"How To" Repository

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Introduction: This is a repository of step by step guide, do-it-yourself procedures and tricks on how to do things... not included in the user's manual. Its a 'must read' for all SPV users. This was based on adi116's idea (Share your knowledge) of coming up with a standard reference manual.

Advantage: MoDaCo members will be able to download specific topics, step by step guides and tricks related to Smart Amazing Phone/SPV in .doc or .pdf format then view them as reference even without internet access.

How should it work? Contributors can come up with a step by step guide using MS Word, save the copy as 'How To xxx.doc', zip the file, then upload here. Or maybe come up with a guide in pdf format (smaller file size). For the Description/File Comment part, you can write the main points in a concise form (view my first upload).

Choose the desired topic/s you want to download, unzip, then open using Adobe Acrobat Reader or any pdf reader you know.

Upload a tested/valid 'how to' document and help others. :wink:

IMPORTANT: DISABLE FIREWALL FIRST (Norton Personal Firewall, Zonealarm etc) BEFORE DOWNLOADING.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[EXTRA]-[EXTRA]

a. BOOTLOADER FILES (0.91, 0.93, 0.98 .whx)

Look for the attachments: http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...=89735&start=60

Right Click then 'Save Target As...' : http://www.geocities.com/p_zeeadik/093098.zip

b. CREATING CUSTOM-MADE AMR MUSIC CLIPS FOR YOUR MMS

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

c. BACKUP AND RESTORE CONTACTS, CALENDAR AND TASKS DATABASE

- tricks on how to backup mxip_initdb.vol from phone to PC then restore from PC to phone.

Click Me

d. HOW TO ACCESS GAMES FOLDER IN HOMESCRN MRU (Thread here)

Click Me to download the trick

e. HOW TO CONVERT VCD (.DAT) TO DIVX (.AVI)...POCKET MVP FORMAT

Click me

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO COPY A BOOTLOADER FILE.zip

HOWTOUPGRADETOQTEKROM.zip

HowToMakeListproReadListsInSd.zip

HOW TO REMOVE THE DING SOUND.zip

How to remove screen cover and make your SAP unique.zip

How To Unlock Your SAP.zip

How To Fix Phantom SMS.zip

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN HME FILE.zip

How To Fix the Irritating Phantom E-mail Bug.zip

HOW TO FIX OUTBOX BUG.zip

How to prevent and eventually eliminate the problem of mobile cell phone theft.zip

HOW TO BACKUP THE CONTENTS OF AN SMS MESSAGE TO ORNETA.zip

Guest dinoalbert

nice, pzee.

post mo naman pati "DOWNGRADING to Smaret 1.50 rom" para doon sa mga nagaSPAMlak mag-simlock ulit ng phones nila nefore bringing it for repair sa BP :)

Guest midnightman

Question. pag nag downgrade ba ako mawawala ang ibang mga programs na kasama sa upgrade?? o hindi dahil ico-copy ko ang IPSM sa storage, tapos balik ulit sa phone?? tama ba ang analisys?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@midnightman

mag downgrade ng ano, rom o bootloader? pag upgrade sa kahit anong rom version or basta magpalit ka ng rom, definitely mabubura lahat ng laman ng IPSM mo.

Guest midnightman

Sorry, naglabas ako ng statement ng hindi ko naiintindihan. sorry magSPAMsa muna ako. sorry pero kung icopy ko nga ang IPSM sa storage. pwede ko burahin ang bago di ba? tapos palit ko ang IPSM na bago. mali pa din?? kahit ROM or Bootloader ang inupgrade ko. Sorry kung tanga ang dating ha? wala kasi ako oras magbasa ngayon eh.

Guest midnightman

Mga tol, yung boot loader ba na .98 uk UPDATE BA YUN??? di ba ang sabi don't install a foreign program??? tama ba?? saka pag na-unklock ko ba ang phone tapos nagupgrade ako to the SMART Philippines upgrade malolock ba ulit ang phone to smart??

