :)

My MMC is nice and secure, and the card clicks into place, I wouldn't say that the slight drops caused severe jolts either, I only dropped the phone about 2 to 3 feet. I guess if this isn't a common issue I must just be unlucky :cry:

I guess I’ll just have to be more careful, and no I won't be using the sticky tape fix :)

I do have orange care, but when i phoned them i was told that accessories are not covered :cry: not that i consider my memory card an accessory but an essential part of the phone.

And even if it was i'm sure Orange would of come back and twll me that it would of only been covered if i had bought the card from them, and not from ebay were they are MUCH cheaper.

Guest Maveric

can anybody here tell me how to format the MMC card on my smartphone? I have 128 mmc but it was installed before in nokia 3650. It can read all the files made by nokia. Is it necessary to format it in my smartphone before I can use it? Pls helpcan anybody here tell me how to format the MMC card on my smartphone? I have 128 mmc but it was installed before in nokia 3650. It can read all the files made by nokia. Is it necessary to format it in my smartphone before I can use it? Pls help, send your reply at my email add [email protected]

Guest awarner [MVP]

You need the excellent app Task Manager to format the card on the phone,

your other option is to get a card reader and format it on the PC

• 4 weeks later...

There are still some SD cards that can't be formated with TaskManager for example KingMax Cards! I think there is a sort of bug in the application or the SD is too sensible!:-)