Some things I did and my findings:
1. Upgraded from SAP 184.108.40.206 to Qtek 220.127.116.11 - successful
However, It automatically erased my IPSM!
2. Downgraded back to SAP 18.104.22.168 (to test if it can be reverted to old version) - successful
3. Upgraded back to Qtek ROM.
4. It seems the ROM is not SIMLOCKED to any network provider. My Smart SIM still works without having to run an unlock application. I tried the Orange upgrade before and it prompted me for an unlock code. This one didn't. Haven't tried this with Globe though. For those of you who want to have your phone sim-unlocked and use it with globe, you might want to give this a shot.
5. Works with uncertified applications.
6. SMS counter finally working (you have to put a recipient in the "To:" field).
7. With ASCII like the smiley "u".
8. Two new application under Accesories "Authentication" - looks like for GPRS authentication and "CSDType" - for dial up configuration.
9. I don't know if I've just overlooked this before, but there's a "MMS Setup" also under Accessories which lets you configure sending of MMS over GPRS or LAN.
10. Looks like it eats up some more memory compared with SAP 22.214.171.124. Before I had 8.3 MB on boot, now only 7.5MB.
11. Expectedly, configurations specific to SMART are gone like Action Backup and Update, and GPRS settings.
Finally, you can download the ROM here:
Canary & Diag
1.07.4M (It has the save IPSM Function)
Smartphone Ver 3.0 (13121)
Radio Version 1.35.10
Operator & Manu 126.96.36.199
Lang 188.8.131.52 (with T9)
IA Album 1.6 build(12107)
SmartMMS EZOS 2.5build(030424)