Start a Petition to get Flash Player for Smartphone 2003 ??

Guest urdone311

Guest !coolway!

heres a thought but just a thought, maybe if everyone on this site sent the same email to macromedia theyd see how many people actually want it and then they may consider making it or even try and get there price down to something like say around 10 grand and assuming everyone on this site wants this we could all chip in say £1-2 as there are 57479 memebers, do the math, but as i said just a thought.

:twisted: I have an evil plan. How about when people sign up for modaco having a clause that says if they accept and join then they automatically join this petition in the affirmative. After all, they don't have to sign up.... :)

:twisted: I have an evil plan. How about when people sign up for modaco having a clause that says if they accept and join then they automatically join this petition in the affirmative. After all, they don't have to sign up.... :lol:
Yeah and then just simply delete the members database so everyone would have to register again..... :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MrTunney

I saw Macromedia's stand at the Symbian Expo. They were showing their flash player off for the various SymbianOS platforms and it looked very impressive.

Maybe if it's a success then they'll consider releasing it for Windows-based smartphones too?

• 2 weeks later...

The underground Xbox scene have created there own port of Flash now that some of the older stuff is open source, I'm not sure whether these phones support direct draw, but it could be quite easy to port if someone asked the creator of the Xbox version...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest willieturnip

i have a flash player!!!and i have made an app. with flash mx2004pro...i have attatched the player...i am letting you lot know 5 mis after i have found it so i have only got the 'enter'/'ation' key to work so far...but u know...its a start...you will also need binarys smart explorer..upload the app to your phone..open smart explorer and find the .swf file...click 'open' .. then 'open with'...click 'add to list'...select the flash player..then click 'done'...the .swf file should now play...

now that you have assosiated the player with the file name/extention you can select items from the start menu(.swf) and simply click on them to play them..have fun..i sure am

p.s...i encode the .swf's for use by flash player 6

Beta_Macromedia_Flash.exe

Guest Jayenkai

Holy Cow!

That actually works!!

I was confused when the Tutorial stuff popped up, but.. Yup.. Works!

Any chance of being able to resize the movies, perhaps as various Zoom %'s (and maybe defaulting to "It just fits on the screen"), or would that further reduce the speed?

and what about Quality options?

And, maybe a "Hide Menu's and stuff" fullscreen option?

PS, Wow, again...

Thanks..

Guest willieturnip

yer..i am developing the app. but its sooooo tricky..lol...soon i will have my site properly up and running with info on the flash player...and a d/l...hmm..and some flash app.s..to run on it...so far i have a kinda helicopter game where you fly around and stuff...and you have to shoot a crazy potatoe :lol:...its so fun...the site is www.willanddave.cjb.net

... no homepage yet though...im too engrosed in the flash player...lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest quinrou

hey,

I like that flash player - Nice work!

It would be nice to get some kind of documentation though - as in what does flash methods and functions does it support? I saw that it supports as1 and 2 which is wicked!!

Also what are methods that supports to get information off the phone?

Is it gonna be any update in the near future?

thanks

seb

Hi Guys,

Without saying too much, maybe MM already have a player and are beta testing it now.

Maybe it's faster than this one. Maybe it has vibrate functions as it's Flash Lite?