"How To" Repository

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest chibako
PU#$%na!!ngayon ako nagsisisi kung bakit ako nag upgrade sa 1.50.sa buong buhay ko ng pagiging SMART subscriber, ngayon lang ako nautakan ng SMART.kung bakit kasi nag-upgrade pa, eh nananahimik at matino namang gumagana ang version 1.37 sa SAP ko!ito ang napapala ng hindi marunong makuntento,eh!pasensya na,ha.pinapagalitan ko lang ang sarili ko..    ;)

ok lang yan pre, hindi ka nag-iisa. :) pareho lang tayo ng na feel nung nagupgrade ako sa smart 1.50 at nagsisi... hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa din nadodowngrade tong SAP ko. hinihintay ko pa yung card reader ko... :cry:

Guest dewslat
I like it better.. at least alam ko na many people are trying to help people with sap... I have one friend here in MoDaCo who help me with my sap his name  is DEWSLAT,, very kind..

TNX! :)

I have read the instructions using WINHEX!!! it seems that its dificult to find cracks and the older version is dificult to use... It is not garunteed!!! Better use USBTerm from other SAP!!! And of course, it must be WINME - UP!! Win98 just doesnt work!!!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
@pzee, hindi parin sya madownload anyway tnx for the effort

Disable your Firewall before downloading the file.

I have successfully downloaded the file for 5 times now. Look at the animated gif I made (656KB, No filesize mismatch, No Errors Found therefore No Problem). :)

WorkingCya.GIF

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
"]Hey guys...

A lot of this stuff would be beneficial to other non Pinoy members too...?

Maybe this should be in the main areas...

Thoughts?

P

Yes.. :) Would be a great honor to have this thread in the Main Areas or maybe the Front Page ? 8)

hottee, bakit na-simlock uli ang phone mo?

kse mag Qtek or i-Mate ka nalang unless gusto mo talaga naka-simlock phone mo  :)

no plans of unlocking my phone naman.i just wanted to upgrade to qtek or i-mate or eurotel. i didnt know that the smart 1.50 will restrict me from upgrading to another rom.

Thanks pzee, i hope madami pa magcontribute sa forum na ito. Paging spv_dman. Pare, tulungan mo naman ako re: pass through connection... :lol:

what's wrong with your pass through connection?

di ko kasi ma-set-up pre, ganito kasi ang situation ko:

My desktop PC is connected to a LAN, I have no direct access to internet, I just use my boss'es pc as a proxy server. I ask spv_dman's help and he provided me with a utility (port tunnel) to make my desktop PC to act as "router" between my SAP and my boss'es pc.

Re: "My desktop as ROUTER", Na-try ko na sa desktop ng ka-office mate ko. Sinetup ko yung connections nya na yung IP address ko ang proxy server nya, gumana. Ang problem ko na lang is yung settings sa SAP.

I'll just post later yung problem ko re: SAP settings. Thank you in advance

====

Here is my problem:

May you please assist me in supplying the required parameters. And also, may you please identify kung alin ang di ko na kailangang i-supply.

Let A = my IP

B = my boss'es IP

I. VPN connections?

+ server: A or B?

+ connects from? [corporate/ internet/ etc]

+ connects to? [corporate/ internet/ etc]

+ domain?

II. Proxy connections?

-> HTTP?

+ proxy name? A or B

-> MyProxy?

+ proxy name? A or B

+ Type [socks 4/ socks 5/ HTTP]

-> SOCKS?

+ proxy name? A or B

+ Type [socks 4/ socks 5/ HTTP]

and also, under the data connections->options: My desktop connects to? [My Corporate Network/ Internet]?

ok tnx pzee, it's working now, bakit ganon?first time ako nagkaproblema ng ganito, i just had to turn off the norton internet security.

Baka nag auto update yung NIS mo tapos na reset High Security mode.

Guest spv_dman

For pass through connection to work behind a proxy server, the pc to where the smartphone is connected must act as a router to the proxy server. Technically, the smartphone only "sees" the PC to where it is connected and not the whole local area network. There's an application called port tunnel which can perform such task.

PC Configuration:

Port Tunnel Mapping:

IP in: Your_PC_IP

Port in: Any_Unused_Port

IP out: Proxy_Server_IP

Port Out: Proxy_Server_Port

Smartphone Configuration:

For pocket explorer, you only need to configure HTTP on your smartphone to be able to use Pass Through Connection.

