spv modem link?? HELP

Guest ecorche

Guest ecorche

gud day to everybody help me pls im alm0st crazy im tryng to use m0dem link of my spv2002 bt my pc w0nt detect my f0ne as m0dem, i realy bilib that its w0rking, txt me at 09196556559

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest spv_dman
gud day to everybody help me pls im alm0st crazy im tryng to use m0dem link of my spv2002 bt my pc w0nt detect my f0ne as m0dem, i realy bilib that its w0rking, txt me at 09196556559

1. To use smartphone as in IR modem:

Excerpt from this link:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=3748#3748

spiderboy wrote:

"On your SPV, Programs > More > More > Accessories > Modem Link.

Select IRComm and Menu > Activate.

Align the infrared port with that on your PC, the PC should recognise the connection as Standard modem over infrared. It will install the drivers for the device.

Once installed, go to Start > Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options. Select Standard modem over infrared and click Properties. Go to the advanced screen, and enter the following initialisation string:

+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet","",0,0

>>> Edit by spv_dman, changed "orangeinternet" to internet for SMART specific GPRS connection point >>>

Then, go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Create a new connection.

Create a new connection, connect it through Standard modem over infrared, and put the phone number in as "*99#".

Dial the number and bam!"

2. To use smartphone as a usb modem:

Excerpt from this link:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...p=262596#262596

jm-darcy wrote:

"Hi there,

I am using my SPV as a modem on my Laptop. I do not use the GPRS and simply use a dial-up connection that happens to count as free minutes on my o2 tariff.

1. The steps I took were to turn off the USB connection in ActiveSync.

2. Take phone from cradle and go into Accessories, Modem Link. Make sure that Connection says USB. Then go to Menu and Press Activate.

3. Place back into cradle and computer will say it has found new hardware.

4. Insert the Orange disk that came with phone and select it as the place for the computer to find the drivers. Click next, next etc.

5. Go into control panel and in modems, select the SPV as default modem.

6. Start internet and the computer will dial your IP's number through your spv.

Very simple indeed. If you want to dial up using the phone's GPRS tyhen you have to enter a "string" in the advanced settings of the modem. I read this elsewhere in the forum.

>>> Edit by spv_dman: Here's the "string" specific to smart gprs connection point

>>>

But for me, I use a dial up through my SPV. It is counted as my free minutes and connects at 115Kb/s.

Hope this of some use.

James"

I've tested #2, was able to establish dialup networking from my laptop using phone as usb modem. Though I haven't been successful in doing anything with this connection (can't connect to internet). Maybe this will require some more configurations as SMART GPRS is using a proxy server to connect to the internet. I suspect that the "default gateway" has to be defined. Anyone knows if this is possible using dial up networking? I'm using winxp home.

Guest virgil

I've tested #2, was able to establish dialup networking from my laptop using phone as http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2361>USB Modem. Though I haven't been successful in doing anything with this connection (can't connect to internet). Maybe this will require some more configurations as SMART GPRS is using a proxy server to connect to the internet. I suspect that the "default gateway" has to be defined. Anyone knows if this is possible using dial up networking? I'm using winxp home.

Try this stuff from a friend (just edited some points from SMART).

works fine in WIN 2k / XP . tried in Laptop/PC it works just as good.

doesn't work on WIN 98/97/95 though.

Good luck...

tell me if it works on you.SWEEEEEET :idea:

modem_setup1.ppt

Guest spv_dman

Didn't got it to work on winxp home. It only resolves the hostname to IP address but can't connect to it using IE :roll:

@ecorche

Well if it does work, i don't see any reason why there should be any restrictions on WIN 98 as long as you have the required drivers. I suggest you give it a shot, that's the only way to find out. :)

Guest docles2002

Has anyone tried to use modem link via irda to a palm or sony clie palm powered pda. i tried to connect to isp bonanza via sony clie and use d modem of my spv but i couldn t get through. i keep on getting error time delay on my clie. help. i am going nuts. tyvm

Guest ecorche

ok tnx In my place internet acces is imposible wala kasing pldt dun local tel then smart comunication put up their cel sites and I decided to buy sap as it would help me sa aking probs, im frm LAMITAN BASILAN PROVINCE

Guest spv_dman

Ok. Mapapagastos ka nga lang nyan dahil either dial up or GPRS thru SAP is a bit expensive. We'll try to help you out para mapagana yan. Tanong ka lang sa amin. :)

Guest ecorche

Ok maraming salamat!! as of now wala ako sa lamitan im here at zamboanga city,, bulmili na rin ako ng ir adapter, just incase ayaw talga gumana ng sap i will try the nokia 6510 I install already yung setup na nasa cdrom ng 6510,,,

Guest spv_dman

I would suggest to use cable for 6510 (kung meron), for me IR is a bit unreliable for dial up networking. For one, maaksaya sa battery, then might be prone to disconnection kapag na misalign yung laptop/pc mo with the phone.

