PPCW.Net i-mate ROM 1.50.8.6

Guest mar9118

Guest dinoalbert

@mar

with i-mate can you still:

1. use ringtones saved in SD card (w/o using 3rd party apps) ?

2. does it still have "delete all messages" in the Inbox/Sent Items folder (w/o using SmStools) ?

What's the advantage of this i-Mate rom over the Qtek? I noticed mas lower ang rom version nya (Qtek is 1.50.9.1 while i-Mate is 1.50.8.6)

Guest mar9118

dinoalbert:

1. Yes

2. Yes again :)

i-mate 1.50.8.6 is a little lower version but it is exactly the same as Qtek 1.50.9.1 (my opinion) except for the English T9 but for those who compose text messages without using T9 or Dictionary just stick with Qtek because with i-mate you don't have the accented characters :D

casperr:

You need to downgrade if you are now with Smart ROM 1.5.0.28 otherwise you can install the i-mate update directly in the canary or bootloader screen ;)

Guest casperr

Ah ok, so madali na lang palang mag upgrade. I used to have that Smart ROM 1.5.0.28 but ejoya unlocked it for me and upgraded to QTEK. I'll stick with QTEK muna, yun lang pala difference.

@mar

with i-mate can you still:

1. use ringtones saved in SD card (w/o using 3rd party apps) ?

2. does it still have "delete all messages" in the Inbox/Sent Items folder (w/o using SmStools) ?

What's the advantage of this i-Mate rom over the Qtek? I noticed mas lower ang rom version nya (Qtek is 1.50.9.1 while i-Mate is 1.50.8.6)

ngayon ko lang nalaman pede pala delete all messages na sa new roms hehe naginstall pa ako ulit ng sms tools

Guest ppcsurfr

@mar9118: I deleted your double post already.

Anyway, here's what's nice with the PPCW.Net i-Mate ROM... it has the English T9 dictionary... among the new improvements with the latest ROMs for the Tanager... like being able to use any number for SMS... that is if you have friends with 2 mobile phones... you can put their second mobile pone under "car phone" and still send them a message.

No need for the Character/SMS counter workaround as it works automatically if you're in SMS mode.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

(Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices)

Hi Carlo:

Is the ROM update 1.50.8.6 will work for SPVs that came from Smart Telecoms?

Im a little bit confused. I have my 1.5.0.28 ROM update (downloaded from Smart website) ...

Guest kroblanx

I heard the speed improvements are worth the upgrade. Since I'm not able to downgrade my bootloader on my own, I'm thinking about biting the P1000 Greenhills bullet.

Ikaw Carlo ha? Napa-unlock mo na rin ba yung SAP mo at gagamit ka ng non-SMART ROM?

Biro lang, dude.. ;-)

Im just too confused about the ROM thingy...

I have the latest of SMART ROM Update dowloaded to their site, do i need to downgrade my ROM first before upgrading to the latest ROM of PPCW iMate 15086 or Qtek ROM?

Can i use either PPCW iMate ROM 15086 and Qtek ROM 15091?

Thanks!

I have the latest of SMART ROM Update dowloaded to their site, do i need to downgrade my ROM first before upgrading to the latest ROM of PPCW iMate 15086 or Qtek ROM?

Thanks!

Guest mar9118
@mar9118: I deleted your double post already.

Anyway, here's what's nice with the PPCW.Net i-Mate ROM... it has the English T9 dictionary... among the new improvements with the latest ROMs for the Tanager... like being able to use any number for SMS... that is if you have friends with 2 mobile phones... you can put their second mobile pone under "car phone" and still send them a message.

No need for the Character/SMS counter workaround as it works automatically if you're in SMS mode.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

(Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices)

Thank you very much for deleting my double post Carlo, I am also using i-mate 1.50.8.6 ROM and so far this is the best if you are like me who have to text to foreigners and have to use English T9 or dictionary :)

Best regards,

Thanks!

you can use either as long as you've downloaded to Smart 1.3.7 or lower with bootloader 0.99 or lower (bootloader---> you'll find it in the canary start screen--- better do a search na lang as the information has already been posted a lot of times.)

Guest rcapili

Hi! to all sap users: :)

Ano kaya kung hintahin na lang natin na i-release ng smart itong rom update na ito or upgrade or whatsoever? I already downloaded the file kaya lang I'm afraid to test it baka mag crash itong sap ko.

What do you think? Advice naman....

:roll:

Guest dinoalbert

nung nag-release ang Smart ng 1.50 rom version, marami nagsisisi...it sim-locked their phones again at mahirap nang i-sim unlock ulit or i-upgrade sa ibang rom versions.

as Bragol said, sundin mo lang ang procedure and you cant go wrong in flashing roms to your phone. Mas okay pa ang Qtek or i-Mate rom kesa yung ni-release ng Smart

I used the eurotel update which contains not only all the aforementioned features of the qtek (all msgs deletion, extra field for mobile numbers, txt counter, etc.) with the added function of an english T9 (with ascii characters). But a small caveat. Although it has english T9, it doesn't have the expansive dictionary of the smart update. Also, the ascii characters, although present, may pose some frustration to people who want to text numbers without switching to number mode because there are so many characters to sift through before you reach the number desired. Other than that, I believe it to be the best ROM update. It also changes the bootloader to 1.07, far more updated than the smart 1.04 bootloader. And it is downgradable too.

nung nag-release ang Smart ng 1.50 rom version, marami nagsisisi...it sim-locked their phones again at mahirap nang i-http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock ulit or i-upgrade sa ibang rom versions.

as Bragol said, sundin mo lang ang procedure and you cant go wrong in flashing roms to your phone. Mas okay pa ang Qtek or i-Mate rom kesa yung ni-release ng Smart

is it confirmed that warranty is void if you upgrade to ROMs other than smart's?

Guest mar9118

Hey relax, you can always revert back to Smart ROM in case you have to bring your phone for repair, assuming it is still powering up :) don't worry it's no big deal, you can always pay for the repairs just in case, I will not deprive myself of the opportunity to play with and enjoy my Smartphone because of warranty issue :wink: