Battle Isle clone "Crimson Fields" (soon...)

Guest stohn

Hi,

this is just a preview of a game coming soon. All I want to know is, how much people need a signed version. Then I can calculate a fair price for the signed binary distribution (please post your comments).

It will be freeware for "uncertified" phones.

http://www.stohn.de/crimson

Maik

As it is pretty easy to unlock your phone, i dont think many people will need a signed version... at least not when you can get it as freeware. Game is looking nice btw :)

Looks good, i;d be interested in seeing how playable a demo is.

Pricewise, upto £10 for signed games seems the norm, depending on their playing lifespan *see lemonade tycoon*.

free unsigned versions are the norm.

Will

Hi,

the unsigned version will be freeware. I only want to know how much people NEED a signed version. Signing will take about $295 and if there are 100 interested people (which need a signed version) the price could be $2.95 (because I don't want to make money with a distribution of a GPL product)

Maik

Hi,

the unsigned version will be freeware. I only want to know how much people NEED a signed version. Signing will take about $295 and if there are 100 interested people (which need a signed version) the price could be $2.95 (because I don't want to make money with a distribution of a GPL product)

Maik

Then just dont sign it, i dont think you'll sell many signed versions with a freeware unsigned version out...

Guest MoRFLeZ

I agree with Keystroke... if ya release a freeware unsigned version, then don't bother with a signed version.

Most people decert their phones these days, it's too easy not to do it! And you're phone is 1000 x as fun app unlocked.

That being said .. how soon is "soon" :wink:

Guest idavid

my orangey armies have been crushed by the blue hordes :shock: i did seem to be outnumbered by about 5 to 1 but thats no excuse... is there any way of making more units? the enemies buildings seem to spew them out every other turn...

Hi,

here are some ingame keys:

[back] main menu

2 = [c]content of building / transport unit

4 = nfo

6 = [m]map

# = end turn

when in building

2 = uild

7 = [r]repair

8 = [t]ransport crystal (use this with a transport unit)

Maik

Guest john newhouse

I seen a link to this download on the www.coolsmartphone.com website. They stated that there are tools that can be downloaded to create your own maps and campaigns. I could not find these on the link, do these exist as i would really want them.

:)

And any chance of some instructions as i am failing at this game miserably :x :roll:

Guest Gorskar

Cool game - I just tried a mission and lost badly :)

I think we need some detailed help files, explaining objectives, units stats and usage, etc etc.

One little niggle is that when you see units attacking each other there is not enough room on the sceen to fit both groups of units on.

I do appreciate that this is a first release, but just to let you know ;)

Controls seem fine, I'm glad the cursor movement is nice and fast!

Looking forward to the finished article!!!

Took a while to work out what to do but now I'm dangerously addicted and have the blue army running for cover!

Great game!

Help files would be really be useful. Don't know how much damage different units can withstand and inflict.

i dont get it, i set my guys to kill the other guys, but why cant i see my tanks fire upon the enemy!! it just goes to these screens of my inventory and then switches to the computers turn... i guess some time between these two the crazy battle takes place... id really like to watch that :|

Guest Terwin

Then just dont sign it, i dont think you'll sell many signed versions with a freeware unsigned version out...

That'll end up screwing us 8380 users out of what looks like a good game. Not everyone has an unlocked SPV :)