1. To use smartphone as in IR modem:

Excerpt from this link:

http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=3748#3748

spiderboy wrote:

"On your SPV, Programs > More > More > Accessories > Modem Link.

Select IRComm and Menu > Activate.

Align the infrared port with that on your PC, the PC should recognise the connection as Standard modem over infrared. It will install the drivers for the device.

Once installed, go to Start > Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options. Select Standard modem over infrared and click Properties. Go to the advanced screen, and enter the following initialisation string:

>>> Edit by spv_dman, changed "orangeinternet" to internet for SMART specific GPRS connection point >>>

Then, go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Create a new connection.

Create a new connection, connect it through Standard modem over infrared, and put the phone number in as "*99#".

Dial the number and bam!"

2. To use smartphone as a USB Modem:

Excerpt from this link:

http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php...p=262596#262596

jm-darcy wrote:

"Hi there,

I am using my SPV as a modem on my Laptop. I do not use the GPRS and simply use a dial-up connection that happens to count as free minutes on my o2 tariff.

1. The steps I took were to turn off the USB connection in ActiveSync.

2. Take phone from cradle and go into Accessories, Modem Link. Make sure that Connection says USB. Then go to Menu and Press Activate.

3. Place back into cradle and computer will say it has found new hardware.

4. Insert the Orange disk that came with phone and select it as the place for the computer to find the drivers. Click next, next etc.

5. Go into control panel and in modems, select the SPV as default modem.

6. Start internet and the computer will dial your IP's number through your spv.

Very simple indeed. If you want to dial up using the phone's GPRS tyhen you have to enter a "string" in the advanced settings of the modem. I read this elsewhere in the forum.

>>> Edit by spv_dman: Here's the "string" specific to smart gprs connection point

>>>

But for me, I use a dial up through my SPV. It is counted as my free minutes and connects at 115Kb/s.

Hope this of some use.

James"

I've tested #2, was able to establish dialup networking from my laptop using phone as http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2361>USB Modem. Though I haven't been successful in doing anything with this connection (can't connect to internet). Maybe this will require some more configurations as SMART GPRS is using a proxy server to connect to the internet. I suspect that the "default gateway" has to be defined. Anyone knows if this is possible using dial up networking? I'm using winxp home.

Orange disc??is he pertaining to the disc that came with the SAP? the Getting started with.....?Is that "Orange Disc" supposed to come with our SAP?i'm confused.

Guest spv_dman

That post kasi is specific to orange mobile subscribers, anyways, in place of this

"4. Insert the Orange disk that came with phone and select it as the place for the computer to find the drivers. Click next, next etc. "

Do this:

4. Download usbmdm-5.zip from www.monolithix.org/spv_software.html, unzip it then select it as modem driver. Click next, next etc.

That post kasi is specific to orange mobile subscribers, anyways, in place of this

"4. Insert the Orange disk that came with phone and select it as the place for the computer to find the drivers. Click next, next etc. "

Do this:

4. Download usbmdm-5.zip from www.monolithix.org/spv_software.html, unzip it then select it as modem driver. Click next, next etc.

i downloaded it already.where do i put the file, on the pc or in my phone?i clicked on the file and it just gave me a bunch of different characters.do i paste the file on my phone's folders?

Guest dewslat

does that mean that it is not free? i thought that globe has a free gprs? In that case.. its better to use Remote Control SPV so that u can surf thru Globe GPRS while us in ur PC.. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest amshowman

Hi Virgil,

Thanks for the helpful powerpoint presentation. I've done absolutely everything that you listed, but when I try to connect, it just says "dialling *99#", the two way arrows icon appears on the top right of my spv, and it never connects. "Error 777 - The connection attempt failed because the modem on the remote computer is out of order" Any idea what I cano do? It's driving me insane!!! :shock:

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Andrew

• 2 months later...
Guest ecorche

it w0nt install yung usbmdm sa m0n0lithx, i unzip it, n get the file .inf, bt wen i chose it n0thng hapens, dis thng makes me crazy,

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hi there...i've got relatives in lamitan and i was just wondering if they will eventually get PLDT service there. It's so frustrating that it seems so far from civilization. I'm glad somebody from lamitan uses the internet!