Copy Bootloader without using USBTerm

Guest elr

Guest D2R_Russel

Hey..hey..hey..pls!!!!! talaga sino pwede makipag deal wid me, I need an SD card 8mb wid .98 or lower bootloader. m from Davao,as u can see technology here is a bit 'slow' hehe, guys from mla or vis, or kung may lucky guy 2 sa min rep agad! i can dish out P500 max for an 8mb card wid d bootloader, sobra na nga un db? email: [email protected] =_)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

HOW TO COPY A BOOTLOADER FILE (.whx) TO SD: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also download the PDF format of this guide here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=90189

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do this?

1. To have a copy of a specific version of a bootloader on a storage card for downgrade purposes.

2. To have a spare bootloader on a storage card.

Note:

In your PC the bootloader backup comes in .whx file extension. Transferring the bootloader to a storage card is not as easy as 'Cut-Paste' or 'Copy-Paste'.

What you need:

1. WinHex - a program that will encode/write the whx file in SD, in a format(HEX) recognized by the phone on boot (Canary); a full version is needed

2. WHX file - the bootloader backup in your PC

3. Spare SD - at least 8mb

4. Card reader/writer

5. PC

Procedures:

*Insert the SD card in a Card Reader and do the following:

1) Start Winhex

2) Choose "File"

3) Choose "Load Backup" (and select the bootloader file/.whx file)

4) Choose "Write sectors directly and immediately to the disk"

5) Choose your SD Card Reader (instead of 'Hard disk 4' in the picture)

6) Select OK

:idea: It should copy down the bootloader to your SD card.

:!: Finally, boot up your phone in canary mode with the new SD card (with the bootloader on it ) and it will install/load the new bootloader on your phone. :wink:

WinHexLoadBackup.gif

@pzee

Problem ko yung winhex, evaluation copy lang ng version 11 nakuha ko. Baka pwede pahiram sandali nung liscense ng winhex mo for para ma load ko na yung bootloader... :wink:

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@BrAGoL

Ang alam ko sa WinHex application is: its a Hexadecimal Editor for Files, Disks & RAM, Data Recovery, Computer Forensics, and IT Security Tool. It is an advanced tool that is able to handle *.* files, meaning virtually any file type/ file extension. So it should be able to open the .fls file you were mentioning pero yung particular significance/use nya sa Nokia phones di ko alam kung ano. Basta pagdating sa SPV, magagamit natin is yung Load Backup feature nya.

Learn more about the power of WinHex here

Guest chibako

do one really need a licenced copy a winhex to copy the bootloader? i only have an evaulation copy like the elr have.... :roll:

is there any other software that can do the same thing? any info guys? tnx!

Guest D2R_Russel

Clarifications plss:

So ilng beses ko na nbasa nag posts,but m still wonderin kung ano ba kailangan talaga 2 change ur Rom from bootloader 1.04,rom 1.50. sum say,dwngrade 2 smart 1.37,then run qtek. sum say change muna bootloader 2 .98 then downgrade then qtek. hw about kung ayaw mong i unlock ang fone, kailangan pa ba ang bootloader change?

Guest chibako

tnx! pzee,

did you register your copy? any way i'm still looking for my card reader. i lend it to someone kasi i never thought that i might be needing it... now that i need it, i don't know kung na kanino na.. free ko lang kasi yun e. :?

thanks a lot to the guy who posted the procedure.... well i got winhex10.9... but don't have card reader yet... is there any way how to copy without using a card reader? and one thing more if i have a card reader could i use MMC instead of SD? coz what i have right now is 16MB MMC. thanks a lot guys.

ciao

~joan

Guest kroblanx

Sige na.. arrange tayo ng get-together so a good samaritan can bring a laptop and unlock, downgrade and upgrade our Smart-locked SAPs for free. Please!!

Bakit pa kasi P1000 yung sinisingil sa Greenhills..

elr,

google search for winhex10.54 and the crack for the liscence.. can't remember the site though..

haven't tried to downgrade my spv yet but am planning to with all the posts in here.. hope it works.

@wins

Thanks for the tip but i don't need it anymore. I already got a 0.99 bootloader from my sisters' SAP and was able to apply the QTEK update. I still have the bootloader in my extra SD so if somebody here wants to load it just inform me. :)

@wins

Thanks for the tip but i don't need it anymore. I already got a 0.99 bootloader from my sisters' SAP and was able to apply the QTEK update. I still have the bootloader in my extra SD so if somebody here wants to load it just inform me.  :)

ako, gusto ko. where r u from? sa ortigas ako.

Guest deadlock

guys from what yo said,is it possible to use winhex and copy the file to your pc, that way we could download the bootloader .98, as it is very difficult to find a person with bootloader .98. could someone help?

Guest Eleventh

You can copy a bootloader without using usb term. Yes! you could, with only your fone and a SD card.

HOW?

You must have bootloader .93 (or below) on your SAP.

First Boot on the DIAG screen and you shall see the first option 1. save bootloader. :)

then select it and voila. You now have an instant bootable sd/mmc card that that can downgrade v.93 bootloader on any SAP.

Need more info? and my reply?

just ym me coz im not used on posting forums. I can be of help.

I may even thought you how to make a bootable sd/mmc backup of any ROM bootloader included. ;)

(Yes, just like the one's used by smart tech's, except its on any ROM you like )

Guest spv_dman
You can copy a bootloader without using usb term. Yes! you could, with only your fone and a SD card. 

HOW? 

You must have bootloader .93 (or below) on your SAP.

First Boot on the DIAG screen and you shall see the first option 1. save bootloader. :)

then select it and voila. You now have an instant bootable sd/mmc card that that can downgrade v.93 bootloader on any SAP. 

Need more info? and my reply?

just ym me coz im not used on posting forums. I can be of help.

I may even thought you how to make a bootable sd/mmc backup of any ROM bootloader included. ;)

(Yes, just like the one's used by smart tech's, except its on any ROM you like )

Well I think USB Term has all the answers in backing up every software component of your phone. Am I correct Mr. Eleventh? :D