cant access smart menu

Guest poofy

i'm using my SAP not only for my personal sms/calls but also for e-loading. when i tried to make an e-load and access the smart menu, it said YOUR SIM CARD HAS NO APPLICATION INSTALLED! what's wrong and what should i do?

i'm using my SAP not only for my personal sms/calls but also for e-loading. when i tried to make an e-load and access the smart menu, it said YOUR SIM CARD HAS NO APPLICATION INSTALLED! what's wrong and what should i do?

what sort of sim card are you using, i heard the there is a problem sometimes with the SAP and the various STK services available on the different sim cards of smart.

Guest luvonmik

papalitan mo na lang pre.... ganyan din nangyari sa akin kanina lang. sira daw ang sim bumili na lang ako bago 100 lang naman sa wireless center may 100 airtime & 200 msgs free yung silver na retailers SIM.

Guest mlkanapi
papalitan mo na lang pre.... ganyan din nangyari sa akin kanina lang. sira daw ang sim bumili na lang ako bago 100 lang naman sa wireless center may 100 airtime & 200 msgs free yung silver na retailers SIM.

Do you mind if I ask how much the Smart SIM card costs? Did I hear Php 100 lang? I have been asked to help install programs and set up some friends phones but their phones are locked (1.5). They usually leave the phone with me overnight but prefer to use their own SIM cards running on a back-up phone.

I know of some instances where if you use someone else's SIM card, the addresses and contacts get transferred to the SAP.

Guest mlkanapi

It's almost impossible to get rid of the Contacts that get transferred to your phone if you use someone else's SIM card. The only way is to Hard Reset the phone.

Anyway I got a prepaid Buddy 64K for Php 199 to avoid this problem.

Guest mlkanapi

This was posted before:

Post subject: Sim contact list problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently swapped sims with my GF to test some stuff out... problem is when i placed my sim back in my phone all her contacts were still on my phone! Its not marked as a regular contact that you can delete, its marked as a SIM contact with the SIM picture after it along with my other SIM contacts... so now i have my GF's contacts added to my own contacts! I didnt even copy any of her contacts to my phone memory!!!

Anyone know how i can delete it? Its really annoying...

Thanks in advance!

Like I said, only a hard reset will work.

Guest mariolouis

must be a bug. i change sims a lot and does not have that problem. a hard reset will erase those "contacts" but it might not be the permanent solution. what if they need to insert other sim again? how about a rom update?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

cant acces smart menu...

restart lang?try en try til u die?

galing.i had dis b4 on adik sim - wala yung addict menu...nakuha sa Quick Reset mga 5 times.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm having this problem too. i can't access the smart addict menu. i've already done 3 resets.i'm having this problem too. i can't access the smart addict menu. i've already done 3 resets.

@rodnav,

weird...

it happened to me once before. Soft reset did the trick.

someone mentioned in another thread that you have to have the stk launch.lnk shortcut in your startup folder.

did you do that?

@rodnav,

weird...

it happened to me once before.  Soft reset did the trick.

someone mentioned in another thread that you have to have the stk launch.lnk shortcut in your startup folder.

did you do that?

i think it'll automatically be added there after the hard reset or upgrade that you made... unless you intentionally deleted it...

The smart or addict menu disappears everytime I use quick close, or free memory. But it reappears everytime I have a soft reset, or after I close my phone for 30 seconds before opening it again.

Guest spv_dman
The smart or addict menu disappears everytime I use quick close, or free memory. But it reappears everytime I have a soft reset, or after I close my phone for 30 seconds before opening it again.

The STK service is launched when the phone is turned on. Possible that when you run quick close or free mem it automatically terminates that program. When you invoke it via start menu, does it come back or soft reset lang talaga ang puwede?

the sim stk.lnk is in my start up menu and i've tried using using quick close and task manager to close all apps but i could still open my smart menu now. i don't know when and how it disappears but it just does sometimes when i'd like to access it.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

@ spv

it will only reappear after performing the soft reset. But let me clarify my post. It disappears only when the stk service is active and I close the application. Afterwhich, whether I use the short cut or the start menu the stk menu is empty until I perform a soft reset.