Car Kit anyone?

Guest batute

Very very neat. Personally, I wouldn't bother with a cradle. They always look poor, I'd rather have a wire that came out from somewhere in the console, where you can put the phone. This way, you can pick it up and use it in one hand. This would probably be safer than a cradle, as you can easilly dial/answer finding the buttons by touch, rather than leaning across and having to take your eyes from the road.

Will you be publishing schematics / howto's for this? Also, is the audio output in stereo? That would be cool, you could be walking down the street, headset on listening to an mp3, get to the car & dock the phone, and continue listening on the car system. Way cool!

Guest Geeklord

PhP 500. my apologies for the wrong price (PhP 5,000). However I repeat, he's the only one who claims it works. And if that's any promise of his workmanship, then I wouldn't want to be parted from my money just yet. In any case the one batute is working on looks mighty fine. I hope you can work in a power cable.

hi batute CONGRATULATIONS on the kit.. i've been tinkering with one for months, and as it looks only about 5% as complex as yours, i've decided to give up!... please let me know if you are selling the pcb's, as i'd be very interested in creating one in the UK..

Will

Congratulations elr,

maybe you could mass produce it as grifter said and let smart do the marketing.

Sorry to disappoint you pards, pero si batute ang gumawa non.. :?

Guest batute

fraser,

It is ok not to have a cradle, but the idea was to have a complete car kit with no wires dangling all around the vehicle.

It can still work with your idea, as in my current setup.

Yes, the output is in stereo. So you can play your MP3's and WMA files while on the go. The output is not that bad as of the moment, but there is still some room for improvement.

grifter,

I think the only way to make it look neat is to have someone make moulds for the plastics. PCB's are no problem, I can find someone who can manufacture them locally with full certifications, provided I have the money to pay for it. ;)

Plastics are a bit dificult, i.e., no experience....

Schematics, I might post it when I get mad....hehehehehe

Will,

I might, I'll keep you posted on the developments of the PCB. Initial design is about 5cm square using ordinary components. Using SMD's we might be able to shrink it further to fit a DB25 shell.

Guest batute

Bad news guys, somebody have already bought the schematics and paid the research. They will be manufacturing the kit for local consumption. So I won't be able to post it or take anymore pics.

Guest batute

Pero they did allow me to keep the proto type, hehehehehe

Kaya meron akong handsfree s kotse.....hehehehehehehe

I might possibly try to improve the audio output quality in the future.

• 2 weeks later...