Some newbie questions..new SAP user

Guest casperr

Guest casperr

I am a new SAP user, got a brand new one yesterday. I have tried almost all brands of phones and I would say SAP is indeed the most complicated to use. However, I have adjusted na rin after couple of hours playing with it.

I hope you guys dont mind if I ask some questions. I also read through the forums where I learned a lot na rin.

My question, ilan ba talaga memory nitong phone available for the user? Kakataka lang kasi i have 128MB memory and i install the games and apps on the card pero my phone says the phone memory is like 5MB na lang daw tapos 2.5MB for storage.

Bakit ganun ang memory management nya? My previous 7650 and 3650 parang ganun din pero di naman suddenly anlaki ng nawalang memory.

- ang hirap palang iunlock nito, buti na lang Erick Joya or ejoya here is willing to help me unlock the phone.

- Saka yung ibang games, bakit sobrang lakas ng sound, tapos wala namang options sa game itself para SPAMan ang volume.

- wala ba talaga syang exit button? iba iba kasi ang pinipindot ko to close an app or game e, minsan yung back button, minsan sa soft key, meron pang iba ng numbers.

San pa ba merong ibang sites na pwedeng makuha ng cracked stuff. Marami kasi eh mga demos lang.

I might ask some questions again if I encounter something that might bug me. Other than that, the phone is awesome esp the screen and the stereo sound.

Thanks

Guest casperr

I that installed already and most of the important apps. Kaya i wonder more bakit anlaki ng memory na nawawala.

Anyways, i take it you are using globe right?

Damn, i want mine unlocked :) WAAAA

BTW, have you guys tried playing ogg files? I just tested a wma file encoded at 64kbps and another ogg file encoded at the same bitrate but its noticeable na mas maganda pa rin ang wma file. I thought ogg file would be better, not to mention file size is larger than the wma one

Guest spv_dman

Ang isinulat ni caspper:

"Damn, i want mine unlocked WAAAA"

Huwag na kasing palipat-lipat pa, dito ka na sa sigurado. Kaya mag Talk 'N Text na! :)

Guest casperr

HA HA HA HA, actually thats the one I am using right now LOL!

I sim swapped my other sim which is touch mobile so they gave me TNT and thats the one I am using since mine is still locked.

Guest casperr

One more question regarding media player.

Whever I store music or video files, windows media player will list them all in one listing as if they are all in the same directory or folder when actually they are not.

Is there a way that it wont do that? I mean, if I want to listen to the songs, I only want to listen to that. But media player will also include the video files and play them as well, kinda irritating. Is there a workaround on this?

Guest binky_p
One more question regarding media player.

Whever I store music or video files, windows media player will list them all in one listing as if they are all in the same directory or folder when actually they are not.

Is there a way that it wont do that? I mean, if I want to listen to the songs, I only want to listen to that. But media player will also include the video files and play them as well, kinda irritating. Is there a workaround on this?

no apps yet that could only retrieve your desired song/video file. but in that case better open up your smartexplorer and try to open the file there, it will only play/list your desired file...

Guest casperr

Ah ganun ba? sana naman, magawan nila ng paraan. All programs Ive tried for series 60 can do it and much more than that. I expected too much from Media Player.

How about my other question?

"wala ba talaga syang exit button? iba iba kasi ang pinipindot ko to close an app or game e, minsan yung back button, minsan sa soft key, meron pang iba ng numbers."

Guest dinoalbert
San pa ba merong ibang sites na pwedeng makuha ng cracked stuff. Marami kasi eh mga demos lang.
welcome to Modaco casperr...medyo iwasan lang natin mga ganitong posts kse if you read first the rules of the forum, mahigpit anti-piracy dito and the moderators might not like your post :wink:

"wala ba talaga syang exit button? iba iba kasi ang pinipindot ko to close an app or game e, minsan yung back button, minsan sa soft key, meron pang iba ng numbers."

which games ang may problema ka sa sound at sa exit? Anyway you might want to try the app "Xbar" ...its like the alt-tab of your desktop :)

check here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...der=asc&start=0

- Saka yung ibang games, bakit sobrang lakas ng sound, tapos wala namang options sa game itself para SPAMan ang volume

during the game, try lowering the volume down using the volume up and down buttons on the side of the SAP. adjusting the volume using those buttons work on the games i have.hopefully, it will work with yours too.

Guest virgil

welcome casperr in Modaco forum. mumultuhin ka talaga ng mga wonders ng SAP at sigurado ma-aamaze ka sa powers nito....just keep 'em coming.

@blinky

nice avatar wer did you get dis dragon?

