Seen someone with an SPV but were to afraid to say Hello &gt

Guest mavisdavis

Guest mavisdavis

;) I was out for dinner today (Sunday 28.9.03)at the Beekeeper in Beeston Notts and seen someone there using a SPV.

I didn't quite know how to say hi so I just left it. If you were that person you were wearing a dark grey shirt and jeans with brown shoes on.

You were with a big group of people some went into the playbarn bit then you followed soon after. I was sat to your left just behind you.

You did walk past and see my brother inlaws SPV sat on the table then grabbed your pocket to see if you had picked yours up.

If this was you then say Hi.

I was wearing a red Billabong Baseball cap.

I have also seen a bloke in Derby McDonalds and The Littern Tree in Long Eaton.

Guest mavisdavis

Cool or maybe a little dance. and don't forget the greeting. what could that be? Certainly not "Hi I have the same phone as you ":lol: How about "WIBBLE WIBBLE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL PHONE"

Lets see how many times that gets said to me ;)

Guest Paul [MVP]

Valid point though, i've seen people a couple of times with Smartphones and wanted to ask if they are on here!

I think maybe some MoDaCo flyers in business card size format are the answer?

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Greywolf_Ghost

Maybe members of the board could buy buttons or patch for a jacket/coat.

Some form of MoDaCo ID so members can say hi and not worry if someone will look at them strange.

Cards are also a great way

Guest chucky.egg

How about stamping on toes? We used to use that at school - if you see someone who was in the same "house" as you outside of school you sneak up an stamp on their toes. You're not allowed to say anything, or make eye contact etc, you just stamp on their toes and walk off as though nothing had happened.

Somebody was working on beaing able to beam contacts, so we could all use that and see how many wierdos contacts you can collect.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
"]Valid point though, i've seen people a couple of times with Smartphones and wanted to ask if they are on here!

I think maybe some MoDaCo flyers in business card size format are the answer?

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

MoDaCo calling cards? ;p

Coming to a phone box near you soon!

Guest beersoft

I was/is working on the beam-o-card thing but keep getting side tracked by real life + work

Im going to get some more done this week i hope, but we will see how it goes

later

Owen

"work sucks"

Guest mavisdavis

;) Sorry Richie I didn't think it was a Main subject but I put in by mistake whilst I was browsing. :wink:

How about a tattoo of the MoDaCo Guy under the left ear. Or is that a little extreme.

Yeah, I saw a guy on Saturday afternoon in the Chelsea Potter Pub, (in Chelsea ;-O ) using one whilst stood at the bar!! Same thing, afraid to make a fool of myself by asking if he uses a website...

I LIVE IN BEESTON!!!

dont think it was me in the first post tho coz i dont remember seeing another SPV on a table but if i was blitzed it could explain it ;) :D

Guest AngelOfRage

perhaps take a quick picture of them with your camera and then have a dedicated topic where we can see if we can spot ourselves.... just a random thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tallisman7

If we're too embarrassed to say Hi! to others with an SPV (I have been), then the Stealthdisco or Toe-stamping moves are out! [-X

How about a theme tune associated with the Modaco site? Something easily recognisable as a ringtone/sound effect but short enough to play in a crowded place and invite the stylishly-equipped and well-informed stranger to talk to us... :wink:

I was once accosted by someone on a train to Peterborough who broached the barrier by demanding to know why I had one of THOSE things (SPV), and when proceeded to give me tips and to introduce me to the Modaco site - haven't looked back since.

:)

Guest midnight

easiest way i found was someone had one of my homescreens on their phone, was easy to approach them then :)

strange thing was, they didnt use MoDaCo, so where they got my homescreen from i dont know, oh, and if that person is reading this, welcome to MoDaCo :(

Guest goinnuts

its wrote on everyones customer information form (contract) at least in my store anyway. two of us have them. me and djmimo2k1.

edit anyone here got their phones from the o shop st anns square manchester?

Guest Simon Desser
anyone here got their phones from the o shop st anns square manchester?

I'll come and see you to buy an E200 the second they hit the shops :)

(By the way, d'you remember seeing me in St Anne's Square shop and you and your mate were looking at my Tanager before Orange released them :?: you might not have realised it was me :?: )

There's a few people at the University of Hertfordshire with SPV's/E100's, myself, ukpauls, my mate who's name on here i think is "Oscar" (he's never posted yet but he bought my spare e100 from me!). We've also spotted one or two people we don't know around the campus, on one occasion whilst we were out in the student's union ukpauls apporached someone with an SPV and all he said to him was "you need to sort out your homescreen mate!".

Guest cyrilthefish

Hehehe! strange, but i've not seen anyone near me who owns an SPV :shock:

But i do claim to be semi-responsible for at least 4 other people buying SPV's in another web-forum i visit loads! posting screenshots of doomspv was enough to convince one of them :wink: