SPVue

Guest mrzap

Guest Deemon

this is all in hand....we are currently reworking the was spvue works...in that we are looking into a more simple way of creating homescreens....there are some limitations with what we are doing in that you wont be able to load a non spvue homescreen in..but we will be giving you far better control over creating new homescreens from scratch.

We are basically gonna build the xml for you...you do all the positioning and colour changes in the previewer ,get it looking exactly how you want it. then save out the data which you copy straight to your phone.

This looks to be quite a comprehensive and easy way forward...so watch this space :-)

Guest drblow

Ooh, I've only just noticed - on my screen skin, the image attached to the shortcut at the top (screencall.jpg) does not show up on the viewer when the plugin is selected. The rest of the skin works fine, no error msgs about the image or anything - just doesn't show up.

Is that just because it's a shortcut??

• 6 months later...
Guest mike_t99

Just found this thread.

Deemon, is this app still being developed? 'cause it's excellent. Not done much XML. Time to learn methinks :)

Guest Speedy

Posted in this thread half a year ago without any luck of getting it to work.

Thought i'd just give it another shot, and it now works brilliantly.

I would also like to know is there has been any further development.

Guest Deemon

unfortunately not...Ill mail the coder and see if he can try and update it...the problem is writing a parser that can cope with every little variation in the XML. We had a thought to make a standard for SPVue homescreens. This would mean that you could create homescreens within SPVue but only edit home screens made with SPVue. We thought that this might be too limiting and not what people wanted.

Id like to know people thoughts ?

Guest Speedy

If you want this to work you have to read the whole thread and this one i am afraid http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=6521...mescreen+viewer

I takes a while but it actually works alright when you get.

However, it is far easier to use photoshop, which also allows you to see the pixel coordinates of where you should place your plugins according to your screen.

:)

Thanks, now I can get it to work with the "samples" . Unfortunately I get the message "root document missing" (or something like that) with my own homescreens. Probably just needs some work :wink:

How and for what is Photoshop easier to use?

TKJ

Guest Speedy

photoshop lets you view your image in pixel coordinates.

This way you can see the pixel coordinate set of every point on the image and then just plot it into your xml file, for where you wish to place your plugin.

• 1 year later...
Guest confused and hungover

howdy,

just spent a good 2 hours reading this thread and its predecessor.... its been over a year since someone posted here, have there been any updates? was there ever an Exe file made to get SPvue running?

i'd love to know what happened after this thread died but i can't find anything else posted about SPvue...

Guest confused and hungover
me thinks i'm blindingly missed this one... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OIC.... ok... yeah it makes for interesting reading but i don't have the time to go through the instalation at work, i can only work on personal stuff for a few minutes at a time... when i try to do anything like this i get interupted and loose my place :D

exe file would be handy