This has been posted within this forum. Now, I'm trying out this new Qtek ROM myself. And it looks impressive.
Some things I did and my findings:
1. Upgraded from SAP 126.96.36.199 to Qtek 188.8.131.52 - successful
However, It automatically erased my IPSM!
2. Downgraded back to SAP 184.108.40.206 (to test if it can be reverted to old version) - successful
3. Upgraded back to Qtek ROM.
4. It seems the ROM is not SIMLOCKED to any network provider. My Smart SIM still works without having to run an unlock application. I tried the Orange upgrade before and it prompted me for an unlock code. This one didn't. Haven't tried this with Globe though. For those of you who want to have your phone sim-unlocked and use it with globe, you might want to give this a shot.
5. Works with uncertified applications.
6. SMS counter finally working (you have to put a recipient in the "To:" field).
7. With ASCII like the smiley "u".
8. Two new application under Accesories "Authentication" - looks like for GPRS authentication and "CSDType" - for dial up configuration.
9. I don't know if I've just overlooked this before, but there's a "MMS Setup" also under Accessories which lets you configure sending of MMS over GPRS or LAN.
10. Looks like it eats up some more memory compared with SAP 220.127.116.11. Before I had 8.3 MB on boot, now only 7.5MB.
11. Expectedly, configurations specific to SMART are gone like Action Backup and Update, and GPRS settings
Finally, you can download the ROM here:
Canary & Diag
1.07.4M (It has the save IPSM Function)
Smartphone Ver 3.0 (13121)
Radio Version 1.35.10
Operator & Manu 18.104.22.168
Lang 22.214.171.124 (with T9)
IA Album 1.6 build(12107)
SmartMMS EZOS 2.5build(030424)