It's something like this:

Under programs > settings > data connection > menu > edit connections > proxy connections > HTTP

Connects from:

My Corporate Network

Connects to:

The Internet

Proxy (name:port):

http:pc_ip:pc_port

Type:

HTTP

Username: (if authentication required)

Password: (if authentication required)

You can do the same for SOCKS if your network allows this and you have created a mapping with port tunnel. This will enable other SOCKS supported applications to work. I haven't tested this yet but theoretically this will work.

Now that you've configured your proxy on your smartphone, you need to tell your phone either to use this as the default connection, or specify what can call this connection:

1. Global or the default connection. Will work for all internet-based applications that supports either HTTP or SOCKS (assuming you've configured this).

Go to programs > settings > data connections

Internet Connection:

Pass Through Connection

Work Connection:

Automatic or Pass Through Connection (doesn't matter)

Goto Internet explorer > menu > options > connections

This is the default setting of pocket explorer:

tick "Automatically detect settings"

Select Network:

The Internet

The Pass Through connection becomes your primary internet connection. It searches the HTTP / SOCKS proxy you've configured and tries to connect via these settings. You don't have to reconfigure pocket explorer to call this. This however will override your GPRS connection and have to toggle manually between Pass Through and gprs to make each connection work.

2. Specific Connections.

Go to programs > settings > data connections

Internet Connection:

SMART GPRS

Work Connection:

Pass Through Connection

Now under programs > internet explorer > menu > options > connections

untick "Automatically detect settings"

Select Network:

My Corporate Network

This tells internet explorer to use your Corporate Network which is configured under data connections (Work Connection same as My Corporate Network) as Pass Through Connection. In turn it searches for the http/socks you've configured. As in #1, this disables pocket explorer to use GPRS connection whenever Pass Through is unavailable. However, other applications will use GPRS connection since this is the primary internet connection.

I'll try to make this available in a more detailed document with screenshots if I have time. :)

Guest reymunjr

gud am sir "spv",im no computer expert but i realy like to know abt d passtru cnct.how does it work,para bang globe gprs seting un na nakakaconect ako internet due to globes internet cnctn n na route lang ung data due to d ip adreses?how does pasthru cnct wrk n my Sap n my pc?does it have to be conected via cable.if it is a wireles cnctn den kailangan ba mag dial up ung sap to d pc?may chrge ba ung ganito sa globe?tnx n sory for d ignorant questions.

Guest spv_dman
gud am sir "spv",im no computer expert but i realy like to know abt d passtru cnct.how does it work,para bang globe gprs seting un na nakakaconect ako internet due to globes internet cnctn n na route lang ung data due to d ip adreses?how does pasthru cnct wrk n my Sap n my pc?does it have to be conected via cable.if it is a wireles cnctn den kailangan ba mag dial up ung sap to d pc?may chrge ba ung ganito sa globe?tnx n sory for d ignorant questions.

Passthrough connection is internet via pc thru activesync. Internet sharing so to speak. Instead of using GPRS to connect, you use the available resources in your PC. Parang naka local area network ang phone mo with your PC. It's free in terms of celfone billing. You only have to worry about your internet bill if you're using a commercial ISP.

Gosh "Diehard" na ang rank ko. Kung ma "full bar" ko kaya ito magiging moderator na ako? :)

Guest mariolouis

@spv_dman

pare, do you really have to set all those configurations? i use pass through here at my office. we have a working network through LAN. obviously, internet connection is shared already. i just use pass through in both internet and wap connection and untick automatically detect settings in pocket ie. and that's it.

Guest spv_dman
@spv_dman

pare, do you really have to set all those configurations? i use pass through here at my office. we have a working network through LAN. obviously, internet connection is shared already. i just use pass through in both internet and wap connection and untick automatically detect settings in pocket ie. and that's it.

In your case, I think readily available na ang internet in your LAN. You just have to login to be granted that access. In our case (me and adi), we need to connect to a proxy server pa for internet access. This is what complicate things for us. :?

why is that i dont have an option in Work Connection under ProgramsData Connections ? It says "none available" ..I wish to use our corporate internet and configured my settings on Proxy connections but nothing is appearing in my Work Connections section..

How can i fix this?

i got it to work na..thnx grifter ... i now able to browse using our corporate internet connected via proxy connection (pass-through) ..the only thing i missed was that on the "My desktop connects to" must be set to My Corporate Network.

Thnx guys..