dinoalbert

dinoalbert

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!
oh anynone can answer :)

wow! thats something really new! Im giving it a go probably this weekend. I just need to have my keypads replaced first from BP.

Thanks for your replies...

dope_me

dope_me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
i got the same problem w/ chuckster, i tried upgrading in the canary screen mode but it was unsuccessful.

anymore tips how to get this around?

dewslat

dewslat

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Ok.. i got the installation and it went out ok.. its really great a 1.5 ROM that is Network Unlock!!! I also found some improvement on my camera refresh rate.. It did erased my files but thats ok.. great stuff!!! :) :o

No problems here.. I even got my GLOBE GPRS connected!!!
:P :(

By the way, its kinda cool lossing that Simply Amazing in the startup screen!!! :evil:

TECHNOLOGY WILL SURELY EAT US!!

D2R_Russel

D2R_Russel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Can you upgrade to Qtek ROM from smart 1.5x?? or downgrade muna 2 1.3x before Qtek? Got my SPV in 1.5x agad! Kakainis!

spv_dman

spv_dman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

@spv_dman

can you confirm... they say that ringtones saved in Sd card can now be used (without using Changer Sonneries or other 3rd party apps) ?  :shock:

Dinoalbert, i try to answer you even you did'nt ask me hehehehe. I confirmed that it will run even if you dont have the changer soneries, All you have to do is to make a FOLDER in Storage Card and name it as "My Documents" then put all your tones in that folder.

It's only now that I've noticed that. Yeah It does work! Wavs/ Midis in Storage CardMy Documents can be selected as ringtones. Really worth the upgrade huh.

@dinoalbert,

Uy mag-uupgrade na yan :)

spv_dman

spv_dman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Can you upgrade to Qtek ROM from smart 1.5x?? or downgrade muna 2 1.3x before Qtek? Got my SPV in 1.5x agad! Kakainis!

Namimili ng phone yung 1.50.28 ROM na yan eh. The best way to find out if it will work is to give it a try. Well syempre may risk just like what I took when I did the upgrade. Since you're updating from two different ROM, you must do the upgrade Canary Tricolor Screen and execute the Qtek update else you'll come across the "invalid model" error.

dope_me

dope_me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
i lost my t9 when i stop the "checking your phone's information" during the upgrade with qtek, using the canary screen.

but i got it back when i reinstalled the 1.50.

mortenharkett722

mortenharkett722

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Cooking, Sleeping
anong default t9 language ba ang andito sa qtek rom?

spv_dman

spv_dman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

i have got it on to my SPV now but forgot that it would erase all my numbers(whoops :oops: )  
But, i backed up my ipsm before i started. I dont suppose that it saves the numbers on the fone when you back up???
If it does is there an easier way to get them from the backup than reverting back to old firmware syncing with outlook and installing it again?
Cheers guys! im screwed without my contacts

But the new rom is definately faster

If you have sync your phone with Outlook earlier, you can use that to copy back the info to your phone. Another way is to copy the info from SIM to phone using SIM Manager, that is if all your contacts are there. Else, I'm afraid you have to do it the hard way as you've mentioned. :?

jabonga

jabonga

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
i upgraded my fon its a little bit faster and still open lyn. wow thanks guys

chibako

chibako

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Namimili ng phone yung 1.50.28 ROM na yan eh. The best way to find out if it will work is to give it a try. Well syempre may risk just like what I took when I did the upgrade. Since you're updating from two different ROM, you must do the upgrade Canary Tricolor Screen and execute the Qtek update else you'll come across the "invalid model" error.

spv_dman, you mean my spv must be in the canary tricolor screen before i execute the Qtek update? sori i'm still a newbie with the SPV e. I'm still exploring. I'm interested kasi of the upgrade e. I've previous upgraded my spv to smart's ver 1.50 rom. Now I want to try the Qtek update. could you help me?

jabonga

jabonga

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
chibako,
dapat siguro nasa canary tricolor screen. kasi nung nag upgrade ako nasa tri color screen din. :)

smartrey

smartrey

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
When i upgraded my ROM to QTEK yesterday im in the canary tricolor screen, because, if not there is an error message "error 117". That my experience during the process.

spv_dman

spv_dman

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
chibako wrote:
"spv_dman, you mean my spv must be in the canary tricolor screen before i execute the Qtek update? sori i'm still a newbie with the SPV e. I'm still exploring. I'm interested kasi of the upgrade e. I've previous upgraded my spv to smart's ver 1.50 rom. Now I want to try the Qtek update. could you help me?"

Yup. You must be in the tricolor screen. Else the update won't proceed because the two ROMS are different. It will return an "invalid model id" error. Be warned, upgrades such as this can mess up the software of your phone. Specially working with the 1.50.28 ROM which I think has caused us a lot of problems. Read my previous post regarding this.

chibako

chibako

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
tnx guys! info really appreciated... i'll take the risk and try to updated my spv when i get home. wish me luck!

to jabonga, you updated from smart's ver1.50 to qtek's or from ver1.37?

anyone ever tried to update from smart's ver1.50 rom to qtek's and then back agen to smart's ver1.50? thnx agen! :)

dewslat

dewslat

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

You really have to downgrade it first.. believe me, you wont go anywhere from there. you will only reach 10% and the system will no longer run unless you have a bootloader 0.99 or 0.98. find someone this a a bootloader like that.. unlock it in 0.98 and upgrade to Qtek!!! look for threads on downgrading.. or just find someone in here close to you for help.

TECHNOLOGY WILL SURELY EAT US!!

Swift_gti

Swift_gti

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Right this ROM sounds pretty cool, at the moment I have an SPV with UK update 1.3.5.6 and my boot loader is canary 0.98 i think.
Will this QTEK rom work ok?
How do I backup my current rom, bootloader etc.. so if it goes wrong I can go back to the UK one?

If someone can answers these Q's I'm gonna give it a try, I'm sick of waiting for the next UK update now! :evil:

Cheers 8)

jabonga

jabonga

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
chibako,
yup from 1.3 to qtek 7070.

chibako

chibako

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
tnx jabonga, nagdadalawang isip tuloy ako if i'm going to try and upgrade from smart's ver1.50 to Qtek 7070.

Jassper23

Jassper23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
Hello :) Any body know if you can still send SMS after using this update?

The reason I ask this is because other update using Orange does not allow to reply or send SMS

Thanks

Jassper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users