Help: New SPVs from Smart has v1.09 bootloader

Guest wolfman

Guest wolfman

Has anybody unlocked the new phones coming from Smart with the v1.09 bootloader? I'm trying to unlock a friend's phone. I tried to change the bootloader to 0.98 using an SD card with the said bootloader version. The option to load the bootloader in the canary screen did not show up. I tried the SD card on my phone which has the Qtek 150 and 1.07.4 bootloader, and the option to load the new bootloader was there. So there must be something in the v1.09 bootloader that's preventing it to load the new bootloader.

I was thinking to apply the SAP 1.37 rom to get the bootloader down to 0.98 but i'm quite hesistant to do so. I just would like to ask first if anybody has unlocked a phone with this bootloader version (v1.09)...

BTW the rom version is 1.6.0.7

Guest wolfman

@ mariolouis

Actually that's what I was thinking to do but I'm still quite hesitant as this is not my phone. Just wanted to ask first if anybody has had an experience with this new rom version coz I was thinking if they found a way to block bootloader downgrading how much more for the rom image?

Comments please...

Guest sonborj
Has anybody unlocked the new phones coming from Smart with the v1.09 bootloader? I'm trying to unlock a friend's phone. I tried to change the bootloader to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 using an SD card with the said bootloader version. The option to load the bootloader in the canary screen did not show up. I tried the SD card on my phone which has the Qtek 150 and 1.07.4 bootloader, and the option to load the new bootloader was there. So there must be something in the v1.09 bootloader that's preventing it to load the new bootloader.

I was thinking to apply the SAP 1.37 rom to get the bootloader down to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 but i'm quite hesistant to do so. I just would like to ask first if anybody has unlocked a phone with this bootloader version (v1.09)...

BTW the rom version is 1.6.0.7

Are these new phones the SMARTPHONE 2003 already? the voyager ? If its still the tanager, am hesitant to buy dahil mahirap i unlock.

I guess our SMART forum mates are reporting everything they see specially on unlocking tips to their superiors. pagalingan na lang to.

Guest mar9118

Try downgrading the bootloader using USBTerm, place the SD card with bootloader 0.98 in phone and run USBTerm then execute the command "card to bootloader"....try it, nothing to loose ;)

Guest wolfman
Try downgrading the bootloader using USBTerm, place the SD card with bootloader 0.98 in phone and run USBTerm then execute the command "card to bootloader"....try it, nothing to loose

Actually I've tried that option too but the new bootloader did not provide any option to copy the card contents to the bootloader.

Guest mar9118

Actually I've tried that option too but the new bootloader did not provide any option to copy the card contents to the bootloader.

It's not a function of the bootloader but USBTerm, it is to force the bootloader to load into your phone using USBTerm since the 0.98 bootloader in the SD card is not being detected by the 1.09 bootloader, I have had similar experience with the 1.04 bootloader of Smart before and USBTerm did the trick ;)

Yes anybody please give us details on this new rom version? What are the benefits aside from the difficulty to unlock?

Have checked smart website but no new updates yet.

Guest runab0ut

sana naman this new version from smart do get improvements in the battery life dept. :/

btw... i tried using the Task program... i can't edit any thing on the field there! what gives?

can someone cut and paste the whole of the about screen.. plz.. so we can see what's improved ..

Or if someone with winhex can create a clone of a rom backup..??

Will

Guest dinoalbert

either use Remote Display Control to get the screenshot through your desktop OR install SmartSS to your phone and get the screenshot directly from your phone

all these can be downloaded from www.monolithix.org ;)

Guest sonborj
either use Remote Display Control to get the screenshot through your desktop OR install SmartSS to your phone and get the screenshot directly from your phone

all these can be downloaded from www.monolithix.org  ;)

Here's the remotedisplaycontrol file

remotedisplay.zip

Guest grifter
Are these new phones the SMARTPHONE 2003 already? the voyager ? If its still the tanager, am hesitant to buy dahil mahirap i unlock.  

I guess our SMART forum  mates are reporting everything they see specially on unlocking tips to their superiors. pagalingan na lang to.

Well, it is inevitable that SMART will come up with more 'unlock-resilient' bootloaders/ROMs since we are blatantly posting unlocking methods in this forum.

If I were SMART, I'd probably do the same thing.

Guest spv_dman

Well, it is inevitable that SMART will come up with more 'unlock-resilient' bootloaders/ROMs since we are blatantly posting unlocking methods in this forum.

If I were SMART, I'd probably do the same thing.

Bottom line is, if a phone can be unlocked then like grifter said, telcos will be persistent in providing ROM upgrades which are "unbreakable". With the current structure of the ROM upgrades, locking / unlocking really depends on the bootloader. So I suspect that the next ROM will be bootloader locked too, if that's possible. Means we cannot downgrade the bootloader, and we're stuck with it until the next official update. Really is scary. :shock:

Guest adi116

richard, wala ka pa ba balita sa advantages ng 1.6? sa akin kasi di masyadong nag-ma-matter kung ma-simlock ang phone ko, anyway, 2 years pa naman ako nakatali sa smart, another thing satisfied naman ako with my addict mobile plan.

Guest spv_dman
richard, wala ka pa ba balita sa advantages ng 1.6? sa akin kasi di masyadong nag-ma-matter kung ma-simlock ang phone ko, anyway, 2 years pa naman ako nakatali sa smart, another thing satisfied naman ako with my addict mobile plan.

I heard meron na daw built in file explorer, action engine backup and update - Update! Yun pa lang so far ang nalalaman ko.

It doesn't matter to me na ma-simlock to smart yung phone ko, anyway taga dito naman ako eh. But for me it matters na hindi matali ang ROM sa SMART, coz it won't let me play around with these ROMS, baka may mas maganda pang i-release in the future. Parang nung ni-release 1.50.28 ng SMART, mayroong dumating na Qtek and Imate ROMS na mas ok a few months after. ;)

Guest adi116

Oo nga, tama ka jan. Kaya nga ako di pa din maka-lipat sa I-mate or Qtek. Balitaan mo na lang kami sa mga mapupulot mo pang further info re: advantages and disadvantages ng ROM 1.6. Thanks again richard!