MITAC MIO UNLOCKED NOW AVAILABLE

Guest sabio_proeliat

Guest sabio_proeliat

If you want to unlock your Mitac Mio 8380 just follow the link:

[Edit (Paul [MVP]: Link no longer working!]

And it WORKS!

It's okay to skip the second step in the instructions (you don't have to upgrade the Micro-P Image)

Guest Crispy

Can't test it, but I think quite some people would love to kiss the person who made this :wink:

Edit: It contains the files; UUTforCanary.exe & OEM.nb0 ... Doesn't this ring a bell? ... Hacked romz 4 SPV?

Guest nickcornaglia

Waiting for my Mio to come in the mail...

This will be the first thing I test! :)

(Glad you guys get to prove it before I get it though!) ;)

Guest Terwin

I just tested it out. Again flashing rom is dangerous. Use at your own peril. I noticed 2 things in the instructions that were omited. 1) BACKUP you files. 2) Erase IPSM. I didn't erase ipsm on my first 3 tries and it gave a flash write error message at around 22%. Glad I didn't turn off phone then. I merely went to the IPSM menu and erased the IPSM then went back to flashrom menu. I've yet to test any unlocked apps but I can tell you that the phone boots ok after the flashrom.

Guest rockdoc

sounds a bit complicated, not sure I have the huevos to give this a go yet. When you say "dangerous" are you suggesting that an unrecoverable state may be achieved beyond which a hard reset can cure?

Basically if you are worried about using an unknown bit of software...

DONT.

If I had a nice shiny phone, and little idea on how to fix it, I would NOT run a program that re-writes the internals.

However i've fed multiple rom's onto my spv's and knocked them out of comission for a few heart stopping minutes.

I don't have a mio, or else i would be running this app by now... and then posting any problems or issues.

I would wait, see how everyone else does, speak to other mio owners, maybe get one on MSN or IRC, and ask them to talk you through the process.

There was a quote somewhere, 'that heros die, that's why they are called heros'.

Will

Guest Terwin

Looks like the link has been pulled. I now have a theory that 12 hours after anything about the Mio 8380 hits MoDaCo Mitac locks it down... If they were only as prompt with their customer service.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Note that it's not a Mitac site where it was available, and it has still been pulled. I think some heads may roll at Mitac after this.

I did download it before it was pulled, though.

Guest ChezDoodles

Be aware that there exist a dozen different ROM's for the Mio8380, and you need to match correct ROM to the HW revision of your phone. Failure to do so can render you Mio8380 useless - with known issues like the phone being unable to detect button push...

Guest mar9118

Sounds like someone from Mitac trying to stir fear into the mind of normal mobilephone users but we owners of mio 8380 and MS Smartphones are 'techbies' and that cannot be so, it's like saying that you cannot install windows on computers with AMD processors :)

i did, works without a problem to upgrade and apps are running perfectly (orneta notepad, madbeetle analogue clock plugin, etc.etc....). i dont know if its possible to go back - but i see no reason to do that since i already configured everything back- gprs, mms, wap, phone, camera- all works perfectly.

cheers, lutz

Guest sabio_proeliat

Yes It works fine!

One question I unlocked the phone without eraseing IPSM but it seems to work fine.

Why do you have to erase it? Will I get any unwelcomed side effects?

:shock: :shock: