Guest badboy4life

1.Run registy editor

2.Go into HKEY LOCAL MACHINE

3.Go into SECURITY

4.Go into ECALL

5.Select Values

6.Select LIST

7.Change entries as desired

Above Method doesn't work, but download and run the cabs further down the topic.

Guest badboy4life

I forgot about protected registry entries. I just got a bit excited that i found the entry :oops:

I read in another topic that you can write a cab file to forcible change the registry entry even if its protected, but i have no knowledge of doing this so if someone could help out here... :?:

Guest Richie M
I forgot about protected registry entries. I just got a bit excited that i found the entry :oops:

I read in another topic that you can write a cab file to forcible change the registry entry even if its protected, but i have no knowledge of doing this so if someone could help out here... :?:

You can not change a protected reg key with a CAB unless the cab is signed with a priv'd certificate.

Sorry

Guest kyrkesmith

That doesn't seem to be true, for me at least, Richie M. I've attached 3 .cabs that do the job just fine. You'll probably have to turn off and on again before the changes manifest themselves.

Be aware that under European law it is a manufacturer's obligation to allow emergency numbers to be dialed, even when on keylock. Don't hold me responsible if you're breaking the law by installing this.

Restore.CAB

Emergency.CAB

UK.CAB

Guest kyrkesmith

Sorry, that's the only one I didn't test. Yes, I know that's incredibly stupid, but it's almost exactly the same as the other two. I'll check it out now.

Guest spacemonkey

hm... people with a dev environment working can probably push their priv'd certs onto the phone, sign regedit with their own personal priv'd cert and then hack the reg very seriously...

Doesn't help the general public tho. I'll have a play and prove this on mine tonight and post detailed instructions for the crazies out there :) (if it works)

I still don't see the zones of the registry that are protected with the priv key. should not get changed by a cabfile... (ie the securitypolicy?) otherwise we could decert easily with a signed cab file..?

Will

• 5 months later...

My Qtek7070 (on Orange 1.6 ROM) whinges when I try to install the CAB.

Info

Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions. Please contact your service provider for more information.

Looks like it needs a cert?

Haha whoops yeah that's what I mean, needs de-cert. Someone mentioned earlier it works without de-cert? Anyway I can't de-cert my Qtek7070/E100. Weirdness:

C:Windows CE Toolswce300Smartphone 2002tools>sp2002dps.exe /create /device

Processing files

Emulator files complete

Device files complete

Unable to provision the certificate to the device. You may need to contact the mobile operator servicing your phone

Hey guys, thx for the tips... I think i might revert my ROM back to a Qtek or an iMate... This Orange ROM on an Australian phone is not happy decerting OTA or via SDK.

Tried OTA and I don't receive any message from Orange.

Sorry guys, after much confusion I finally managed to decert my phone and the CABs work perfectly :)

I took your example and made an Australian one for 112 and 000 only... No more 08 and 999 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gemmell

Thank you so much for this; however, I applied "Emergency.CAB" and I can still dial 000 and 112 with the keypad lock on.

I am in Australia and have an iMate Smartphone 2.