Guest dinoalbert
Saka yung ibang games, bakit sobrang lakas ng sound, tapos wala namang options sa game itself para SPAMan ang volume

why dont you try the app "Warwick Roberts Volume Ctrl"

try a seacrh here at Modaco or at smartphony.org :wink:

Guest binky_p
@blinky  

nice avatar wer did you get dis dragon?

one of the bootloader screens i got from here also at customization ata(?)..btw, this is now my start-up screen (i've upgraded my rom into Qtek's) coupled with some wav sound...."computer, activate the virus defense blah blah blah.."(also got this here [virus.wav]) :)

Guest mariolouis
I have that actually.. are u saying i have to adjust the volume first through that program before starting any game?

no. you can adjust it anytime in between the game. you have to pause first of course. then run the proggy.

Guest casperr

OK to follow up my question, how can i run multiple programs at the same time?

Like let's say in your case, i am playing a game, then i will pause it and run the volume control program, how do i get back to the game?

Sa 3650 kasi i have a menu button, pressing it for like 2 secs will tell me which programs are running and that i can choose any of them and run it again. How can i do this sa SAP?

BTW, I love my start up screen. I am learning a lot from customization thread :) I took one of their pictures and edited it myself.

Another thing, baka naman meron sa inyo na pwedeng makatulong para maunlock phone ko ;) I dont know anyone kasi with another SAP e, sabi ng iba, u can do it by yourself but u need a card reader and i dont have it :D Kahit magbayad ako, pero sana mura lang :wink:

Guest dinoalbert
OK to follow up my question, how can i run multiple programs at the same time?

just press on the "home" button and it will bring you back to the homescreen where you can clik open another program

Guest casperr

Yeah i know that but how do i get back to the other programs. Let's say I am running 2 programs at the same time, wala bang key to press para ibigay sa akin ang info about what programs are currently running?

Saka, wala ba talaga syang quit button? Iba iba kasi pinipindot if u want to close a program e, minsan di pa nacoclose, you have to use other program pa to close it.

At saka bakit minsan, some errors will come up like This program is not a valid Windows CE application or some components are missing pero those programs were running fine before? Then most of the time, if i restart it, ok na naman. What are the causes of those?

Guest dinoalbert
Yeah i know that but how do i get back to the other programs. Let's say I am running 2 programs at the same time, wala bang key to press para ibigay sa akin ang info about what programs are currently running?  

Saka, wala ba talaga syang quit button? Iba iba kasi pinipindot if u want to close a program e, minsan di pa nacoclose, you have to use other program pa to close it.

you can go back by pressing the "back" button until you get to the previously opened program BUT it would be much easier if you use the program "Xbar" which can close/quit and open desired programs running in the background.

the Xbar uses the "record" button to see all opened programs in a single bar

Guest casperr

Another question

My ringtone and message alerts are wav files. I stored mine on storage card and i use SetTones to set my alerts. It's working until the battery becomes low like 30% or 20% na lang natitira, it will come back to a simple beep. This is really weird, it only happen when the battery is low. If I charge my phone again, it will come back to normal again.

If the battery is low and try to run settones, it will tell me it failed even if i restart the phone many times. But after charging it, it will update the tones successfully again.

Anybody has idea why its doing this?

Guest dinoalbert

Im not really familiar with Set Tones but if you upgrade your ROM to Qtek, you can use ringtones saved in the SD card (My Documents folder) without using any 3rd party apps.

IF you dont want to upgrade, you may want to try the other app "Changer Sonnerries"...its what I used before I upgraded to Qtek

my 2 centimos

Guest spv_dman
Another question

My ringtone and message alerts are wav files. I stored mine on storage card and i use SetTones to set my alerts. It's working until the battery becomes low like 30% or 20% na lang natitira, it will come back to a simple beep. This is really weird, it only happen when the battery is low. If I charge my phone again, it will come back to normal again.  

If the battery is low and try to run settones, it will tell me it failed even if i restart the phone many times. But after charging it, it will update the tones successfully again.

Anybody has idea why its doing this?

Topakin yang set tones, not to mention mahirap i-configure dahil you need to edit pa the text files for each category (ringtone, sms alert). Install ko yan before using smart rom 1.37 then nung try ko nang uninstall ayaw nang matanggal. You should use changer sonneries instead or the new roms which can read ringtones from your sd card.

Guest casperr

Thanks to the two of you :) Sa settones pala

I will try to have mine unlocked then upgraded to QTEK ROM, ejoya is willing to help me today, Ill drop by sa kanila this afternoon. Seems like QTEK is the best ;)

Guest kapitan jackal

good day to all.

nyebe question!

ano po ang pinagkaiba ng stock SAP (unit came from smart) at ng upgraded sa Q_TEK?

a good friend of mine just apgraded my SAP to Q-TEK, pero di ko pa rin makuha ang mga advantages nya

salamas!