MITAC MIO UNLOCKED NOW AVAILABLE

Guest sabio_proeliat

Guest Gorskar

Chez is a games developer for the smartphone, so probably knows his stuff (PS hows Speedway Jam coming along?)

I imagine that the vast majority of those dozen ROMs are prerelease though. There may be some difference between the Chinese and the Hong Kong versions though - I don't know.

I'm not sure if the file is copyright or not - but it would be useless to anyone who didn't already own a mio 8380, so I cant see any copyright infringement going on here.

It is of course risky and could bust your phone, with no-one responsible but yourself for trying this in the first place!

[EDIT]

You can download the original file here (thanks to the guy who emailed it to me) No responsibility is taken for this stuffing up your phone, and I may remove it if a)I'm reliably advised it could be questionable legally or :) it uses up too much bandwidth.

Id advise you check out the site mentioned in the post above first. This is only a backup.[/EDIT]

Guest mio8380

folks how's the unlock going? I hope everything is going smooth! I don't have my phone with me, otherwise I'll be busy! I wonder if there is ICQ for smartphone, that'll be great

good work Terwin, thank you so much for your contribution to the mio 8380 community

@mio 8380: there is a tool called imov messenger which is able to handle icq. but check it out before you buy it- i did not i just bought it and found it pretty uncool then....

@terwin: is there any german language version out there? i am not afraid to test everything. go ask my wife...

cheers, lutz

Guest Terwin
@terwin: is there any german language version out there? i am not afraid to test everything. go ask my wife...

cheers, lutz

Ah, I think the CECT 2.0 cd zip installer that was floating around had german plus every other language out there for smartphone. I'll check it later tonight to be sure.

Guest aiwapro
I found the instructions for applying this patch, but the software has been pulled.  

Could someone PM me with the software so I may apply this to my Mio?

It's still here here.

Just click on Mio 8380 Unlock, or any other corresponding link, and the software is there.

jajaja, ich weiss auch...

its a pain in the a55 to reinstall everything after a firmware update. but this time its absolutly worth it. and like said: they would not tell you to do so if there's a way to not to...

winke winke,

lutz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I used the new image to unlock my phone but considering going back to the original ROM (support etc'). Do you know if there's a way to get a hold of the original ROM that is distributed with a new Mitac Mio?

If not, then do any of you know how I can pull/download the ROM from a brand new phone (a friend of mine did not upgrade his yet)? and use it (upload/push) to my phone?

Any utility out there that can backup/restore ROM files (maybe to the SD card)?

Thanks!

Ixtab

'cause i lost some of the original apps and now that Mitac are coming out with an official unlock page I prefer to revert back to the original ROM and unlock it via their website.

Also in case I have issues with the phone, support will be easier having the original ROM. I guess...