What games do you want

Guest muff

there is already a soccer game out thereĀ 

Total Soccer - it's on Handango

Yeah, it's A soccer game, it's not THE soccer game. Damn, why am I even calling it soccer - IT'S FOOTBALL!!!! :)

"]'Mr Driller' is a great game that would port well to SmartPhone...

P

bizzarre thing

I was thinking of a new game the other night, and imagined the ability to find your way through a game, 1 room at a time against the clock, and a short one at that

then I starting thinking of dig-dug, and starting thinking of digging ala Dig-Dug, BoulderDash, Repton - but in very fast puzzle rooms the size of the screen that block off once you exit them - leading to a larger maze type game going on behind the smaller screen puzzles

then I gave the bloke a shovel + pick, rather than just his hands - just to make the animations cute

then the following morning I get Edge magazine and find a game called Mr Driller mentioned in there !!!! couldn't believe it when I saw shots on the web

remarkably similar to what I was thinking about

may still make mine, but I agree the original would play nice :)

Yeah, it's A soccer game, it's not THE soccer game. Damn, why am I even calling it soccer - IT'S FOOTBALL!!!! :)

I heard it was pretty good

what would you want to make it THE football game in your eyes?

IMO, for a game to be on the SPV it has to be playable on max 5 keys (4 directional, 1 action).

This was my reason for picking Sensi. Forgetting the addictive gameplay, Sensi was designed to be played on a max of 5 keys. Perfick.

On top of that, it was a proper "game" - not a technical landmark or groundbreaking, just immense fun on your own or against friends. If it was playable on a 1991 Amiga, I'm sure the PC port would be playable on an SPV.

Guest NederSoren

Two games i would really like to see is:

Trailbike - The Motocross game - This is avalible for PPC, so im sure that someone could make someting like this for smartphone.. and the gamelay is excelent.. :) more info here, plus a playable demo TRAILBIKE DEMO HERE!!!

this is btw soon avalible for P800 too.. :D

Another game i would love is Soccer Kid

I've reested this before.. but no one seemed to notice, so here it is again. this is avalible for PPC too.. ;)

//NederSoren

trailbike is already on it's way to the SPV - seen on Handango I think - maybe AIM?? one of them had it advertised as coming to smartphone though

as for soccer kid, well I'll put in on the big list - maybe one day someone will get to it :)

Guest unclelimey

how about :

a snooker / pool game

asteroids

a game that used to be on nokia 3310 called bantumi (hope i spelt that right)

ms pacman (come on muff - you know you wanna)

dig dug

more thoughts to follow !!

"then I starting thinking of dig-dug, and starting thinking of digging ala Dig-Dug, BoulderDash, Repton"

REPTON ... I would love a port of repton :-)

the reason i came to this forum, and it's already been mentioned!

Guest Charlie Mouse

I reckon Asteriods would work well. Simple controls simple graphics and addictive gameplay.

I mostly play games on my phone when I am bored i.e when shopping with my girlfriend and shes trying stuff on and I'm left loitering outside the changing rooms. At times like this you need a game you can load up, play for five / ten minutes and then shut down again.

The only games I really use at the moment are Pacman and Rubiks Cube...

Guest kingdom master

;) YES WOW i forgot about that one.

i was thinking of

harrier attack

terminator 2

turtles

wrestling

outrun

and loads of amsoft software. the spectrum emul wasnt very good, the amstrad had better games "dreaming of my green screen monitor" :idea: :D

kingdom

i would actually buy an spv just to play this game:

stunt driving (sometimes called 4d sports driving)

there would definately have to be a track editor on it as well. oooh, i spent many a night in front of my wickedly fast 386SX-25 playing this game.

and another game i'd love to see is prince of persia. no clone only an original port will bring back the memories.

Hey mores, do you mean the Ironman off road racing game? The four player one with the off-road buggies that was in the arcade and on home pcs? That would be a good one!

no, it was a DOS game back in the 90s, 256 colors i think.

you could choose from several cars (f1, lamborghini, porsche, etc), and you drove on relatively simple tracks and terrain. but those tracks featured jumps, bridges, tunnels you could do a side-loop, loopings etc.

you could then build you own tracks, i had a lot of jumps over windmills, trees etc.

it was one of the first 3-dimensional vector racing games, i believe.

check screenshots here:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/shots/p,/gameId,329/

awesome.