Guest ecorche

I like it better.. at least alam ko na many people are trying to help people with sap... I have one friend here in modaco who help me with my sap his name is DEWSLAT,, very kind..

Guest deadlock

sorry guys but i still don't get it, i have been reading from this forum and i am really confused. when i downgrade my phone to a bootloader ssay .98(so that i could unlock it) di i stull ahve to install smart ph 1.3.7.8 rom? or could i just downgrade the bootloader and then unlock. thanks for the help guys

@dinoalbert

the heprlink on that thread was for the rom version 1.3.7.8 from smart ph, adn not the (whx) bootloader file i'm looking for, anyway thanks for the help

could anyone assist me?

Guest dinoalbert

@deadlock,

hindi mo naman yata hinanap eh :) . I understand you are looking for the bootloader 0.98 (whx file) so you can sim-unlock your phone. Thats why I pointed you that thread...its in page 7....its not about the ROM...its about the bootloader...tatlo yun 0.91, 0.93 and 0.98...eto nalang click mo link:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...er=asc&start=60

@midnightman

yung 0.98, pang-unlock yun...kelangan mo i-downgrade bootloader mo sa 0.98 para ma-unlock. Donwload mo nalang doon sa link na bigay ko kay deadlock

sabi nga dont install a foreign rom...pero actually pwede. Kaya lang, yung GPRS settings mo, maiiba kase mapapalitan ng foreign network settings. Pero okay lang yun...you can change and configure the Smart setting after you install the foreign rom. I suggest after you unlock your phone, install the Qtek or i-Mate rom because those rom versions will keep your unlocked phone remain unlocked.

Marami na sa atin dito na gumagamit ng Qtek rom...isa na ako.

DONT install the SMART 1.50 update if you dont want your phone to get locked again. Kase yung nilabas ng Smart na 1.50 rom, it was programmed to lock your phone again to their network. So better use the Qtek or i-Mate update...search mo nalang

Guest dinoalbert

Ganito ginawa ng isang buddy ko na naka Smart 1.50 rom with higher bootloader version:

1. downgraded his bootloader to 0.98 using USBterm, extra 8mb SD card, and someone else' smartphone

2. sim-unlocked his phone using SPVUnlock program

3. downgraded his Smart 1.50 rom to Smart 1.3.7 rom

4. upgraded his Smart 1.3.7 rom to Qtek rom

yun lang :wink:

@midnightman

mag downgrade ng ano, rom o bootloader? pag upgrade sa kahit anong rom version or basta magpalit ka ng rom, definitely mabubura lahat ng laman ng IPSM mo.

i dont think so, dude. i upgraded from 1.37 to 1.50 but i didnt lose my contacts, calendar notes and applications.nagtaka nga rin ako,eh.

PU#$%na!!ngayon ako nagsisisi kung bakit ako nag upgrade sa 1.50.sa buong buhay ko ng pagiging SMART subscriber, ngayon lang ako nautakan ng SMART.kung bakit kasi nag-upgrade pa, eh nananahimik at matino namang gumagana ang version 1.37 sa SAP ko!ito ang napapala ng hindi marunong makuntento,eh!pasensya na,ha.pinapagalitan ko lang ang sarili ko.. :)

Guest deadlock

@dinoalbert what i'm atrying to say is that the qtek step-by-step installation that is on THIS thread is a blank zip file, the topic you are showing to me is the bootloader file and i already have that thanks to you and pzee

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
...the qtek step-by-step installation that is on THIS thread is a blank zip file...

Sorry po ;)

3 times ko cya upload using 3 different browsers pero ayaw nya sa title na 'HOW TO UPGRADE TO QTEK ROM.zip'. Parating invalid archive, tama naman filesize. :shock:

So tinanggal ko spaces in between....ngayon OK NA CYA :)

Download nyo na mga panyero 8)