Why Bother?

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Pagemakers

In Modaco alone, the wish list forum has 1164 postings and 549 bug reports.

Please can you tell me out of nearly 2000 postings and suggestions how many have Orange or Microsoft actually implemented.

If I wasn't so mean I would give £1 to charity for every implementation. I am sure I wouldn’t be giving away more than a fiver!

I have had an SPV since day 1 and I can list on a couple of fingers the actual real updates and fixes made.

Why bother suggesting if nothing ever gets done?

Ah yes..... then there's update 1.6 We'll see.

Guest zeta101

its a "wish" list...people like to wish for things i guess :)

However, perhaps the admin/mods could organise a vote for the top 10 implementations/fixes which they could then present to orange explaining they are the top 10 most sought after implementations/fixes for the phone, maybe something would get done then.

Guest vijay555

the 1.5 versions have >minor< fixes.

one hopes that underneath there's huge fixes, because visible fix = sms counter :wink:

However, i think we shouldn't hold our breath, given that Smartphone 2003 and SPV 2 are due in Sept. I imagine our handicapped SM2002 will either get rom updates to SM2003, or will just die a cold and lonely death, no proper t9, buggy homescreens and all :cry:

V

Guest Pagemakers

What the betting 2003 with have the same bugs, omissions and sometimes plain stupid implementations as 2002?

Geeees, why is it gonna be called 2003 when it will practically be 2004 when it is released! Doh again.

Guest Paul [MVP]

See the thread about the 1.6 update that is coming soon.

OK, it's far from perfect, but it does directly address some bugs - requests raised on this forum.

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest squall
What the betting 2003 with have the same bugs, omissions and sometimes plain stupid implementations as 2002?

Geeees, why is it gonna be called 2003 when it will practically be 2004 when it is released!  Doh again.

hmmm complaining again, maybe you should give up your spv if your ARE so unhappy with it. I for one am happy to accept the problems with the relatively new platform as I think they are more than off set by the benefits .

Guest mcwarre
What's the point of a wish list if no one grants any wishes.  Are we just spending our time offering this info for the hell of it?

Well,

My wish is for Kylie to be given free with the phone. Will someone grant that please???? :) :o :P :( :lol:

Guest Vector

hmmm complaining again, maybe you should give up your spv if your ARE so unhappy with it. I for one am happy to accept the problems with the relatively new platform as I think they are more than off set by the benefits .

That's exactly the way i feel :)

Guest Pagemakers

I like my phone very much but unlike some of you guys I find some of the bugs unacceptable so yes I am complaining again and will continue to do so until I am satisfied with the product I am paying for.

If you are happy with the bugs as is, thats fine by me.

i agree with pagemakers, i love my phone and was prepared to put up with the bugs but there have been two updates now and how many have been fixed? whats the point of having a phone you can update. complain as much as you want man if we all didnt care nothing would get done Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest morpheus2702
I like my phone very much but unlike some of you guys I find some of the bugs unacceptable so yes I am complaining again and will continue to do so until I am satisfied with the product I am paying for.

Pagemakers, given the quantity of your complaints all over the forum, can't you just write one, definative and well-worded letter of complaint to Orange?

Where has repeating yourself over and over got you? No where! And frankly you come across as a baby in a pram who has lost his rattle!

Guest Pagemakers

No I'm not a baby and I do not have a rattle.

My posts irritate you as much as posts like yours irritate me.

You can live with the bugs. I do not want to. I do not sell my phone because for what I want it is the best phone on the market at the moment. In a few months who knows what I will do.

I choose not to personally write to Orange because I feel my single letter will go un-noticed. However as I understand it Orange view these forums, and not everyone shares your opinion, moaning postings from people like me just might change things for all of us.

Putting up with the same bugs for a year is not acceptable to me. It might be to you. If someone releases a software program I do not like I will say so. That is my entitlement, as is yours to like everything smartphone whether it is good or bad.

Guest morpheus2702

So you have said absolutely nothing to Orange - the people who CAN do something about your problem. :roll:

I can see why posts 'like mine' irritate you as it would actually mean getting off your backside and doing something positive about the GPRS problem. You'd much prefer whinging about them.

But is anyone listening to you anymore? :?:

Guest drblow

& my guess is the reason for that post repeating itself 4 times was down to GPRS problems while trying to write the message!!?? Am I right??? :wink:

Anyways - everybody is entitled to their opinion! Personally I'm with Pagemakers on this one coz my phone still has bugs (gprs access being the MAJOR issue ATM). I also think that there is alot of whinging goes on here about what I see as very minor issues (eg. returning to homescreen after call when keylocked - OK it's slightly irritating but I mean, jeez, relax will ya!!??) - but things like the continuing gprs problems are very different. We are now paying 2 quid per MB for a service which for me is totally inadequate, & not what is available to other users elsewhere - although at the rate I can connect 2MB should last me about a year!

I think it's fine if there are people who don't like to complain too much. Me, I'd rather shake Tony Blair's hand than just sit back & do nothing while paying for a service which is not up to par. I have recently written a strong letter of complaint to Orange, not only about the continuing bugs in the phone, but also about the hopeless technical support team responses to these issues & a whole bunch of CS team leaders who kept telling me they'd call me back & then didn't bother!! I'm not holding my breath for a reply!

& lets face it, if any of these issues do become resolved as a result of either people comlaining directly to Orange, or voicing disappoinment/annoyance on this forum (which we believe may contain inside Orange moles!!! :) ) - then that will be of benefit to the whole smartphone community, won't it!! & certainly not the result of just sitting around waiting for lovely Orange to fix the problems themselves!! :wink:

Guest Pagemakers

Yup you are right about the multiple postings caused by the GPRS sticking problems but I better not moan about that :)

Oh and I lied. I have got off my arse and done something. I have spent hours and hours on the phone to Orange to complain and that got me no where either. I knew more about their bloody phone than they did.

So whats your next good idea?

Guest morpheus2702

Yup with you most of the way, but it's like those people that don't bother voting and then spend the next 5 years complaining about everything the government does.

People are entitled to an opinion, but if they choose not to express it to the people that can and should make a difference, shut the f*** up!

And as for the forum's ability to affect change - Paul has already said that he's speaking to the senior Orange bods, so do we really need to hear more of Pagemakers ranting in the meantime?!?

EDIT... as regards making a complaint - always in writing. Send a copy to magazines like Mobile Choice, What Mobile and What Cellphone, and Oftel for good measure. Make sure that Orange know who else you are sending the letter to.

Guest Pagemakers

Also whilst I was off my backside I have spent the weekend trying to troubleshoot the GPRS problems with a very helpful Orange network engineer who decided to send me a Private Message. If I had not been 'moaning' he would not be following up the issues he is at the moment. I guess that was another waste of time as well?

Guest morpheus2702

Hmm, interesting that you mention that only now... I can only hope that it is Martin on the case.

Well before I 'embarrass' myself any further (?) I'm calling time on this one. You don't need any of my help fuelling your moans.