Alien Invention 2 - doing the impossible?

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

Here it is folks, a World Exclusive (again :)), skinning of the shutdown and startup screen(s), thats right, screens, theres more than one, 2 screens on bootup and 2 on shutdown, and of course skinned all the other screens that i figured out for Alien Invention.

Like Alien Invention, there is no selectable PC installer just yet (its coming), so this will install homescreen, extra screens, a few tweaks (led flash etc, removed all vibrate except ringer this time), and loads of sounds, with excellent music by Mick Rippon for the Ringtone.

This is kind of still in development, so there is a couple of tiny glitches to work out.

Note: The startup and shutdown screens only work on some versions of the OS unfortunately. You should still have one of the bootup screens though even if this is the case.

Edit: Reboot as soon as the theme has installed (it will then turn on the extra screens)

Enjoy!

(Click here to view download if you are reading this on the news portal!)

ai2prev.jpg

ai2.cab

Guest Crispy
Here it is folks, World Exclusive (again :)), skinning of the shutdown and startup screen(s), thats right, screen

OMFG HOW!! :shock:

Edit: hmmm ... I only see the bootup screen, carrier & shutdown are still default! ... But still! Finally! Custom bootscreens! Haleluja!

Edit 2: Damnit! So it was a registry string! argh!

Edit 3: Looks like all the time I used for those lame bootscreens wasen't wasted! Bonus! :o

Guest dinoalbert

nice one, Mid !

so you mean the Startup and Shutdown Logos are now changed with this? It will survive a reboot?

also, is there an option for me not to install the included extra screens (like the WMP) and the included Sounds and Ringtone?

Thanks...

Guest Crispy
dinoalbert : how would you EVER see a startup screen if it didnt survive a reboot ?

It now does survive, check these install strings. No more tampering in the windows folder, Viva la registry! :)

<characteristic type="HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftSplash Screen">

<parm name="CarrierBitmap" value="IPSMAI2startup2.gif" datatype="string" />

<parm name="CarrierShutdownBitmap" value="IPSMAI2shutdown2.gif" datatype="string" />

<parm name="CarrierShutdownTimeout" value="2000" datatype="integer" />

<parm name="MSBitmap" value="IPSMAI2startup1.gif" datatype="string" />

<parm name="MSShutdownBitmap" value="IPSMAI2shutdown1.gif" datatype="string" />

<parm name="MSShutdownTimeout" value="15000" datatype="integer" />

</characteristic>

Guest damianbyrne

Help me -

Error when trying to run the cab file from phone

"Installation Failed The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions please contact your service oprovider for more information"

Phone Unlocked and Decerted.

HAYLLPPP ME

TIA

Guest midnight

hmmm, ok, guess i need to find out who's phones have working shutdown screens and whose dont, and what versions you are using (i tested on uk 1.3.5 and seemed fine)

Guest chebaow

Posted from my SmartPhone! could someone send me the cab file cos i can t downl it from my phone and i m on hollydays far away from my pc it d be nice cos i really want to install that stuff. so if someone s ok here s my email [email protected] thanx

Guest Crispy
Posted from my SmartPhone!    could someone send me the cab file cos i can t downl it from my phone and i m on hollydays far away from my pc it d be nice cos i really want to install that stuff.        so if someone s ok here s my email [email protected]   thanx

Sure, I'll send it to ya :)

Guest midnight

as far as i know it works on the mitac, it worked on my 1.3.5, but it appears not to work on some other builds, oh well, not a lot i can do about it, it either works, or it doesnt, there is nothing to fix, so dont complain about it :)

Guest goinnuts

OMH :shock:

this is amazing its knocked reload of my phone. iknow this is asking to much, but any chance of a divx skin, it would then complete my phone.

thanx.

Guest Star_Dudy

As far as i tested it, it works on my E100, rom 1.5Fr.....

Good job, but too much tweaks and modifications :)

I'm going back but thanks for the screens tweak :o

Guest midnight

well, as with Alien Invention, this is really an experiment, all Alien Invention homescreens will be like this, not necessarily useable at first (they will be with the custom pc installers where you can choose what to install), and so whenever released in its first incarnation will be set to all my settings. I expect to do the custom versions of AI and AI2 next week, and so should be more useable for everyone.

I am working on another homescreen, not an AI one, but will use several of the new tweaks, and will be chooseable in a pc installer :)

Guest squall

skins great midnit :)

question though, can you have two skins on the phone at the same time, and just change them in settings as you please?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.