Response to some of the questions that have been asked.

Guest Mr Orange

I'm sure Mr Orange is visiting and reading the comments with interest. From his profile:

Bear in mind that there are a lot of posts per day to trawl through for meaningful questions, and as broeren79 pointed out we have day jobs to do too!

Also, some information is commercially sensitive and cannot be free posted to the web.

Rgds,

Martin

Hmmm. Who scared Mr. Orange away? :D

For those complaining, what do you expect Mr Orange to do?

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

This is a discussion forum - therefore I would expect discussion!

Also, since it's an 'official' capacity - I would expect at least some kind of 'official' response, not no contact whatsoever. Although, I did send an email to Orange customer service at the start of August which I still haven't had a reply to, so maybe it's common practice for Orange!!

I have to admit, I was expecting Mr. Orange to be at least checking into the forum every couple of days or something (& responding to queries etc), & of course I understand that people have "jobs" to be getting on with (poor b**tards!! ;) ). But that was obviously too much to expect. I'm just a bit disappointed, coz after the much hailed arrival of Mr. O, I did think that we might see a general improvement in communication with Orange, not just a once monthly Orange propaganda message! Which actually amounted to nothing more than "wait for 1.6"!! Hang on, is Mr. Orange a moderator??!! :wink:

Guest Simon Desser
Given MoDaCos reputation as the source for all things Smartphone, I would have thought Andy would be visiting purely to get the best feedback and information available!

I would have thought that Andy (and other key Orange peeps) would have been silently watching this forum for months, long before Andy joined in an official capacity?

If all he wanted was to get "feedback and information available" he could have done that without even registering, and without all the big announcements and hype that went with it :?:

If Andy wasn't looking at the Mighty Mod before officially joining, then I can't believe he/Orange are really that bothered about getting feedback :!: (I said "If" because I don't believe that could be the case)

Guest paulmottley

I think it's fair to say there has been people from orange checking out this site from the start. Maybe the whole de-cert program came from orange getting worried that too many people were doing it themselves, and if they could get their hands on the inner workings then who knows what else they could do. Much better to do an official release than have others messing about with the security on the phone.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that Mr Orange is staying cool and not replying. It would be far too easy to give away things he shouldn't after a couple of pints, also people are being far too hostile- he didn't have to announce who he was!!!

also people are being far too hostile- he didn't have to announce who he was!!!

I hope I'm not coming across that way! :oops: Suppose I probably am!! :twisted:

I'm not in any way trying to be aggressive or anything - I just felt that with the big announcement & everything, that Mr. Orange was going to be a regular attendee of the forums. & make regular posts in response to people's queries. Not just that - I'm interested in getting the opinions of the Head of Handset development for Orange!! I did think that this would be a great opportunity to learn a bit more about the phones themselves & their future development etc.

I think alot of people were expecting alot from the arrival of Mr. O - what with the grand entrance!! I wasn't particularly expecting any great revelations, or instant remedies to problems - but I did think he was going to partcipate in general all day/every day chat & banter. This is after all a discussion forum!!

No offense meant to anybody!! & Andy, if you're listening out there - I don't think anybody is trying to be overly confrontational or anything, I think people are, like me, just looking for a bit of a chat with you about issues raised in the forums. Don't be scared, we just want to talk!! :twisted:

If the situation is not condusive to Andy making regular posts & responses, then it might be a good idea at this stage to clear that issue up. I don't imagine anybody having a problem with the fact that Mr. Orange has probably got alot better stuff to do all day than sit on a chat website (ahem! :shock: ). But at least if we knew that, it wouldn't be so much like a bunch of imaptient kids all shouting for teacher!! :wink:

Guest broeren79
People having day jobs?

Surely, if Mr Orange is here in an official capacity, then this is now part of his day job?

Yes but in a forty hour week what do you reckon his portion dedicated to Modaco would be fair? about 36? com'on....Just be glad he comes here once in a while to give some answers

Guest VeryTense

Hi

Orange seem to have been pipped to the post. There's been recent MM02 announcement of video on mobiles in the UK.

...short snatches of video for 19p a pop. News, sport (RUGBY WORLD CUP) etc.

It is supplied to 02 by a company called Mobix Interactive. Not aclue who these folks are. The service is only available on certain Nokia & SonyEricsson phones...probably using realnetworks, if so it should be compatible with the Vodafone multimedia offering.

But get this, MM02 state that customers can take and send video messages to each other.

Anyone try this yet, or have a view?