POCKETMUSIC sucks!!

Guest kingdom master

Don't care about the comperssion (I have a 256MB card).

Don't care about the EQ (Come on, this isn't a 5.1 surround system, it's just headphones).

DO CARE about stupid pocketmusic hogging up all my memory! what's the use of a multitasking phone if a CRUCIAL program that I'd like to use most of the time just doesn't allow anything else to run?

All I want in my mp3 player is the option to make playlists, even through the computer! expertmp3 isn't good for me cause it transfers the files to the card via usb, I wanna transfer them myself through the card reader...

Is there anything that will fulfill my needs? :roll:

use wmp and a txt editor to create asx files.

these can be used as a playlist.

it now loads very fast and plays the songs in the order u want.

pocket music not for me. it was very slow and the features i wanted it for (ie bass boost and eq) made music a horror. it was like getting a old record and playing it at 10rpm with a jumping needle, in all VERY bad.

i use wmp at the same time as reading books with orneta reader and am happy with the result. it can get a bit slow but its ok

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Bad news guys. I have tried the official release and paid for it (sucker arent I) but the email said:-

"We are glad to announce the final version of PocketMusic for Smartphone 1.0. In this version all known bugs were fixed and also equalizer performance was improved. PocketMusic for Smartphone 1.0 is signed by GeoTrust with a Mobile2Market signature.

"

Well guess what, it still stutters, I still cant use Equalizer or Bass Boost as it spits and sputters just like before, it still sucks.

Vote with your wallet, DONT PAY FOR IT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest edward0

Weird, i'm not having any trouble with it at all, am playing a 192kb as we speak with XB on and nothing..... wait a minute..... ok so I'm up for it stuttering, and being pants, + this is the latest release version! Just spat it's dummy out at me! Bless it! :twisted:

Guest martindean25

hi can someone help me i installed pocket mvp onto my spv howeva i cannot run it for some reason as it is nowhere to be seen!!! it installs fine but there is nothing to click to get me to the registration page??? where is this utility located as its really wierd???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hang on chaps. I have loaded the Orange 1.6 update and I can use XBass with no problems at all :D

If I close all my apps and system apps like IA CallerID I can use the Equaliser with almost no problems :lol:

Massive improvment. If you have PocketMusic then get the update.

:) :D

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Give it a trial, it is clear that on some phones it works and some it does not, download and give it a try.

If it runs fine on your phone then stick with it as its much better than Media Player.

Guest cyrilthefish

I've been using pocketmusic for ages now.

Essentially, if you stick to 64k or less ogg files (sounds as good as 128k mp3s to me) it'll run absolutely flawlessly with no stuttering at all. :lol:

sadly, anything higher than 64k bitrate files causes it to stutter :?

Whats a good program to convert .ogg files from .wma or .mp3 anyway? i have one but it doesnt seem to be that great (Advanced WMA Workshop).

If only WMP had bass boost and Ogg Vorbis support it would be fantastic,

is it possible to "mod" the old WMP?

Either that or make Pocketmusic:

1) Free - its not worth paying for

2) Simpler to use

4) Faster and less harsh on the phone.

I really like pocket music because of the bass and ogg vorbis files tho!

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Have to agree, converted my MP3's to OGG's sounds just as good and it does not stutter, even better the files are half the size.

Thats twice as much music on my card :lol: :D :)

Guest casperr

HOLY COW! I am so darn happy! I never got this thing to work until I upgraded to Orange ROM today.

I can now use Equalizer and xtra bass with not stuttering at all. But question tho, my old pocketmusic didnt work coz it expired. I downloaded a trial one, it installed find, surprised to see tho that i have something like 7534345345 days left to use the program. Whats up with that?

Now, is there any limitations on this program if not registered? Coz ive been observing, while playing the song, I keep changing the presets equalizer, as well as turning on and off the xtra bass but that doesnt seem to change the music. Seems like it is a restriction. Can anyone verify?

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Have to say I cant hear any difference when I tuen on XBass :)

But for all of you planning on using OGG files, PocketMusic switches off the equaliser when playing ogg files. If you go Menu, Options, General these is an option to enable the equaliser but br ready for mega stuttering :D :lol:

Anyway I am quite happy that these are a lot smaller than mp3 files.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest casperr

I am wondering what memory card those people are using, those who dont experience stuttering. I am using MMC and I wonder if you guys are using SD because from what ive read on the net, SD is faster and since Im using MMC, maybe its the reason why Pocketmusic stutters a lot?

For the makers of PocketMVP, cant you add sound boost to the features?

Guest Ron Jeremy

It's a combination of factors, I really do think it is mainly related to the bitrate that media files are encoded at, in addition to device ROM version, OS version etc. I'm not convinced SD/MMC comes into it:

96kbps is the optimum rate for the smartphones. WMP can struggle with 128kbps on earlier versions of the SPV.

If you're using SPV and E100, upgrading to the latest 1.6 ROM improves all round performance. anything running 1.3 ROM version or earlier will be hit and miss.

Pocket Music is an ok alternative to the current version of Media Player. however i expect Microsoft to do some overhaul to the WMP on Smartphone on the next version of the smartphone OS, '04

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest deviantone

You know people that the REAL problem with these Smartphones is the 133mhz (i think) processors and the 8-12MB of RAM. Just wait until the new phones come out this year (in the order of 333 to 400 mhz) and we'll see all the programs that used to suck working fine. There's only so much you can do with the power of the Gen I phones.

Bad news guys. I have tried the official release and paid for it (sucker arent I) but the email said:-

"We are glad to announce the final version of PocketMusic for Smartphone 1.0.  In this version all known bugs were fixed and also equalizer performance was improved. PocketMusic for Smartphone 1.0 is signed by GeoTrust with a Mobile2Market signature.

"

Well guess what, it still stutters, I still cant use Equalizer or Bass Boost as it spits and sputters just like before, it still sucks.

Vote with your wallet, DONT PAY FOR IT