Q: 3G handset with Windows Mobile?

Guest mathiaspettersson@msn.com

Has anyone heard any rumours abot a 3G enabled handset with Windows Mobile OS? I'm sort of hoping for one of the two mystery Motorolas which are set to follow up the MPx200 Q1 2004.

Smartphone features by importance to me:

Windows Mobile 2003 OS

3G enabled hardware (With video telephony software)

Bluetooth

Built-in camera

Durable hardware

Intel XScale

Clamshell design

The folks at O2 have been surveying people like yourself about these very same features. Maybe they're working on something :wink:

Has anyone heard any rumours abot a 3G enabled handset with Windows Mobile OS? I'm sort of hoping for one of the two mystery Motorolas which are set to follow up the MPx200 Q1 2004.

Smartphone features by importance to me:

Windows Mobile 2003 OS

3G enabled hardware (With video telephony software)

Bluetooth

Built-in camera

Durable hardware

Intel XScale

Clamshell design

• 1 month later...
Guest kingdom master

well, all i can say is three are wishing to get a motorola 3g unit out with ms on it by late next year. motorola have sold symbian shares. and are working with ms smartphones only. an update of the mpx200 which is to be called mpx220 with bluetooth and camera and 2003 system etc...but there is another unit planned whichi s 3g operable. plus another firm looking into it for aussie 3g service. with possiblities for uk release but cant say no more than that.

Guest kingdom master

nop cause im a tester so i got this info from somoene i know who is working on the project. i doubt three will get it i think orange will take it as there first 3g unit next year;-)

• 1 month later...