Extending battery life 30% ??

Guest mwille

Guest mwille

Just found this at Smartphoning (product link)

Its a little mat one puts under the battery. It supposedly extends the batterylife 30% :shock: .. Here's what they say :

Features:

-Extends battery life by up to 30% of standard capacity

-Reduces amount of charging while extending battery life

-Increases talktime when battery level is low

-Suitable for mobile phones; digital cameras; PDAs and other electronic devices as long as the metallic non-adhesive portion faces the battery

-Sold under DENPITA in Japan.

-Overlay Plus Power Extender is made of a newly developed speical material, PAT.P.

-This material generates cavity radiation energy and dissolves slugs stored in the battery.

-This improves the flow of ions and hence will be able to improve battery power significantly.

-It has no bad effects on the user, battery pack and mobile phone.

-Patent Pending In Japan

Anybody tried this ?

Can this work at all ??

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

OK, well this would have to be the first time i've ever seen someone try to flog a quantum phone battery. Is it charged or flat? Actually its both until you look kinda thing.

For anyone thats interested, google "ultraviolet catastrophy", and put your physics hat's on, some interesting stuff going on there. I'm not entirely sure how this could help extend battery lives though...

Guest Fat Freddys Cat

Call me wary, but since reading this the other day, I wouldn't want to mess with anything battery-related.

Mind, I am tempted by the whole slug-dissolving thing, never had a clue the buggers were in there.

Guest mwille

I can see you guys are as scepticall about this as I am...

Can't help being curious though :) Still thinkin' about getting one just for the heck of it. :roll:

Guest mwille
Call me wary, but since reading this the other day, I wouldn't want to mess with anything battery-related.

Mind, I am tempted by the whole slug-dissolving thing, never had a clue the buggers were in there.

Good point about the exploding phone by the way.. Happened right here in Holland to :?

But hey, it was a Nokia... what can I say.. :)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I've got in contact with the people selling the battery extender, and hopefully they should soon be sending me a sample product to do a full review.

Watch this space, i guess.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest skyrine

As the site does not seem to contain any such product when i searched :

Lets look at this with a sensible head....

the only way to influence the battery life with a 'mat' that fits between the battery and the phone is by reducing thermal transfer.

if the battery is hot, the electrons are aready in a higher state of excitement, and any current leakage through the device would be higher than with a cold battery.

the difference would have to be many many degrees and the difference in batery life would be seconds !!

this sounds like feng shui to me, it only works if you REALLY REALLY beleive it does.... :S :roll:

better off investing in a second battery... :wink:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The maunfacturers did provide me with some samples, however i seem to have misplaced them when i moved to my university halls at the end of September. They aren't at "home" so i'll have another dig around when i get back to uni in the new year.

• 3 weeks later...

u lost them? u sad excuses for a university student!? and they were free i don’t know some people.... still sounds interesting so let us know if you find them

• 1 month later...
Guest kalinte

the mat actually intends to improve your signal pick up thus reducing power consumption as when your phone is searching for carrier signal. (that's the theory. if it works? beats me)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AaronSoup

http://www.smartphoning.com/product.asp?id...89&model=xphone

Proper link.

It doesn't add signal... it takes in radiation from the aerial & (crucially) Battery, which takes in heat from the battery, and also removes Slougs, which makes the battery more efficient...)

If you wanted to know, Slougs is the leftovers from the chemical reaction inside the battery... The build up of Slougs is what eventually kills batteries.

Sony Ericsson T610: +13%

Siemens S55: +15%

NEC e606: +3%

Nokia 7650: +12%

Nokia 7250: +12%

Sony Ericsson P800: +11%

Ericsson R520m +18.5%

SPV e200 - 22%

Tried and tested results..

HOWEVER, by my reconning, if you use the material on a new battery, you should get much higher results... I figure that's where they take the 30% figure..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kalinte

my golly! never realized a simple piece of "special material" can affect the flow of ions. i bet this poeple put magnets in their cars' gas tank to improve mileage.