Sept 18 EB-7:30pm at Melange -RECAP

Guest grifter

Guest ppcsurfr
hi guys,

pahabol,

is anyone bringing a digital camera or we just going to use the cam with our phone. sana meron magdala para magawas natin yung sinabi nila morflez at will.  in the chat this early AM, nanduin si Mr Orange also known as Andy. sana magjoin din yung SMART person na responsible for the Smart amazing phone.

And who would that be?

Anyway, i'll try to make it and I'll bring a digital camera too.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Microsoft MVP, Mobile Devices (Pocket PC and Smartphone)

And who would that be?

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

di ko po alam sir carlo.

kilala nyo po ba?

baka kayo po yun?

And who would that be?

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

di ko po alam sir carlo.

kilala nyo po ba?

baka kayo po yun?

anyway,

really hope you could us. salamat

to those who will be going later, since I'll be coming from Makati pa, in case you get to Melange before me, just tell them na modaco.com get together. I've reserved tables for 8-10 people.

see you guys there! ;)

To all the guys last night, I'll say it was a successful EB and very fruitfull one also. Thanks specially to grifter for bringing in a laptop and to carlo for being on hand.

Alright people, here's the recap of what happened during last night's "bootloader EB"

- the ff people attended the EB :

1. ppcsurfr

2. grifter

3. mario louis

4. adi

5. matanglawin

6. chibako

7. tiger

8. vwbeetle

9. rodnav

10. neo168

- ppcsurfr showed us the capabilities of his HP PocketPC -- with a 400Mhz CPU, it totally rocks! He even showed us a game which is very similar to Gran Turismo. The game was smooth and fast. He also showed us video clips in mpg format with sound. Very nice resolution and sound clarity.

- we copied the .98 bootloader of matanglawin to rodnav's mmc card and downgraded everyone's bootloader to 0.98

- tried to unlock a unit with 0.98 bootloader with SMART 1.5.0.28 ROM -- DOESN'T WORK!

- tried to unlock a 0.99 bootloader unit with SMART 1.3.7.8 ROM -- DOESN'T WORK EITHER!

- tried to unlock a 0.98 bootloader unit with SMART 1.3.7.8 ROM -- SUCCESS!

- some of the attendees upgraded their ROM's to the I-Mate flavor

- there was some shared testimonials abt BP's service, and of course, some bashing. hehe...

- ppcsurfr and chibako tried to copy the entire wince+gsm to an mmc card via usbterm but were unsuccessful. too bad. :lol:

That's abt it for now. Overall I'd say the EB was a success since the objective of dowgrading the bootloaders was achieved.

ppcsurfr has the pics and he'll probably upload soon. ;)

cheers and looking forward to the next EB. Maybe, "HTC Voyager vs Mitac Mio 8380 EB" ? hehehe... we wish. :D

it's nice meeting all of you... :D kahit na medyo late nako dumating atleast nakahabol pako... till the next eb!

@grifter,

thank you! nice place you got! sarap ng food and the price is fair enough kasi enjoy naman sa food e, i'll surely come back! :lol: maybe i'll try to bring yung wifi na ecs notebook ng axisglobal. I think we haven't tried it yet e. ;)

nice pics! 

pero ang lalaki pa rin ng file sizes.....I think pwede pa to ma-resize into at least 50Kb each

sorry but if i tried making them even smaller but the images deteriorate, pixelated na. i hope mr carlo can fix them na lang. he just asked me to post them just in case he couldn't. i only have microsoft photoeditor on this machine. maybe after the weekend, i could use photoshop.

wish you were there.

Guest josh72201

Sayang ngayon ko lang nabasa yung eb nyo, sana nakapunta rin ako. I'm a two weeks user of SAP and i wanted to sim unlocked it eversince. will you going to have a part two of that eb?

Guest vwbeetle

@carlo

kakainis, hindi ko maalis sa isip ko yan HP PPC mo!

anyone interested in buying a 2nd hand p800? mura lang...nyehehehe

ML - uminom ka na naman? ano ka lassenggo?

@randy,

the original files total 16 mb. will try to zip them. but i won't have access to the internet on my computer till next week. may carlo could just send it to you.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

It’s a pleasure meeting you guys!

I was surprise that not all who went to the EB is a technical person (I was expecting a group of IT geeks). We came from all types of field appreciating the technology that changes our way of life. It’s great that we share our thoughts, ideas and experiences about these technologies. We even tested it --- some are success and some are failures, but all are part of the learning process and our endeavor to make things better.

Till the next EB pipol! ;)

Guest chia_7285

Nice pics!

I hope I can attend too the next EB. Pero sana on a different day of the week. If i'm not mistaken Thursday ata yun eh. Got prior engagements every Thursdays kc eh.

Guest ppcsurfr

Here's a idea...

resize the pics and then just place a link for the larger ones... I'll be posting them on the PinoyPocketPC/PinoySmartphone Site anyway... At least hindi malaki yung bandwidth na kakainin dito sa MoDaCo.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Nice being there to. although di ako nag-upgrade ng ROM, dami ko naman natutunan sa inyo. Pero, di na muna cguro ako mag-u-update ng ROM, i'll just wait na lang for smartphone 2003 upgrade! ;)

It’s a pleasure meeting you guys!

I was surprise that not all who went to the EB is a technical person (I was expecting a group of IT geeks). We came from all types of field appreciating the technology that changes our way of life. It’s great that we share our thoughts, ideas and experiences about these technologies. We even tested it --- some are success and some are failures, but all are part of the learning process and our endeavor to make things better.

Till the next EB pipol!  ;)

how's your phone? :?